Park Ji Sung at United 2008-2009 [r] part2

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Elliad, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Member

Sep 10, 2006
    park starts against arsenal.. he seems to play in more important matches this season.. and nani plays in less important matches

2. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Arsenal v Man Utd
    PREMIER LEAGUE
    Venue: Emirates Stadium Date: Saturday 8 November Kick-off: 1230 GMT

Arsenal
    01 Almunia
    03 Sagna
    10 Gallas
    18 Silvestre
    22 Clichy
    14 Walcott
    04 Fabregas
    15 Denilson
    08 Nasri
    02 Diaby
    26 Bendtner

Substitutes
    21 Fabianski, 05 Toure, 12 Vela, 16 Ramsey, 17 Song Billong, 19 Wilshere, 20 Djourou

Man Utd
    01 Van der Sar
    02 Neville
    05 Ferdinand
    15 Vidic
    03 Evra
    07 Ronaldo
    08 Anderson
    16 Carrick
    13 Park
    10 Rooney
    09 Berbatov

Substitutes
    29 Kuszczak, 11 Giggs, 17 Nani, 21 R Da Silva, 22 O'Shea, 23 Evans, 32 Tevez

Ref: Howard Webb

3. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    looks like a 12.45pm kick off.

but they are still introducing the players.

there will be a minute of silence b4 kick off. Rememberence Sunday.

4. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    lol

BBC Radio 5 commentator said he thought it was a little disrespectful that Ferguson rested so many starters against Celtic on Wednesday, not that he would tell Ferguson what to do.

5. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    ManU wearing blue.

Park Ji-sung had a shooting chance just outside the box but he let the squared ball go thru his legs and sold a dummy to the defenders to allow another ManU player behind him to take a free shot.

6. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Always get the feeling that Park will score against Arsenal...he just seems to get up for this match more than any other...not that he starts or nothing.

:))

7. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Had an earlier chance when Vidic shot at goal that was always veering off target, Park Ji-sung tried to head it back on target, but the shot was a rocket and he just missed it. that move started off from a freekick at the 3rd min.

Park Ji-sung is also defending quite well, stole the ball off Walcott couple of times already.

8. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    So far this match is great. Living up to the big bill.

Arsenal is up for it and playing attacking football, lovely passes. ManU also playing attacking football, countering fast and quick.

9. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Nasri scores. 1-0

10. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    well, he is certainly playing a very attacking game today, spending far more time in offence way up the field.

he has been doing that far more this season so far. The frequency of such plays means it must be part of Ferguson's strategic decision as well as Park Ji-sung own personal desire.

11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    and looking back, Park Ji-sung this season has be far more vocal in his wish to score more goals, despite ManU this season have more attacking option than they had in recent years, which as a result Tevez is hardly seeing any play time.

fck, Park Ji-sung! shot at goal, a great run (1/4 of the pitch) and a good shot as well, well saved parried by Almunia. He went pass 2-3 defenders.

12. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I thought Park had a pretty good game... had a nice dummy allowing for a Rooney shot in the first half and some nice interplay with Evra... in the second half, soon after Nasri's second, Park gave a perfect cross to a breaking Ronaldo, who sidefooted wide. And then there was his one shot (left footed) where he created space for himself, alone in the box. He was pretty good today.

13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. I think his second half was really good, although he lost the ball to often.

14. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    FT Arsenal 2 - 1 ManU

Well Park Ji-sung played the full 90min and overall played well. There were couple of definite assists if only Ronaldo could have found the target. Park Ji-sung also showed nice movement and passing.

Arsenal v ManU match was always going to be a hard, one of those key Big4 match up that the season may be decided upon. Arsenal got all three points keeping their title ambitions further alive, whereas ManU's one game advantage is now used up with nil point to show for it.

15. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is this the first game Manutd lost while Park was playing?

16. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Yes, I do believe it is.

17. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fack... oh well I guess records are there to be broken. :(

18. pourmood

pourmood Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Is that true? ManU has never lots when Park started? Since 2005?

Also, anyone have highlight clips of Park? ESPN's highlights were pretty dry.

19. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Member

Jul 26, 2004
  20. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    dont know without looking it up but we are talking about a record streak, the record being the number of matches league, cup and CL that ManU did not lose when Park Ji-sung started.

its a bit like the no losses at home streak kind of thing. ManU first highlighted this record last season, one of those sport stats people like to bandy around i guess. again cant remember when the record started and how many games it exactly is but its quite a number of games.

21. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Freaking boo yeh, GO ARSENAL!!! What a classic match guys..

Park was definitely one of Man Utd's better players, he had a really good game.

22. JASF

JASF Member

May 26, 2006
    Just finished watching the whole match and... wow, just wow, Arsenal just dominated United with multiple fast breaks. They just blew past them with their pace down the wings helped by one key United player who was out of position constantly - Berbatov. This was the first full match I saw them playing with Berb.

What exactly is this guy's position in the United? I saw him dropping as far back as where he could have played a DM role, except that he never played much of defense. Berb singlehandly gave Arsenal all the space they need to exploit on a fast break. It's OK to have Berb drop back as a point of attack (obviously he was not used as out and out striker), but you can't have him not defend the middle when shit hits the fan. If he doesn't defend, it puts a lot of stress on back 4 (actually back 3 because Evra was bombing that left flank at will) to deal with fast and pacy Arsenal wingers. How many times did we see 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 fast break opportunities? Also, Berb need to be more consistent in his positioning. He doesn't need to drop all the way to the center line, but rather drop just enough to be that link man btw midfielders and wingers. If you have any doubt on what I said above, go back and watch last year's match, any match that they played with Tevez up front, and compare that to the match played yesterday. If it wasn't for Rooney's ************ form, Berb would have been subbed out in the second half.

Lastly, it's time Neville stopped playing in a high profile game. He just doesn't have it anymore. He was by far the worst player on the pitch. He couldn't pass, couldn't tackle, out of position multiple times, he was just bad, period.

23. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good analysis JASF. Wish I could add onto that, but unfortunately, I don't have FSC anymore.

Saw those Park highlights, and I gotta say, Park looked a lot more explosive. He had a great shot on goal in the late first half, and whipped in some good crosses. Overall, just some intelligent play that I enjoyed watching. Apparently, I can't say the same about United.

I have a question. What the hell is Berbatov doing there? I tried liking him--I really did, but there isn't much about this guy that really stands out. Even on Tottenham I didn't see him as much of a big deal (But maybe that's just me.) I think Tevez is much, much better than him. From what I see, Tevez normally plays 100% and he's always running around the pitch. I actually feel really bad for Tevez, because he definitely does not belong on the bench.

Oh, and nice goal by Rafael. Hopefully he'll be a accomplished succcessor of Gary Neville.