Paris Sale-Germain! All Players Half Price! - RM Summer Transfers & Bargain Bin Shopping Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

What's that? No, our final offer is 30 million.

[​IMG]

Oh and TIA for screwing up your chances with Pogba.

Varane sends his best

2. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Paris Sale-Germain.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Will add.

EDIT: Mod please change title to:

Paris Sale-Germain! All Players Half Price! - Real Madrid Summer Transfers & Bargain Bin Shopping Thread

Horsehead repped this.
  4. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shit thread title. :p:D

It's the most wonderful time...of the year!

5. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Done. Had to abbreviate a bit but the good stuff is there.

temesgen and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I completely agree, I just think Benz should remain the #1 guy, and that means bringing in a big name striker probably isn't a realistic option. Much as I'd love to have Cavani in a white shirt, I'm not sure a Cavani-Benzema platoon is a good idea, and I'm not sure Cavani would fit as well with Cristiano/Gareth.

Also, I'm going to assume the sell Iker/buy Courtois post in the last thread was some kind of unfunny joke. Our GK situation is the best of any club's in Europe.

I don't see the need for a DM; but then again that's because I still believe in Illarra, who is most definitely not a flavor of the month right now.

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Plus it still remains to be seen how Khedira comes back after his injury. Because how bad Illara had been doing the last weeks, Khedira has not actually shown anything better in the time he played since his return (which made me surprised he got the start yesterday)

Still early days obviously, but he wouldn't be the first player to come back differently (see: worse) from an injury.

Zidane05, Eddie, dmar and 1 other person repped this.
  8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The thing with Khedira for me is that he's not really a DM and doesn't really have a natural spot in the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 setups we've been playing except perhaps as a swap for di Maria in a box-to-box role. He is far more suited to playing at the base of a 4-2-3-1, but even then I always felt that we never got enough midfield support from our outside attacking players for that role to make sense.

I still think the ideal midfield trio in a 4-3-3 involves a true DM who is at least competent on the ball (Xabi/Illarra), a creative all-around CM who is excellent on the ball (Modric), and an energetic box-to-box guy (di Maria has sort of played a shuttler's role this season, and Khedira could probably play this position adequately). I don't see DM as the problem in our equation, and there isn't really anyone I'd want to bring in (although I see why folks are clamoring for Martinez and I can also see why he might be open to leaving).

temesgen repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Thanks Horsey.

Feels so good. Still can't believe it.

babai_here, natenate101 and Crimson repped this.
  10. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pogba would be perfect to reinforce our plan A (counter) and Suárez would enable plan B (posession play), but IMO there will be serious playing time troubles for some guys if they come (Khedira will probably leave, but then he hasn't played much this season)

RMSocrates, CivilProtection and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We would need atleast 150 mln to get both Suarez and Pogba, but if we do get them it would be like FIFA !!! Apparently there were rumors that Suarez was CA's top priority and his love for Pogba is also well documented ( I am more hopeful of Pogba coming because of Zidane factor )

12. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If we are truly going to try and play 4/3/3 the midfield needs a true DM, I think Illara can play that role but CA would need to accept that its time to get off the Xabi train and let the kid play. We just won a CL trophy so perhaps this year is a year where the team doesn't have as much pressure and CA can actually give him the time he needs to fill the role. Rotate him and Xabi like we did this year with Lopez and Iker or go back to the drawing board.

The only places in the squad that need to be looked hard at are:

RB - I think a case can be made that Dani and Nacho can fill Arbs shoes
    FW - I'd like to see Morata loaned out and money spent on Cavani
    DM - Illara needs minutes or we need to buy JM or Pogba
    CB - Varane looked fantastic yesterday, I'd like to believe he is ready now but I am scared about the WC and even more so a long season playing so many matches. If Pepe/Ramos/Varane and to a lesser extent Nacho can rotate we're good but we may need to spend money here

13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India

My top priority- bring some reinforcement in the medical steam !!

I think CA has had a massive effect on both Pepe and Ramos as far as their game is concerned, I have never seen them so compact and disciplined in years. The backline looks really strong . Then again, 1 year is a long time in a player's career especially if he has hit the 30-s, plus Varane needs to be fit for the entire season, and this is going to be a long long season and we need to work hard to make this a historic one, as chances like this do not come frequently.

LB position is covered , so is GK , attack looks more than potent, but in case we do not go for a striker we need a decent backup to Benzema ( no clue who that can be? Cavani surely wont play second fiddle to Benzema).

My main worry is the DM , Xabi needs to play only the important matches and needs to be rotated properly.

We need to be stacked up and need to go for everything next season.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs. Nice to have some new thread titles. Maybe it's time to renovate the rest while we are at it?

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think we'll buy Suarez. We might be going for an unhappy player that doesn't feel comfortable and might force his club into getting rid of him.

16. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    lol, such a long sentence for saying Cavani ??

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cavani, or maybe Falcao depending on how he'll be in the World Cup (the player himself said he won't make it).

I just can't see us spending the amount of money Liverpool will ask for Suarez, especially when we don't have to. Never midn the fact that Suarez doesn't seem like the player Perez would spend loads of money on.

18. Dantes

Dantes Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team doesn't need much. Just a FW, CM, and possibly another defender. Keep the drama to a minimum this summer.

19. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I hope if we have to get a star striker, it better be Falcao, he knows the league like the back of his palm, and proved himself in so many leagues, not so sure about Cavani, misses a ton of chances.

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I reckon we're thinking too much about systems.

Flo will buy two players who've done well at the WC and sell an important player. He will tell Carlo once the deals are done. Carlo will raise his eyebrow, stub his cigarette out, do his Italian shrug of the shoulders and get to work thinking of a brand new system to get the best out of his new squad.

Only when Flo leaves the room will he do the "mamma mia" hand gesture when he puts his thumb, index finger and middle finger together on each hand and raise them up and down.

21. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    #21 Deep Pal, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Just hope that important player is not Di Maria, it will be really heart breaking to see him leave , after what he has done this season .

I am going to pimp hard for Falcao this summer .

22. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Mourinho wants Varane as a replacement for David Luiz? No way Jose.

23. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What do you guys think are Isco's and Casemiro's chances of leaving this summer?

24. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You got to give it to Flo tbh. He took a huge risk selling Mesut last season. It was against all conventional wisdom and even the Bernabeu chanted him to reconsider, and he basically told them to simmer down and STFU. Gamble paid off big time.

Some people rag on him hugely for interfering in footballing matters but this season he was spot on. I just hope he lets Carlo pick a player this year :D

@Laaura : I don't see Isco leaving. He's young, seems happy and will want to stay at the club next year. Remember that we'll be playing for some titles not available to other clubs next year (CWC, Supercups etc), and if I was a player I wouldn't want to miss out on the chance of more trophies. I think if he doesn't get playing time next year he'll reconsider, but I just don't see him pushing for a move. And I hope we aren't stupid enough to sell him now either, because he's not played as a regular starter so teams won't offer regular starter money for him.

25. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Huge rumours that we have in fact secured the services of rakitic......interesting...