Paris Saint Germain want Barthez

Discussion in 'France' started by SportBoy333, Sep 30, 2003.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  2. T3tsuo

T3tsuo New Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I read somewhere today that Barthez coming to Paris will probably depend on the length of the injury of Letizi. And if he comes, it will rather be on loan than on a transfer.

If ever he comes, it would be much better if he was on loan because I agree with you: there's wiser ways to spend money.

3. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    Qui?

Did not our le president say these rumors were false?

4. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
  5. magic38

magic38 New Member

lol
    are you talking about the team which isn't playing an european cup and is 8th in the league...
    give me a break...

6. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    It is le exactly the same as when Ronaldinho leave us and go to Barcelona instead of to United, even though le Barcelona do not play in le champions league this year, they are still le bigger team.

Just like with le PSG against marseille.

7. magic38

magic38 New Member

First I'm not pretty sure that Barca's a bigger team than Man utd, I think ronaldinho went to Barcelona because he prefered playing in La liga..

Secondly what are your criteria, to say PSG is a bigger team than l'OM (the history?well it can't be, the current players?apart from pauleta...)

8. classicalmusic

classicalmusic New Member

Sep 7, 2001

I agree -- and even when Barthez was younger, his adventurous style of goalkeeping never made me feel comfortable. I have always preferred conservative goalkeepers like Oliver Kahn (barring his recent form, though).

9. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Do I really read what I read? PSG a bigger club that OM...
    ALL criterias give adventage to OM, and le alphonse now that very well, he just try to fool people who don't know well the ligue 1...
    If Barthez could go to PSG, it's because OM don't really want him(because we have a very good keeper: Runje), but rumors say that Runje have problems with perrin so...
    If Barthez have the choice between the 2 clubs, everybody know his choice would be OM, don't forget that he became european champion with this team, and it's a fact that he still very attached to this team...

10. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Looks like he might be leaving Old Trafford. An espn article hints that he may be on the outs.

11. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france

I've seen the interview, and that's not exactly what he said, the question was: "You love Marseille you played there 3 years...So would it possible for you to play with PSG"
    and the aswer was: "of course, it's possible for me to play everywhere: Paris, Bastia, Starsbourg etc..., because what I want is just to have fun..."

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sky SPorts reported that OM may want him as a backup.

Seems like a bad move

13. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Cedric Carasso the keeper number 2 in OM, had a bad injury(out for the season) during the match OM/France 98 monday...
    So now, OM look for a second keeper(Runje will stay number 1), and the name of Fabien Barthez is evocated, I think it's up to him...
    If he come to Marseille, the situation will be not very cool, because Fans love Runje, and will not want to see him replaced(also by barthez I think), but in fact Barthez is better than Runje, and Perrin seem don't really love runje as a guy, so it would be a trouble situation...
    You can notice that Barthez can't go in another french club before this winter, because the period for transfer is close, OM is an exeption because they have a keeper injury...

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    so Barthez is going to go and be a backup keeper in France?! He's finished as an international if he does that. He's just as finished not even sitting on the bench in Manchester, though. Perhaps Manchester City will hire him next year.

15. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    Barcelona has le won more trophies in European competition than le United.

My le fantastique and highly praised opinion

16. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Home of le sexy football? everyone has caught the alphonse fever.

17. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Alphonse fever. Catch it.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I don't think he's what OM needs right now to help them get significantly better but what he does do is give them a super star glamour player that they sorely need.

19. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    The problem was OM need quickly a keeper because Carasso is injury, and it's difficult to find one, they try some in ligue 1, but it was difficults these teams don't want to loose a keeper...

I wonder how Perrin will manage the case between Runje and Barthez, not simple...

but FIFA will have the last word, bacause the rules seem not clear...

20. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    le loophole

It is possible that le FIFA will allow the transfer, I think there was a exception to le rule if a team had a player for the position that was injured for le long time, like Marseille has now.

Support le campaign 2003: le Hamatachi for moderator!
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...&threadid=77349

21. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Re: le loophole

the problem is the exception is in french laws no in FIFA laws, but maybe they will allow the transfer because everybody is OK.

22. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    okay, so Barthez may be off to Marseille - but even there he's not guaranteed to start. It seems Marseille fans are happy with their current keeper, and the coach wants Barthez as insurance. So what does this mean for Barthez with respect to the French national team? They can't really have a goalie who's not even starting in their domestic league.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    7 goals allowed in the past 2 games. Bye Bye Runje helllo Fabain.

24. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    wait wait and le wait

Not untill le next year, it is rumored that le FIFA will not allow Barthez to go untill le transfer market opens again in january