Paris Saint Germain [R]

Discussion in 'France' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Dehu staying with PSG

Paris St Germain defender Frederic Dehu insists he has no intention of leaving despite rumours linking him with English Premiership sides Manchester City and Tottenham...

4thegame.com

2. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    PSG Coach Unhappy About Team Performance And Ronaldinho's Departure

Fernandez never was famous for his good spirits but this time he has reasons to be unhappy. His Paris Saint-Germain team conceded a poor home draw against newly promoted Ajaccio last night in the dying moments of the game...

SoccerAge

FERNANDEZ BLASTS PSG

Paris St Germain coach Luis Fernandez blamed his side's lack of concentration for their 2-2 disappointing draw with newly-promoted side Ajaccio at the Parc des Princes on Saturday night...

Sporting Life

Nantes tumble, PSG flop to leave Guingamp on pole in France

After just three matches of the new season the French league is already proving as topsy-turvy an affair as last time out with the big sides struggling to find their form...

World Soccer News

3. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    I work with french people and they confirmed what I thought: PSG is the most hated club !!!!!!!

4. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerNet

5. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    I don't hate them at all they are good for the French League. When they were knocking off all those big European clubs in Europe several years ago that was great. Of course in the French League I don't want them to win it but I want them to qualify for Champs. League and Uefa Cup and represent France well by winning.

6. Deschamps10

Deschamps10 New Member

Sep 12, 2002
    NYC & Paris

They hate the money that PSG has always had....and also we are one of the newer clubs to come to France being formed in the latter part of the 1900's.

7. HalfManHalfAmazing

HalfManHalfAmazing New Member

Sep 13, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1970 to be exact.

To challenge in FFD this year I think we need to get a new goalie because Letizi and Alonzo are weak in my book.

There really aren't that many talented French keepers, they should look to Africa.

As an aside, are there any dwellers in France here that could get me an RC Paris jersey?

8. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    why would you want to wear the jersey of a 4th, 5th division team. RC Paris don't need any support they should be villified and hated for screwing up the club making them languish in the lower divisions thus wasting their huge potential. They are a laughing stock in my opinion.

9. HalfManHalfAmazing

Sep 13, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're a 4th Division National Side. and I would want to wear the jersey because I find French National division (4th) to be fascinating. And the jersey looks pimp, and why would you possibly care what kind of jersey I want to wear?

10. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    because by wearing their jeresy your giving them exposure and attention that they don't deserve.

11. HalfManHalfAmazing

Sep 13, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude.

You live in America. Get a clue. %99.999 of the population has no idea who Paris Saint Germain is, let alone RC Paris or any other soccer team whos jersey I would wear.

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    UEFA Cup
    16' Paris S.G. 1 - 0 Ujpest
    13' Ronaldinho

13. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to have Ronaldhino back :)

14. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Test, test
    Hello all, i am new here.

15. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    Hi Papa Bouba Diop I see that your from Nice. Their was an American here who said he went to Nice and said he couldn't find any OG Nice merchandise in the city. That lead to a little bit of a debate as to weather they support the team over there or if people of Nice even care about football. Coupled with the fact they have a small stadium so maybe you can tell us what the situation is over there because you live/lived there. Do they care about the club over there or what ? Why isn't it a bigger footballing city

16. Papa Bouba Diop

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Hey there sportboy, let me see what can i say about Nice...let's start off with the merchandise thing, first off you have to know where to look, take my cousin for example, he came from France to visit me in mtl and went out looking for a Habs hockey jersey, and came home disappointed after roaming downtown all day not finding one. so the next day i took him to the habs boutique and he bought a lot of stuff. My point: you have to know where to look. So anyways, i know of one OGC Nice store in downtown Nice, but i see many more general soccer boutiques.

As for fan support, Nice was the most popular team in france in the 50's, and from what im seeing this year their fans are super passionnate, they're filling up the stadium at 85% capacity compared to about 45% last year in division 2, so thats a big factor, now that the team is back in top flight people are showing up.

Also, from the moment they won promotion to L1 and up to a few weeks before the start of le championnat, Nice were relegated to Division 3 on financial grounds, but the fans held many rallies to show there support, long story short, they got access to top flight.

The stadium they have right now holds about 15k, but there are talks of a new stadium to be built in the near future at a 30,000 capacity.

Anyways, hope this helps.

17. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    Well even though I am a Nantes fan I am a bigfan of the French League and National team and I want to see the clubs in France do well in Europe. I am interested in teams like Nice and Lille because I think they have huge potential to become big clubs in France like PSG,Marseille,Bordeaux,Nantes, Lyon are right now. I think Nice and Lille can join them in the elite but their gonna need big new stadiums first thats most important. I'm sick of all the Leverkusens,Feyenoords,Alaveses type clubs doing well in Europe who aren't superpowers. I know ManU,Real ,Bara,Milan. etc. will be dominate but when a club like Feyenoord wins the Uefa cupand a French team can't even make the quater finals it's embarassing. I want as many clubs in France as possible to be able to compete at a high level in Europe. Nice and Lille stepping up wll only help make France stronger. Lyon is doing great now but we need more to cheer for.

18. Papa Bouba Diop

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Ya, i totally agree with you there, it's getting on my nerves, we owe all this to that belgium cu*t Bosnan. Look at monaco of a few years ago, had they kept the team intact they would be kings of europe.

The thing about the French league is that it's too balanced, you have no clubs dominating for long periods (exempt Lyon at the moment), any club can finish over any club, where else would you see cities of under 40,000 people competing so well, (i.e. Lens, auxerre, Bastia, guigamp) with cities with over 1 million inhabitants.
    Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing for domestic football, but once they get into europe there just mediocre, if all the great players went to the biggest clubs, like in Germany or Italy, the league wouldnt be as exiting but you would see French teams dominating europe.

Also the god dawm tax system in France is messed up, we need new rules, we could see more money in the players pockets which would help us keep some players. Are you telling me Italy and Spain are richer countries than France???i think not.

Look at the TV ratings, merchandise sales and stadium attendances for OM and PSG, how come were always indebted? If Real Madrid were playing in France they would be playing in the 4th division becuase of their deficit.

Look at the TV deals in France, PSG and Marseille are on Canal+ practicaly every week, but they get the same revenue than teams like Ajaccio and Guingamp who are on like 4 times a year. It's time to

If we wanna see French succes in Europe we need many changes and soon.

19. SportBoy321

SportBoy321 New Member

Jul 6, 2002
    New England
    I think Bordeaux and PSG have a good shot in the UEFA Cup.Bordeaux just beat some club 10-1 on agg. their clicking on all cylinders right now PSG struggled today only won 1-0 over some team I never heard of they need to pick it up in the next round. If Lens and Auxerre finish 3rd in their CL group they have a good shot at advancing far in UEFA cup expecially if Cisse is healthy for Axuerre. Auxerre's defense is outstanding they only allowed 1 goal to Arsenal the other day now they need to find some offense. Right now it's not looking good for Lens to get into the UEFA CUp I think their in 4th place in their CL group now so we'll see what happens.

20. Papa Bouba Diop

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Yeah, honestly i'm really pumped this year about french teams in Yurop, mostly PSG and Bordeaux in UEFA cup along with l'OL in champs league. i wouldnt worry about PSG's result, Luiz played 2nd team players and returnees of injuries, there was no real motivation.
    How about PSG-Bordeaux in Seville? that would be nice.