Paris Football Club

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by hypolithe_forever, Nov 22, 2006.

1. hypolithe_forever

hypolithe_forever New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    An article on PARIS FC seems to me necessary on the forum, given the success which knows at present the PFC in the third division. Indeed they are at present classified third, synonym for an entry in Ligue 2.

http://www.parisfootballclub.com/accueil

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You have brought a tear to my eye. :)

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    First a couple of things.

Their website isnt that great.

Their attendence hasnt been too high from what Ive seen. I think they have played their home games at different stadiums. When they move up to Ligue 2 or 1 I dont know how much higher the crowds will get.

To be in 3rd place now after coming right up from the CFA is a huge accomplishment.

They are doing much better than Racing who are in CFA 2.

Red Star are in CFA and might be able to move past them in a few years but we shall see. I think they have much more fan support than PFC.

I dont know who their owner is and of his ambitions. Maybe someone can shed some light on that.

4. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    Paris FC is the team of the side is from Paris (one of the poorest districts). Contrary to the PSG which represents the western wealth.

The PFC wishes to become the second big club of Paris.

At present they play in the Dejerine Stadium ( 2500 sitting places), which is too small for the League 1 or the League 2, but the mayor of Paris wishes that they use the Charlety Stadium (20000 sitting places) if they reach the ligue 2.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Was Charlety Stadium built for rugby ? Did any football club ever play all its home matches there ?

6. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    No football team was a resident to Charlety.

This stadium is more often used for the athletics, the rugby and the friendly matches of football.

But this stadium is simply magnificent.

[​IMG]

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    That stadium looks really nice. Its a shame no football team plays there. That stadium is good enough for a Ligue 1 team. PFC wont have to build a new stadium ever if they can settle there. By the way, here is a brief history of the club in English that I have posted before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_fc

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I love this stadium ; it deserves a resident team as Paris needs a second top flight team. So everything I've been reading here sounds good ! :)

9. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    What's the point of having a second top flight club when there's PSG?

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Oh youre joking arent you ? ha ha ha

11. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX
    Was I being sarcastic?

Maybe. :rolleyes:

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You'd think a city of six million could support two top flight clubs. Look at london, they have like 30 of them .

13. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    London has not 30 top flight clubs, but six in premiership.

All big cities in Europe have at least 2 club in the first division.

In Paris there's only one in Ligue 1 (PSG), one in Ligue 2 (Créteil) and two in third division (ESSG and Paris FC).

14. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    At the rate it's going, Paris will only have one top-flight club.

And that club won't be PSG.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Paris isnt a big sports city. Its been talked about many times here before. Still that being said, they canstill support at least 2 Ligue 1 teams because 2 isnt a lot.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Not entirely true. Berlin and Munich do not.

17. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no shit dude, i was just kidding, there arent even 30 clubs in the entire prem

18. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    It's true. But Munich 1860 was a long time in Bundesliga 1.

To return to our subject of departure there, I really think that the second club has its place(square) in Paris because the PSG has never collected the whole population as the OM or OL make him(it). The PSG has an image of rich and bad team. Many players come for the city and not for the club.

I also think (I saw it) that the poor population of Paris and its suburb feels orphan of leading club since Red Star and Racing flopped.

That is why PARIS FC can make a success.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They werent a "big" club anyways. When they were relegated they didnt bounce right back up the next year instead they've been where they are for a few years now and thats not a good sign they'll be back up sooner rather than later.

They will be a success unless they have a completely imcompetant owner who wrecks the team into bankruptcy. They will be successfull if they are run well. That stadium will help immensely. Of course theres always the possibilty that they could go back down to CFA instead of Ligue 2 but their solid play this year makes that much less likely. I have no idea what their average attendence could be if they make Ligue 2 but they should be able to average at least 5,000 per game. If not then they wont make it. The only problem is that PFC dont have as big a fan base as Racing or Red Star do and they would be more supported than PFC if they made Ligue 1 or 2 again because they have decent history and tradition.

20. F_Cole

F_Cole New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    A long time since this thread has been added too, I hope there isn't another Paris FC thread I should be using.

It seems they are now moving into Stade Charléty, at least for this season.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They were supposed to move to that stadium if they made Ligue 2. Playing there while still in the National doesnt make much sense to me. That 20,000 seat stadium will be empty considering the league average in the National was only around 2,000 + average per game and Paris FC were dead last in the 20 team league average only 540 spectators per match !!! This move to Charltey would be suicidal right now.

22. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    Paris FC had no choice, Déjerines is ruined and the federation will not accept more that they play there low.

The only stadium in Paris where they can play (in the long term) is Charlety.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    There must be more 5,000 -10,000 seat stadiums in the Paris area they could play in.

24. hypolithe_forever

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    ;)
    The objective of the PFC is the promotion in L1 in a few years, and aim at L2 for the next year.

In L2, is needed a minimum 8000 seats stadium.

PFC also wishes to be the East-Paris club in opposition to the PSG which is on the West.

Stade de France, 79 959 seats > Too big
    Parc des Princes, 48 712 seats > Too big, in the west side and used by PSG
    Stade Sebastien Charlety, 20000 seats > Free
    Stade Jean-Bouin, 12 000 seats > In the west side and used by Stade Français (Rugby)
    Stade Docteur Bauer, 12 000 seats > Too dilapidated and used by Red Star
    Stade Dominique Duvauchelle, 12 000 seats > used by US Créteil Lusitanos
    Stade de Marville, 10 000 > Too dilapidated and used by La Courneuve's Flashs (American Football Champions) ;)

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well they cant be last again in attendance next year with a new stadium. That is inexcusable. I wish them well and hope they rise quickly instead of going backwards. A few years ago Racing Paris had a good season in the National but instead of building on that and going forward they were relegated due to bad finances. I hope PFC doesnt go down that route.