Paris 2024: XXXIII Summer Olympiad Discussion

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Mar 20, 2024.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The groups were drawn for the Men’s football tournament today. We’ll be in Group B along with Morocco, AFC 3, and Ukraine.

D035FD5D-53E1-45B5-AFE1-C6D4E8CCC5F0.jpeg

AFC 3 will barely be determined in May, when the Asian U23 cup concludes, but the favorites would probably be Qatar, Australia, Japan, and Saudi Arabia (the likes of South Korea and Iran failed to qualify for the pre-olympic tournament).

We’ll begin our Olympic journey on Wednesday, July 24th vs Morocco (ten days after the Copa America final), before proceeding to face off AFC 3 and then Ukraine in the final match of the group stage.

Should we advance, we’ll be playing either the winner or runner-up of Group A (likely either France or United States) in Quarter Finals.

Argentina will be looking to win the Mens Football Olympic Gold for the third time, a distinction that would make them the most successful nation in the tournament alongside Hungary and Great Britain.

————

Other team sports Argentina will be participating in during this edition of the Olympics include men’s handball, hockey (men’s and women’s), and rugby sevens. We’ll also have canoeing, cycling, equestrian, modern pentathlon, rowing, swimming, tennis, and yachting representatives, among other possible disciplines.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will play Morocco, which is basically France Lite, in terms of personnel and in terms of support. Our fans will naturally travel for most of the events but it is going to be interesting to see how the Frenchies react to our Olympians.

Masche better get his head out of his ass. We need to win the group. It will give us a better path towards medal contention. The other side will likely have France and the Gallegos. Our side is basically the USA(who we could possibly play in the QFs) and then Asian side mixed with a few weaker sides.

3. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

6. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is getting traded this summer - that's how I read it. If Boca needs to renew, I don't know why it matters if he is at the Olympics (I could be wrong). But to me it seems like Boca already has suitors. Rumors were that Inter Milan was interested. If he does go to Inter Milan, he will get an offer to join the Italian national team :laugh: - that's how it goes now.

Mashcerano only has one more chance.