Paraguay v. Ecuador - 2014 World Cup Qualifying - November 11, 2011 - Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Manolo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Saritama was the worse. Gaibor needs to be on the NT ASAP. With him and Naboa/Castillo should be able to control the middle much better. Miller Bolanos is good but I haven't seen him play consistently on Liga so I'm not sure how good he can be on the NT. All in all it's Rueda's fault calling such a stupid line up.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yes and yes. In all away games Valencia NEEDS to be playing in the middle. It would be a different story if we had better center mids in the NT but we don't. Alex Bolanos, Minda, Saritama-they all are a weakness to this team.

Against Peru, we won't have Noboa. So the LOGICAL thing to do is place Valencia and Castillo together in the middle. Mendez can sub in either one of them or a winger in the second half. I think Suarez should start. Some of us are being too harsh on him but the kid has something that can help us out a ton-his goals. He didn't have a great game yesterday but @ home his speed, long shots, and the way he connects well w/ Benitez and J.Ayovi give him all the plus points to be a starter.

Banguera; Achilier (JC Paredes), Morante, Erazo, W.Ayovi; Rojas (Montero), Valencia, Castillo, Suarez; Benitez, J.Ayovi

that offers a ton offensively. with Mendez and Montero/Rojas as subs, we'll have great options if needed in the 2nd half.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda said he's wanted to call up Miller more than a handful of times but either injuries or disciplinary problems have stopped him from doing so. Like right now for example, Miller is just getting back into form from an injury. But when that kids at 100, he's amazing. Miller and Gaibor could replace Mendez and those awful D.Quito players in the mid during this Qualifier. Gaibor is closer to getting the call up though. The point is, we are in desperate need of a player w/ the creativity of a Mendez in the midfield. He changed the game in just a few minutes yesterday w/ that sick pass. Miller Bolanos does that type of stuff in Liga. He's one of those players that speeds up collective playing and knows where to place the ball. Unfortunately, we don't have many of these players in ecuador.

4. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In my opinion For Peru we should go with.....

------------------------Banguera---------------------
    Paredez (altitude)--Morantez------Erazo-------Walter---
    Valencia-----Mendez----------Castillo-------Montero(unlikey)
    -----------------Chucho------------------------------
    -------------------------------Yoya-------------------

This will give us 4 excellent long range shooters which should be exploited against Peru since that will draw their defenders out (I expect them to come with a line of 5 defenders) So Benitez and Yoya can do damage, just so you all know I think Yoya is cr@p but I am aware that we have nothing up front (wish Guerron was here).
    Now realistically Rueda will go with Saritama until he gets sold back to Mexico so probably no Mendez and Suarez will play instead of Montero which isnt too bad since Suarez does play in altitude and has a decent outside shot as well.

6. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just wanna know where the defender was at for Paraguay's second goal? You are always supposed to have a man on each post. Kinda weird that no one pointed that out that stupid mistake.

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who in the hell is YOYA??

8. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    they had one defender on the right post... the defender who was supposed to be on the left post was positioned far left went to the middle to try to block the ball that was centered. the defense looked bad on that one. Paraguay beat us in the air again. the defenders lost concentration. but hopefully they learned something from this and won't make that same mistake again.

9. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Yoya= Jaime Ayovi:D

10. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    ------------------------Dominguez---------------------
    J Campos------Calderon----Erazo---------W. Ayovi
    Montero-----Mendez----------Castillo-------Rojas
    -----------------Valencia------------------------------
    -------------------------------Suarez-------------------

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    what do you mean? it's been pointed out. And the person who made the mistake twice was Antonio Valencia along w/ Cristian Noboa. Watch the replays.

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think the first one was with Saritama but the important thing is we have to improve our play against corners and free kicks