Panic FC says New Orleans for expansion

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by panicfc, Sep 8, 2002.

1. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    Sure they don't bite, but those suckers are just waiting to fly in to your eye or mouth. I had one put me out for a whole 10 seconds when I ran HS track.

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's gross. I've never had one fly in my mouth, I thought only Metrostar fans did stuff like that :D

What part of NO do you live in?

3. ryquick

ryquick New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Louisiana
    The lovebugs are aggravating as ****. Good thing they aren't as bad this years in years past. And I heartily disagree that fall in NO is much nicer than summer, the only difference is that the summer its lik 100-105 out there and 90-95% humidity, and in the fall its 90-95 degrees out there with 90-95% humidity. B/c of the humidity you cant feel the difference. I think we should build a huge complex for the Saints and a MLS team with retractable roof and that awesome new turf stuff they got in Detroit(Ford Field), Houston(Reliant Stadium), and Seattle(?) Of course we wont do that though.

4. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    I am from covington, but currently I am in Baton Rouge going to school at LSU.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All we need to do is cover the stands at Tad Gormley and we have a near perfect stadium.

Its hot, it's always going to be hot - but until we have a Soccer Specific stadium for all our teams, we'll be playing in the Summer - sucks, but that's the deal.

Field Turf is nice, in fact I'm reading about the work they are doing at the Amsterdam ArenA now, but natural grass is better.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a rumor that LSU is getting men's soccer next year.

Any truth?

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like ya'll are going to get wet in a couple of daysa again.

Hurricanes. Gotta love them.

8. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    I haven't heard anything about a Men's team at lsu. There is barely any news in the LSU paper on the Women's team and from what I gather they are doing well.

9. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    The storm last week wasn't so bad. We got a little rain but it was actually clear most of the day, but this one coming tomorrow makes me nervous.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be safe at LSU - stay dry.

11. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    I think I will be, but watching the news makes me feel like its the end of the world.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can sympathize with you. I find it hard being in CT and knowing most of my friends are in LA and in danger.

New Orleans Storm was such a great name.

We could have Storm Tracking maps with our schedule.

13. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    I used to think that Storm sounded really generic. A team named the Storm could be from anywhere, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Its a hundred times better than Impact. Just hearing that name doesn't conjure up the image of any city, but I think storm does well for southern LA.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I came up with that name I had the ideas for Storm Tracking maps, the supporters being called the Weathermen, the program would have been called ....

something cool, but I can't remember -- Storm Watch!

15. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    LSU doesn't have a soccer team? That's odd. So do you guys think that NO really has a shot at an expansion team? I really shouldn't get too excited because if and when NO does get a team, I'll be in college way in the northeast. And the college has a good soccer team, too.

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, we have no chance, but I can dream.

Where are you going to school? I'm just outside of Hartford.

17. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    Hopefully to Princeton. My counselor tells me I have a pretty good chance of getting in. How close is that to an MLS venue?

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks...Metrostars would be your team.

Poor bastard...

19. hio1515

hio1515 New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New Orleans
    Rooting for the metros can't be worse than having to root for a team from Texas.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You got that right. I tried to like the Metros but I just couldn't do it.

21. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

i'm sorry, no one should have to go through that

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I moved up here I decided that I would support either the Mstars or Revs.

Well then the MStars laid off my buddy just before the season started. That was crappy.

Watching the games on TV I liked Brad Davis, Clint, and Timmy - but still couldn't like them.

The Revs didn't really jump out and grab me either. I predicted Fernando's exit, and I'm not a Sunil supporter, and who knows what the Kraft's are thinking.

Basically its hard to like either team like I do my Hammers

23. Barca_Fan2003

Barca_Fan2003 New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Slidell, LA
    I know Princeton is an hour outside of NYC, but how far away is it from Giant's Stadium? It seems like it wouldn't be that far from Foxborough, but I haven't lived in the northeast since I was 4. My knowledge of distances and travel times is terrible at best.

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing you are 50 minutes from the Meadowlands and that means 5 hours from Foxboro more or less.

If you can get into Princeton couldn't you get into Yale? Or Harvard? Or BU? Or BC?

25. ChuckA

ChuckA New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Due to Hurricane Lili, it looks like I will be heading down to Louisiana. Are there any places in New Orleans where you can watch soccer on TV? Fox Sports World or MLS games?