Panama vs T&T (r) Pre & Post Game comments

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Reycd, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Panama coming off a win seeking revenge over the 2 - 0 loss last time these teams played and T&T coming off a tie with Honduras.

Panama with 4 players with yellow cards ([​IMG]) <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="6" width="524"> <tbody><tr><td align="right" valign="top" width="229">
    </td><td width="5">
    </td></tr></tbody> </table> Carlos Rivera
    Julio Medina
    Alberto Blanco
    Felipe Baloy

and Trinidad with 2 [​IMG]

Brent Rahim
    Avery John

please post your comments here

Panama has the possibility of qualifying to the next fase with a win against T&T

2. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    Re: Pan vs T&T, Pre, During, and Post Game [R]

The revenge will have to come in Panama in October when both teams will really need three points for WCQ.

With 3 points in the bag, Panama is far more likely I would think to play defensively and try to get a draw, which will probably get them to the quarterfinals. T&T need the win much more, but a draw won't kill them either, so if we get into the late stages of the game all level this could turn into a midfield snooze fest.

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Re: Pan vs T&T, Pre, During, and Post Game [R]

Lets go PAN!

4. RealMadrid14

RealMadrid14 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Austin,Texas
    I loved it win panama beat columbia.Mt galavision channel is not working and im trying to fix it.Does anybody know of any where i see the game on the internet or something.Rpc radio is like not working.Please someone i have to see my team play.Go marea roja

5. RealMadrid14

RealMadrid14 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Austin,Texas
    Can Anybody Do Play By Play For PANAMA and TRINIDAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Please!!!!!

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Re: Can Anybody Do Play By Play For PANAMA and TRINIDAD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

T&T 1
    PAN 1 HT

17' [0 - 1] Andrews
    23' [1 - 1] L. Tejada

7. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Damn.. 2 goals in last few minutes..

FT Panama 2 - 2 Trinidad

8. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    2-2 final
    17' [0 - 1] Andrews
    23' [1 - 1] L. Tejada
    89' [2 - 1] L. Tejada
    90' [2 - 2] Andrews

9. Coster

Coster Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Hermosa Beach
    Both nice goals too. Cornell Glen skied for that last one. Perfectly played header too.

10. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    That last header by Cornell Glen was an absolute thing of beauty and one of the most intelligent plays I've seen on a soccer field in some time. No need to break the back of the net, just let the momentum of the ball do the work, I think he barely moved his head, just let it bounce off and float into the net nice and easy. And did he sky for that ball or what? Put that guy in the NBA...

I'm telling ya T&T is a different team with Leo at the helm - so much more organized and technically sound. No subs yesterday - he knows he doesn't have great depth so he doesn't waste substitutions unless someone is winded or there is a true tactical reason for it. I'm hoping we Yanks don't overlook 08/17/2005 or we'll end up with only 1 point or none at all.

I didn't have time to watch the whole game, I taped it, so I don't know if it turned into the midfield snooze I predicted, but it would certainly seem like it didn't.

11. F.F.

F.F. Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Actually it kinda did, during the game i kept thinking, "man that guy on bigsoccer hit the nail on the head"

Panama had a good bit of possession but lacked the penetration and Trinidad only look interested in patches... and there were actually three subs by TnT ... when glen and eve came on is when trinidad started to take it to panama looking for the go ahead goal and the game opened up... Panama went in front with a lightning counter attack... right before that TnT had hit the post with the goalie totally unawares and beaten... Then came the last minute heroics by glen... his waist was at the defenders shoulders when he connected... thats to tell you how high he jumped...

12. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    F.F. - thanks for the game update I wonder why the match reports showed no substitutions for T&T. OK, so take back my comment about Leo and substitution, now that I think about isn't Stern John like 70 years old or something?

Soccernet has the match stats all wrong:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=186481&cc=5901

They have Colin Samuel scoring the last goal. That ain't Cornell Glen's real name is it? Cornell must have been one of the subs - he isn't listed in the stats.

What the f*(&!!!!! Is it so hard to get this right? Don't these people get paid to keep stats? I used to keep score when I was a 10-year old kid for youth baseball teams that my dad coached (when I wasn't playing on them) and that is ten times more involved than keeping stats on soccer.

The gamecast is screwed up too. Sure slick looking but of course useless if inaccurate.

OK it ain't pretty but this one has got it right:
    http://www.us.terra.com/goldcup2005/us/interna/0,,OI586822-EI4900,00.html

I'll have to watch at least the last 10 minutes from the tape tonight...