Panama News, NT, Clubs, etc...[R]

Discussion in 'Central America' started by Reycd, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
  2. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
  3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    so what´s next for PAN, any friendly before the WCQ games?

4. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    No friendlies scheduled, I read somewhere that are under-20 squad might go to Honduras and play a friendly or two before the Worldcup, but I dont remember where I read that, and cant confirm it to be true or not.

05/05/2005 - Nothing particularly interesting today.

interesting article in La Prensa by David Samudio (our local soccer commentator, cof, cof) summarizing our under-20 squad and how we played through the mini tournament the last week here in Panama.

http://www.prensa.com/hoy/deportes/210044.html

5. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Friendly scheduled with Honduras on the 25th of April for the Under-20 squad in preparation for the WC.

got that information from "El Dia a Dia"

6. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Is it any U-20 player in the WCQNat'l team?

7. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

Armando Gun which is team captain on the U-20 team is a starter on the National team, defender, he also participated in the WC in U.A.E
    Luis Gallardo, midfielder is a sub on the national team

maybe 1 or 2 more players are on the national team, ill research it to find out, having trouble to finding official lineups for the U-20 team, as they havent played competetivly since they last played in Carson, for the Wc spot, at the end of the month I should be able to provide some better information

8. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/06/2005

Today marks the death of Rommel Fernandez, a Panamañian that was killed in a car accident in Spain, Biggest football player at the time, our National Stadium was named after him, after he had passed away. Some quick tidbits, He played in Spain starting with Tenerife where he helped them ascend from Segunda Divsion a Primera with an impressive 18 goals scored, in 1990-1991 he was bought by Valencia where he did no fit in well, than bought up by Albacete where he was doing a good job scoring 7 goals in 18 matches until he was killed in a car accident.

Some links for extra information for those interested

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/wagner/321/zalaromm/rommel.htm

http://www.geocities.com/colosseum/stadium/1367/rommel.html

http://www.prensa.com/hoy/deportes/211213.html

9. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    Nice work rey. POWER REP for you Bro. Keep it up, and don't forget about it. It could become a very good info thread. reycd and his kingdom...has a good ring to it......

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

oh...thats good inf, i didn't know that
    I wonder if someday they are gonna build a stadium honoring the DelyValdez brothers...

11. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/09/2005

Panama to play Venezuela in a friendly on the 25th of
    May, both teams preparting for their upcoming WC qualifying games the following month. The game is to be held in Estadio Olímpico Universitario in Caracas.

http://www.marearoja.com/noticiasdetail.asp?id=400

12. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/10/2005

U-20 news

They are going to play a friendly with the Honduran squad in Honduras, the date listed on a previous post. THey are also to head to Europe soon to prepare for the WC, They "might" go to Italy and play their U-20 squad which might be a scary result but its good preparation either way.

The Coach, Rene Mendieta still has not listed the 21 players going to Holland as he still has about 10 more days to make the list. Ill post it once its announced.

13. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

There is a stadium named after their older brother Armandy Dely Valdez who died like a year and a half ago. He did quite a bit for football here in the country, coaching one of our clubs and being an assistant coach for our 2002 squad.

14. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/11/2005

U-20 news

Rene Mendieta (Coach) has submitted a list of 30 players to FIFA, later on the month the list will be reduced to 21 players to travel to Europe.
    http://www.prensa.com for a list of the players

on a side not.. Fepafut and the players agreed that they will recieve $1500 for playing and $500 per win, (figures in US Dollars since that is what we carry in Panama, for anyone that did not know)

Another interesting tid-bit Independiente de Medellin (Colombia) defeated Atletico Paranense (Brasil) in Libertadores 4-0, both teams pass to the next round, Carlos Rivera (Pan NT Midfielder) playes for DIM and Felipe Baloy (Pan NT defender) plays for Paranense, Game was 1-0 when in the 70th minute Paranense subd Baloy for an Attacking player and than 3 more goals by DIM followed. (I just found that interesting, and ironic, sacan al Panameño y les caen 3 goles mas)

Carlos Rivera did not play in the game though.
    But its still nice to have 2 PAN players in The Libertadores

15. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/12/2005

NT News

Its confirmed for the 25th of May, Panama to travel to Caracas, Venezuela to play a friendly with Venezuela. Newspaper also said that Panama will recieve approximatly $56,000 for the match including the air fair.

16. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver
  17. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

First I heard about that, thanx for the info, I usually read about 3 newspapers every day so when I see read something in any national newspapers Ill let you know. Or if you find something let me know. Ive never actually watched Guatemalen futbol, can someone let me know how competetive they are and such.

18. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/13/2005

3 Pan players scored yesterday in Colombia

Carlos Rivera (Medellin, currently 10th place) lost 1-3 against Atletico National
    Blas Perez (Deportivo Cali, third goal of the season, currently 7th place) win 4-2 Millonarios
    Orlando Rodriguez (Pereira, currently in last place) tied 1-1 Magdalena

also Luis Tejada currently has 7 goals with Envigado, currently 2nd Place

Those are league standings not for goal scorers, incase there is some confusion

new link to follow the Colombian league
    http://www.colombia.com/futbol/torneo_apertura/2005/

19. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003
  20. TOLOMUCO

TOLOMUCO New Member

May 14, 2005
    I saw somewhere that Panama is to play a friendly match with Venezuela sometime during the month of may at Venezuela.

21. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    25th of May, in Caracas

22. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
  23. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti

caught it the second time I read it, La Presidenta Vivian Fernandez de Torrijos

24. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    05/17/2005

U-20 News, They are not going to pay Honduras or a European side before the YWC, those games fell apart, There attempting to set up a game here in Panama now before they leave to Europe.

Alberto Blanco has left his team Alania of Russia do to the economic troubles this club is having, according to www.critica.com.pa he has offers to play in Iran but will not make a decision till he is on Panama soil. Wanting to talk with his family and such. He is to arrive today or tomorrow and is going to join the NT with its training.

The board of Anaprof are to sanction Carlos Samuel (Tauro - Defensa) for assualting César Aguilar (Plaza Amador - Striker) 5 minutes after the game with the butt of a revolver, Tauro - Plaza Amador

25. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003