Panama match site rumor

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by RobtheAggie, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They should play at the home depot center, I would love to see the USNT play, plus in October, the weather in SoCal is still beautifull. and since the game isnt against Mexico, Im sure a good number of mexicans would support the US

2. Bill63

Bill63 Member

Jul 16, 2000
    You know, the Charleston idea is intriguing. I'm in Augusta, GA and the distance to Charlotte or Charleston is about the same. A southeast venue can draw from Atlanta, Birmingham, Columbia, Charleston, and Jacksonville, as well as Charlotte, so 15,000 + is possible at Charlotte -meaningless or otherwise. (Hell, even Augusta has ~600,000 people in it's metro area!) But when was the last time that anyone had to really be sharp and quick to grab a WCQ ticket or any other MNT ticket so as not to be shut out? It really would create a vibe, even if the game didn't have qualification implications. Blackbaud would do that. I remember when it had somewhere around 5500+ w/ standing room soldout (the number may have been higher) for a meaningless game between USWNT and Mexico's women. It stormed, but up until then, the atmosphere was awesome. (It looked and sounded good on TV too!) The sightlines there are great and you can really be close to the action. Plus, they really make it easy to get a beer there and those "tall boys" cheap too! A packed, small stadium would also look better on TV than any other alternative. I realize this is very unlikely, but it might actually make us pause and wonder if perhaps someone at Soccer House really can think.

3. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    I have a feeling Frisco will get the game, assuming it opens without any hitches.

4. todd_knode

todd_knode New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    San Diego via DC

this would be cool!

5. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where is the largest population of Panamanians in the USA? We should play near there, if you want to put butts in the seats. especially if 2 things occur

1. USA has qualified (likely)
    2. Panama still has a shot at 4th or 3rd (not as likely, but still possible)

the Panamanians would love us for giving them a home crowd....but they'll still lose like 5-1