Palermo - Schlacke 04 [R]

Discussion in 'Palermo' started by jonam, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Opening this match thread because I have a question. Can someone tell me whether this match will be broadcasted on Italian TV and if so...on what channel?

Thank you very much!

2. edgarr

edgarr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 31, 2005
    when are they playing

3. ForzaPalermo2006

ForzaPalermo2006 Red Card

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Thursday (3/9)

4. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I checked http://www.soccertv.com/italy.cfm and they only showed Roma's and Udinese's UEFA matches. You might want to check it again later and see if they made any updates.

5. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    The Renzo Barbera plays host to a meeting between European newcomers US Città di Palermo and FC Schalke 04, the only past winners remaining in the UEFA Cup. The Sicilian outfit have impressed in their debut season, but could be severely tested by a Schalke side that have gained a wealth of European experience and have fond memories of Italian opposition, having beaten FC Internazional Milano to claim the 1996/97 UEFA Cup.---UEFA.com

Palermo belongs at this stage in European football. They should stack up well against Schalke no matter what the skeptics tell us. No doubt its going to be an entertaining UEFA Cup round for all Rosanero fans.

6. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Telemundo in the USA has been showing a couple UEFA Cup matches on delay on the weekends lately, it could be there..but right now they are saying two matches this weekend are TBA.

In Italy I think it will be on RAI Due but I'm not sure. If it's on LA7 or RAI Sport Satellite, we'd get an easy stream. On RAI Due, it could pop up on Streamerone. I REALLY want to see the two Schalke matches.

And of course they stack up to Schalke.

7. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    schalke SHOULD win

8. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Wow, you sound like a very unbias commentator.....:rolleyes: :p

9. AmericanRosanero

AmericanRosanero New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Don't we all?

FORZA PALERMO!

10. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    HAHAHA....thats true. As a Schalke fan, European16 was trying to crash our party. He better watch his words because the Rosanero are looking to do some serious damage on the field this week. ;)

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    VA CACARE SCHLACKE! :eek:

and

CIAO TO MY NEW PALERMO FRIENDS! ;)

p.s.: I knew learning Latin in school wasn't wasted time! ;-)

12. siciliano_zaccardo2

siciliano_zaccardo2 New Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Canada
    If Palermo played a close game against Juve..in which they should have won if they capitalized...they beat Inter once and they played 2 close games against Milan and beat them 3-0 in Coppa Nazionale..then i think Palermo can take on Schalke and advance
    if they play as a team and capitalize on their chances and play solid defense theyll win!!

FORZA LA ROSANERO!!!!!!!!

13. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA

Gioca and AmericanRosanero, if you guys could keep an eye on the possible webstreams of these matches and report back to us with your findings we would all be greatful. If I can't find the game on TV then a videostream would be the next best thing.

14. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA

Welcome to the club siciliano_zaccardo2 !!! I'm glad I could bring another Rosanero fan to the site who will support the team. He's a fellow Italian also, so let's give the man a little respect and welcome him to the site. Thanks for joining siciliano_zaccardo2.

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

What exactly is streamerone? Something like pplive? Thx

16. Coompa

Coompa New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Toronto
    Palermo I'm afraid is going to have a tough time on Thurs. Hopefully they can shake their recent form, and come away with a victory. They have really disappointed as of late, I can't believe with so many NT defenders they have been so soft. The 2-0 loss to Lecce was absolutely brutal.

But FORZA PALERMO anyways!

17. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    We have the talent and determination to beat Schalke, Coompa. All we need to do is stay consistent. Beating AC Milan and starting well in the Serie A under Pap was great, but a month later you can't drop a match to Lecce. I think with a little help from Di Michele and Caracciolo we might find ourselves in good spirits after leg 1.

18. Coompa

Coompa New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Toronto
    I just watched the highlights from the Palermo-Lecce game, it was far closer than the score indicates, some poor refereeing cost Palermo two goals that were judged offside replays clearly indicated that both were goals. Thems the breaks.

I hope the Palermo that beat both AC Milan and Inter shows up on Thurs.

19. ForzaPalermo2006

Dec 10, 2005
    San Jose, CA, USA
    You and I both.

20. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sortof, but it only has a few channels and isn't nearly as reliable as pplive. A nice program though. I haven't used it in a while, but the RAI channels have sometimes popped up on it.

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really want Di Michele to lift his game. URGENTLY! When he is on form, he is one of my favourite players but this season, he hasn't been too impressive.

22. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match will be on RAI Due.

I agree about Di Michele, I hope it happens tomorrow.

Also, I read that Schalke will be missing midfielder Cassio Lincoln, who is a big part of that squad.

23. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

Schlacke is (at least) without Lincoln, Kuranyi, Hamit Altintop.

Btw, it is possible to get RAI Due in Germany. But normally football matches are coded, thus not free-to-air. Does anyone know whether this match will appear on streamerone or does even anyone you guys offer it on streamerone?

24. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have seen RAI Due on streamerone, but it's only if they want to show a particular match. I can't check tho bc I'm at work.

25. Coompa

Coompa New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Toronto
    Palermo 1- Schalke 0

Brienza goal.