Pakistani Football

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Maradona1987, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Thank for the history update, great piece, btw Bro are you Pakistani? How come you support an Arab team if you don't mind me asking

2. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes, I am Pakistani, I was 20 days old when I came to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and got raised here. Left Saudi on 4 Dec. 1996, stayed in Pak till 31 May 2007, and came to UAE on 1st June 2007. Have visited Riyadh, Saudi Arabia after 1996 in 2010 and consider Saudi Arabia as my home country (since I was raised there)... Passionate supporter of Al HILAL and Saudi Football, and love to see Pakistani Football among the top footballing nations on the globe.

MetroChile and Dmed10 repped this.
  3. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    fair enough bro.

4. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Olyudeyi Abayomi wants to play for Pakistan, he's a great skillful player, and would be nice to have some foreign influences in the team to, that's if he gets his nationality.

5. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    By the way if you don't mind me asking, but have you experience racism in Saudi Arabia/UAE for being Pakistani? There's a lot of story of Arab racism/slave usage of South Asian workers, but then again isn't Saudi Arabia pretty diverse, especially looking at their national team.

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    No not in the UAE but somewhat in Saudi but once you make them friends then all is well. UAE are well educated and friendly people. Saudis are also good if you make them your good friends. The problem with South Asian workers are that they are mostly illiterate / uneducated and they hardly understand and abide by local laws and procedures. They are also not clean when it comes to daily routine of life. Saudis & UAE people (no matter poor or wealthy) always keep cleanliness to say the least.

7. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Thanks for the info, can you speak Urdu and Arabic to, would you say the languages are similar?

8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    not similar but writing styles / letters are almost the same. I know 20% Arabic I guess

9. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Okay thanks man

10. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    2 different languages.. who are we kidding!?!?

Arabic and Urdu are both different, very different.. only similarity is the use of arabic letters in both.

11. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    ... Fair enough, what about Pashtun and Urdu, and farsi and urdu, I hope to pick one of those up as a third language

12. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Same thing, Pashto, Dari/Farsi and Urdu and different languages - just like all languages in those regions, there are some words which are the same (Arabic, Pashto, Farsi) but overall have different grammer, slang and words.

Dmed10 repped this.
  13. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    I guess I tried listening to pashtun songs but didnt understand 95 percent of the times, though I do hope I can slight pick up pashtun along with urdu If I ever go back to Pakistan., itd be useful

14. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    As it stands at the moment

[​IMG]

Seems like KESC may have the title in there hands again.

By the way http://www.pff.com.pk/, new layout and the information is great to.

15. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Seems like 3 of our players in Dordoi may not be avaliable for Afghanistan match, losing Kaleem ullah will be far our biggest loss for this game then.

16. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
  17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    They've won it.....the season is over. That is the final league table!!

18. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan

19. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
  20. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Breaking into the first team for England is always tough.
    We saw it with Zesh, he played for England at all underage levels.. but unfortunately didn't make it!

wish him the very best!

Dmed10 repped this.
  21. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Nice words from Sharityar and Saleh btw.

I think Afghanistan will have the upper hand in this game, they are ranked higher then us, however I think we've become a bit more stronger in recent matches, I think Afghnanistans team is much physically better. It was nice to know Bashir and Rehman was back, until Rehman got injured, another loss to our team. Overall I think Afghanistan will win the game, but we must wait and see, Pakistan still have a fighting chance.

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I think it will be a close game,
    Afghanistan squad is a brang new team, it only has a few players that was part of the Challenge Cup squad. It is quite an inexperienced, young squad which has not played together for long.

23. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    This is good to hear, Pakistan will have a chance, but we're missing key players, I still believe the key players will be a major factor to the game, we're missing a few.

24. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Im in school and Im going to miss the match

25. Dmed10

Dmed10 Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Pakistan
    Pakistan won 2-1, it is good that we won, and from what I heard we dominated the match, however there were a few issues, I was in school so hears what I hear so far

-Both Pakistan and Afghanistan played poor, but the positive is Pakistan dominated
    -Second goal, was it debatable
    -Khyber TV broadcasting was horrible
    -Pitch was awful

But positive is that we still won, and dominated against Afghanistan, it's fair to say both teams were missing vital players however, though a win is a win, good luck to Afghanistan in the future, wish you guys well, but now it's onwards for Pakistan, we got WCQ coming up and Olympics Games coming up, we should use this match and see were we can improve.

Until I see highlights I cannot comment on the game