painting

Discussion in 'Art & Architecture' started by hi!!, Jan 26, 2009.

1. hi!!

hi!! Member

Apr 18, 2007
    do you paint? i bought an oil set because there was this nurse person person who said i should get involved with it. so i did buy a set. i have a grandfather who was a painter. i can't remember. i don't know what to do with it. how did you get started? do you have any tips for a newbie? is it true that one shouldn't use black or green colour and instead mix blue and yellow? is this a rule? what do you paint? when did you start painting? what do you primarly paint? what's your favourite objects? how do you motivate yourself to paint? for how long have you painted?

2. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    [​IMG]

one of my first experiences with painting :)

[​IMG]

3. memo138

memo138 New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Oils are probably not a good starter set for you, they are incredibly hard to use. I would start off with acrylic paints. Easier to use in my opinion. There shouldnt be too many guidelines or rules around painting. You paint whatever you feel like painting. ;)

Enjoy.

4. thetruth1

thetruth1 Red Card

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow, what a gay thread.

5. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    Wow, what a gay post! :p

6. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Get some canvas put down some thick paint and DON't move it around too much or it will turn to mud.... there are no rules.....Even Velazquez used pure BLACK........

7. Tigerjag

Tigerjag New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm related to artists. That's my experience.

ETA: Don't mix oil and acrylics. Eventually, they will crack and flake off the canvas. Unless you want that.

8. dada3345

dada3345 Member

May 2, 2008
    in series of tubes!
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if you paint oil over acrylics the oil won't flake. But never paint acrylics over oil.

I use acrylics all the time in any under-painting I do. It cuts time working on said painting.

If your just starting out. I would recommend working with acrylics first, It's easier to work with, cheaper, and clean up isn't as time consuming.

9. frankken2

frankken2 New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Aalesunds FK
    I really like painting, i don't know how to paint,but i want to learn.:D

10. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    both of my parents painted, my dad more than my mom, which was unusual because he was partially paralyzed from a car wreck.

he did a couple of cool abstracts, which got lost, sad to say.

but i have zero talent for painting, rendering, drawing.

ironic.

11. Oister

Oister Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Mile High
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I can read! I just started painting late last year, I have been drawing using pastels and charcol my whole life. I have been painting on drop cloth canvas using interior latex paint. My current project is a 30'x60' Colorado flag.

12. markjasonusa

markjasonusa New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    --other--
    I am affiliated with printing and publishing business. We have a lot of designs of every type to meet client requirements. We have automatic equipment like we draw our design in computer, and the digital printer gives us the natural result as we want. It seems like an art work. Although I am a marketing person but sometimes I try to draw something strange.....:)