PAETAC Park

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by Goldenstick, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Stilger

Stilger Member

Nov 7, 2002
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know, in general, what kind of margin there is on concessions? How about after all variable and fixed costs have been allocated?

I always assumed the gross margin would be in the area of 70% or so, considering how high the prices are, but honestly have no idea.

2. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    The grass has been cut on the 15 acre site. It looks like there may be some movement on the construction front.

3. nh_ny

nh_ny Member

Jul 12, 2004
    upstate NY
    This is encouraging....

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know for sure but I bet it is a large one. How much can those nasty hot dogs cost, and they sell for $4! In Denver they cut the labor costs even more by haveing the people working the counter volunteer. Instead of paying salarys to the workers, the concession people pay a smaller amount to a charity.

5. Cesc

Cesc New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Hong Kong
  6. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Jim Bob Rhino

Jim Bob Rhino Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is just a rough elevation sketch that the team had to give to the City planners for review.

I'd wait until the new artist renderings are released. They are expected out very soon. Perhaps as early as later this week.

8. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rhinos have re-signed a lease for Frontier Field for next year because they have to sign it by October of this year. According to Mr DuRoss they have an out clause if PTP is ready for use.

Kinda shows the state of mind of management. Hopeful that PTP can be open for next season, but not sure when it will be completed.

9. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use the mentality Metro fans use: "You've waited this long, whats another year..."

10. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    A bulldozer is currently up and running on the site. There are two trailers and several vehicles on the site. It looks like they are starting construction.

11. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I drove by the site before the USWNT game v Iceland. They have an asphalt milling machines on site and some concrete equipment, too. It looks like the heavy lifting is about to start.

12. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Yesterday the asphalt milling machine was at work on Oak Street, there were workers measuring and marking and brush was being removed. It looks like they are finally underway.

13. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Quick update...

I drove over a few minutes ago and there seems to be some progress. Oak Street has been milled and has a large pile of fill dirt on it. I also saw large scale sewage pipes that were stacked up on site. Finally, there was a Monroe County Water Authority truck on hand with a work crew.

Finally, I passed two trucks that were parked on Plymouth with large concrete footers. Could these be for the SSS?

Anyhow, work looks to be underway.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think the footage quite clearly shows that those are mobile biological weapons vans that prove the existence of WMDs.

Whoops, wrong forum. ;)

15. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Great post, Carlos.

Seriously, I was at the Abby Wambach clinic yesterday and I ran into a guy that lives next door to the head engineer on the stadium project. He told me that all of this is inplace to create a drain and holding pool for any toxic waste they encounter. So it really does sort of have a WMD feel about it, don't ya think?

16. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Are you saying Abby Wambach is a WMD on the field? ;)

17. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, sort of...Abby is da bomb.

18. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
  19. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like they have some work to do.

20. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah, but they have now have the heavy equipment to do it. I was also heartened by the number of workers present, too.

21. LowEnd

LowEnd New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Nice. It's good to see work underway.
    Any word on what they're trying to get done before winter, or is most of the work for now just clearing out the area? It'd be cool to see a weekly photo update as the stadium is assembled.

Thanks for the photos.

22. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    No word recently, but they were planning getting the concrete poured before winter rolls in as late as August.

23. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Bob Matthew's Column in today's D&C:

Two-thirds of the lower seating bowl for PAETEC Park has been completed. It has been cut to specifications and painted and is ready for shipment from Kentucky after the foundation is completed. Heavy machinery has been working on site for two weeks.

24. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank DuRoss' post on the RhinosBoards:

Anyone know of a major Steel/Aluminum Fabrication plant in Louisville? Better yet anyone work there? We'd love to get some pictures.