Pachuca needs a solid, recognizable image.

Discussion in 'Pachuca' started by Socrates_81, May 21, 2009.

1. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    One of the reasons Pachuca might not be a big popular club is because their image/uniform keeps changing. I know some people might write off what i'm about to say, but I think a recognizable uniform would do wonders for Pachuca. They have most everything a club would need; recent championships, great logo, history, cool stadium, facilities and consistent stars that have many miles playing for Pachuca who have given it the other type of face for the team.

In a way it does seem a little silly to suggest that one of the reasons why a successful team like Pachuca struggles to gain popularity among Mexicans on both sides of the border is because of the lack of image within the style of uniforms, but I honestly believe that's the last piece of the puzzle for this team. Something the fans can recognize, begin to identify.

The following teams have immense popularity and coincidently have recognizable unis/logos/colors or a combination of these that makes their team instantly recognizable when they enter the pitch.

Pumas-everyone knows someone who is a Pumas fan just because of that classic Logo.

Chivas-Red and white stripes recognizable as Chivas on this side of the hemisphere.

America- The yellow is America, and only theirs.

Cruz Azul with that Cemento Cruz Azul logo and their colors. The unis they wore during the CL final were beautiful (too bad they didn't play beautifully-is that even a word?).

Barcelona-the classic colors are known by millions.

Real Madrid-classic logo with the all white unis.

Pachuca usually has weird off the wall or just plain boring Unis most of the time, remember those halloween unis a while back?

If Pachuca vs San Luis took the field would you know who is who right off the bat?

Anyone else feel this way, or should I just stop rambling? :p

2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

:D

One more thing just to clarify, Pachuca has a great logo/crest, however thier uniforms are uninspiring and unrecognizable. Sometimes a logo just doesn't cut it and you have to find other ways (besides winning) to set yourselves apart from the rest of the pack that will have your stadiums full, jerseys sold and forums packed.

4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double Mosco

I actually liked the kit pachuca used in the cwc a couple of years ago

Edit: This one

[​IMG]

5. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gamma i love their uniforms, i have last years one, then i saw this years ones and i didnt like it at first, but it grew on me, but compared to other mexican teams, the uniform is awesom, most uniforms in mexican soccer are a joke and u wonder why someone would make such a thing

6. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el franco most of them, i like santos uniforms

8. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think every uniform has it's charm

What kill's it is the sponsors

Bimbo, Gamesa...

9. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea to many sponsors does make it look funny. they need to design it with only the fans in mind, whos going to buy this? that should be their question

10. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

I get ya, sponsors do play a role, but teams like Morelia, Puebla, jaguares etc aren't helping matters with cheap looking jerseys to begin with. Of course Pachucas unis compared to the rest of the Mexican leagues looks decent, but in my opinion still leaves plenty to be desired in terms of design and style.

Coincidentally, the popular teams have the better looking unis like i've mentioned before.

11. austinwetherby

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    puebla is def the worst my god lol

12. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Anyone know how long the Gamesa sponsorship is for?

As bad as the big Gamesa logo is, it's still not as bad as the Bimbo logo.

Let's get a contract going with "Boing" lol.

13. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    No idea how long Gamesa's sponsorship will last but I do have to mosco the anti excessive sponsor logo sentiment, it makes the team's jersey unwearable for me.

14. Jairzinho1970

Jairzinho1970 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I really like their Orange and Black kits. The Blue/White looks boring.

Any other Mexican team wear Orange/Black?

15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Bro, you brought up a topic that was done like two years ago.