Pac12 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Aug 1, 2019.

1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously dude? Finally the gloves come off, first of all, your school isn't perfect. It's probably the USWNT of the whole tournament, yes, nobody denies that, but to say that no California teams besides your own are going to make it to the College Cup is some fighting words. I hope both of those two LA teams win, and hope you guys lose to someone that you are probably underestimating. I know who I'm rooting for now.

2. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seems like reading comprehension is not your strongest attribute

3. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it seems like you've been riding the championship wave and the egotistical wave way too long to answer respectfully so I wont answer to you respectfully. You want to assume your team wins the natty each and every season, fine. You have a right to do that. But to say that the LA teams are going to be underwraps and not going to hack it because they are under Stanford is just plain messed up. UCLA is fully capable of possibly defeating FSU and I'm not even against their hardcore fans on here because they are extremely respectful of both teams, as a matter of fact, if FSU wins it, I hope they go away with the whole tournament. Stanford fans get super snotty and I'm sorry, they get super stuck up for all their NCAA wins, no offense.

4. SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 Member

Nov 13, 2004
    But again... did you read what cachundo wrote? Never in his posts did he say UCLA or USC wasn't going to make it to the College Cup; his premise was out of Stanford's three remaining conference teams, Washington was the only one to beat a championship caliber team this year... which he then followed up with a "Maybe things will change this weekend." Not exactly sure where you feel slighted?

He did get things wrong though - the Bruins did beat FSU in the pre-season, so they have that to hang their hats on.

5. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was being offensive and thats fine, we will beat whoever we face this week. Even if it makes him mad.

6. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Which part was offensive? Parts where he was being logical and stating facts?

7. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whatever, UCLA is beating FSU

sorry you heard it first, we will clean you up, throw you up and clean up again. Thats how we roll against the post season.

8. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they will beat your stupid team, watch, I hope BYU messing them up

9. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever dont mean to sound drunk even though I am

UCLA will be everyone and make it to the championship
    you heard it first here

10. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Dear Lord. There is a time to just not post.
    I am, as everyone knows, a USC dad. There was not a single thing in any of Cachundos post remotely offensive to either school he also doesn’t brag or put Stanford on above other teams (though he has the right to because they are far and away the best in the country IMO)
    Grow up

11. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ABSOLUTELY worth the trip. Even though my team lost to UNC last Friday, I had a wonderful extended weekend there. You will likely be blown away by the facility. Last Friday and Sunday, the paid parking was free.

And if you like trees, you will have died and gone to heaven.

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  12. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Looking forward to seeing the new facility. I’ve been on campus and the surrounding area. Great town. Big group of SC families heading out

socalsoccer23 repped this.
  13. socalsoccer23

socalsoccer23 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    McSkillz you make me sad...."back the Pac!!!!"
    4 teams in the conference-- sooo amazing!!
    I root for all of you (until we play you :) and know families on many of the teams...all good people and fantastic groups of girls!!!
    Go Pac 12!!!

cachundo, derbarkasmann and Brian Webb repped this.
  14. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UCLA 4, at Florida State 0

One in, three to go.

15. socalsoccer23

socalsoccer23 Member

Jan 4, 2017
    And three are IN....!!!!!
    And USC was sooo close, was really rooting for them...
    Pac 12 has made a nice statement.

McSkillz repped this.
  16. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm sensitive to the silence from USC fans on big soccer list night and today. I KNOW how you feel today. It will pass. Remember that you support an excellent program with a good coach and your team comported itself well. AND you will enjoy many more good seasons to come!

HeadSpun, socalsoccer23 and blissett repped this.
  17. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don’t worry about us Trojan fans. In the past 4 yrs we’ve gone Champs, round 2 pk exit, sweet 16 pk exit, great 8 exit. In those 4 years we have not had a favorable draw but we continue to improve. Injuries really impacted our year. We will be back healthy and ready to roll in August. All heads held high

18. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    What they were able to accomplish was very impressive this season with pieces missing. Next year, USC is going to be very special.

socalsoccer23 and cachundo repped this.
  19. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow. 3/4 participants in College Cup are from the Pac. Wish USC could have been there as well.

Friday's 1st game will be UNC-WSU. Tall task for Wazzu, but hey, they already knocked off the 1- & 2-seeds in their bracket, away. Not at all inconceivable for Wazzu to emerge triumphant against UNC. Wazzu are in the familiar role of away underdogs. Wazzu have already played Stanford, UCLA. USC, UVa, & the other USC, all away. They've won their last 2 away games, their biggest 2 games to date. Even if Wazzu lose to UNC on Friday, they've already won. The name recognition of this year's Cinderella team will resonate in recruiting. Pullman's a difficult place to recruit to - a remote region of the country, doesn't have the glamour of the more-cosmopolitan metro areas of other Pac teams. They relish the underdog role; their players were/are a group of underdogs. Playing in College Cup and against UNC may be a new experience for them, but they are once again playing in the familiar away 'dog role, Wazzu will feel right at home in Avaya against UNC.

Friday's 2nd game will be Stanford-UCLA. Stanford destroyed BYU in the 1/4s, but UCLA annihilated 1-seed FSU away to the tune of 0-4. A much more impressive performance as it was away against their top seed. UCLA have been on an impressive roll, and will present Stanford with problems. If I were non-partisan, I would pick UCLA, that away score against FSU is stunning.

Good luck to everyone

McSkillz and ytrs repped this.
  20. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    that's right... ACC had 3 in CC that year, but actually had all 4 #1 seeds. UNC was the team that did not make it. I thought that was one of the most talented UNC teams in years with Dunn and Ohai and many other quality players, but they had so many injuries and lost to eventual champ UCLA in OT. Major kudos to Pac 10 placing 3 in CC, though Pac10 has been so strong for so long. UNC is much weakened by loss of Emily Fox. Should UNC advance past Wash St, I think they will struggle to contain the offense of Stanford or UCLA without her.

21. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Much respect to your post but with all due respect it’s pac12

Messi #1 repped this.
  22. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    You are right. Sorry about that

23. Carolina92

Carolina92 Member

Sep 26, 2008
    The Pac-12 has always been strong, but we're seeing the teams below the top 3 continue to rise. Cal was greatly improved this year. Washington State's post season performance this year has been incredible; they are complete giant killers.

For context, in the last 10 years 8 ACC programs have made a College Cup. With Washington State's performance this year, the Pac-12 now will have had 4 programs in the CC over the same time period. The ACC has had 3 teams in the CC twice now (2011 and 2013) and there has also never been a College Cup without representation from the ACC (2015 didn't feature any Pac-12 CC teams). Will the next decade belong to the Pac-12? Time will tell! But no doubt the Pac-12 wins 2019.

I wish the ACC and Pac-12 had a regular season challenge like the ACC does in basketball with the Big 10. Now that would be fun for some early season bragging rights.

24. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    There is a tendency to draw far too many conclusions from one off mages at the end of the year. These are one off games with specific scenarios that should be treated as such from an analytical point of view.

25. cachundo

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pac players picked in the 2020 NWSL College Draft:

- 1st four picks from the Pac;
    - 7 of the first 17;
    - 11 of a total of 36.

Pick / Player / School / NWSL Team