Pac12 2019

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Glove Stinks, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Very professional win by Cal. Took advantage of 3 USC mistakes. Got an early lead and played phenomenal defense. USC outshot Cal by double 16-8 but Cal stood up to it. The 2 second half goals cam off set pieces that saw USC static and ball watching. Well deserved by Cal. The Pac-12 is truly phenomenal this year

2. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I would think

Stanford
    USC
    UCLA
    Cal
    UW
    WSU
    Arizona

are all in at the moment. Arizona might need another win but their big wins should get them in. I’d guess Colorado just need another win to secure their spot. OSU also one or two more? Utah in similar spot as OSU. Oregon if they can finish .500 because it would mean they’d beat very high RPI teams. ASU only team that’s out.
    9 is realistic. 10 or even 11 is “possible” which is amazing just to be able to talk about it

3. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    This is the way the ACC is most years.
    2 or 3 teams that could challenge for CC.
    6 or 8 more NCAA tourney teams of various levels of danger, who could beat you on any given day. You just can't have a bad day, or you'll pay the price.

4. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    If Colorado doesn’t get a big win (UW or Wazzu), I don’t think they make the tourney! Which would be a shame cause Kornieck is fun to watch

5. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That USC loss may be the difference between being selected as a 1- or a 2-seed. Before Cal, USC were a solid 1-seed RPI-wise. AFter Cal, they seem to be in a statistical dead heat, with 3 teams within 7 basis points of each other for that 1-seed. Even if USC win out, they may need help in the form of good/bad results from other teams

Could have been 4-0 but Cal missed on an open net late.

The set-piece goal was a beautifully designed pick-&-roll, reminiscent of how van Marwijk drew up set pieces for his good Dutch sides.

6. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That set piece was beautifully designed left 4 SC players flat on their feet ball watching.
    USC still 4th in RPI but I agree they need to win out to have any chance at a 1 seed. Same amount of loses last year and the committee absolutely hosed them

7. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    That is twice I have read you blame the USC field players for goals this week. Are you not the GKers father? If so I hope your daughter doesn't carry your attitude towards those busting their tails in front of her.

8. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #58 Glove Stinks, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Wasn’t bagging the defense at all. It was a beautifully designed play that left the defense lost. It was beautifully executed did you see the play
    Regarding the previous post I should have quoted Kiedani McAlpine because that’s what he said in his post game interview
    I’d appreciate it if you didn’t twist my words
    And by the way. One of the mistakes that cost USC a goal is on my kid

ping repped this.
  9. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    "4 SC players flat on their feet ball watching."
    These are your words

10. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #60 Glove Stinks, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Watch the video before you spin my words. I will say it again. It was a beautifully designed and executed set piece. It did what it was designed to do which was to disorient the defending team
    Your starting to come off as a troll
    Interesting that you take that tack after dragging your keeper through the mud on the previous page

11. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    I am not a UCLA fan or a USC fan. Just a soccer fan who watches a lot of games. I know none of the keepers involved. Unlike you I have no bias. I did not spin your words. I quoted them verbatim, and I was appalled when I read them, knowing you were the GKers father. Those are your words and they are a negative toward the players involved. Own it.

12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish the video clip I saw were longer, but I looked at the play on the short clip I could find and there's no doubt the USC players were caught flat footed -- literally. That's a simple fact. Is there something wrong with stating a fact? Does it depend on who states it? Wonderful philosophical questions.:)

13. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He’s just trolling CP
    States he’s not a UCLA fan but most of his posts are there. He completely drug one of their keepers through the mud but when I compliment another team on a very well executed set piece I’m throwing. My kids teammates under the bus
    He is officially on my ignore

SakiBomb25 repped this.
  14. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    congrats you have officially arrived! you aren't really a participant in the online forums until someone starts trolling you

15. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    I critiqued the performance of a UCLA goalkeeper, yes. But, I am not a parent of one of the field players. And, you curiously attack me to distract from your own behavior. A goalkeeper's parent criticizing the field players for a goal that was given up. Not a good look pal.

16. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Did you not read CPT above?
    Sorta like EF Hutton (you have to be old enough), when CPT speaks, people listen.
    CPT said, "I wish the video clip I saw were longer, but I looked at the play on the short clip I could find and there's no doubt the USC players were caught flat footed -- literally. That's a simple fact. Is there something wrong with stating a fact? Does it depend on who states it? Wonderful philosophical questions.:)"

Does a parent forfeit the right to comment or even critique? Since you feel justified in bludgeoning GS with his/her identity, why don't you tell us about yours. Are you male or female? Former player? Parent of current player?Fan of which team? Alumnus of which school????

blissett repped this.
  17. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was really down with the Lady Dawgs in the preseason until they made me a believer when we played UNC in Seattle. (Though, moral victory meant nothing to me.)

18. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    No offense but I am not a follower of CPT and found his post irrelevant. You do you. Not sure why either of you felt compelled to interject yourself. Just quoted a dad and stated my opinion.

19. ping

ping Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This probably isn't very accurate.

20. ping

ping Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I'm no worshiper of others on the board either but they were ALSO just expressing their opinions. That is what happens in a forum.

Number007 and Val1 repped this.
  21. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    You may not be a follower of CPT. That said, he is well known on the board as being very knowledgeable and objective to a fault.
    He simply looked at the clip and drew the same conclusion that GS drew.
    Neither he, nor GS were bagging on players, just stating objective facts.
    From that point of view, you may not want to read his opinion, but it is very RELEVANT to your accusations against GS.

You are certainly allowed your opinion, but so is everyone else. I would simply suggest you have more evidence before accusing someone of "bagging" on players.

derbarkasmann repped this.
  22. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Ok Tom. Thanks for your opinion. His words are all I needed. Chow!

23. derbarkasmann

derbarkasmann Member

1.FC Koeln (Cologne, Germany)
    United States
    Oct 27, 2008
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They didn't seem to bother anybody else here. And it's ciao ... chow is what the University of Washington's mascot eats.

HeadSpun, McSkillz, SakiBomb25 and 2 others repped this.
  24. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Oh c'mon dbm ... you really going to grammar police a message board. I got better things to do on my tiny phone than worry about grammar and spelling. I actually used to enjoy your posts. Just hitting ignore, like with that USC dad who drags his players. CHOW

25. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    Updated standings?