Pablo's Injury

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by DavidJames, Jul 22, 2005.

1. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Saw him get whacked pretty good but I haven't heard anything on the extent of the injury, has anyone else?

2. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I watched the game, he did get whacked. It should have been a red.

I think he is okay, low leg injury but not a break. I hope he is okay, but I bet he is done with the Raps for at least 8 weeks.

3. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Brings back memories of Pablo's straight red a month back for a much less vicious tackle. Always a red in that situation I recall reading. uhuh.

4. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Thread at USMNT News and Analysis says sprained ankle, if true extremely lucky. No link. It was brutish on a good day.

5. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were some seriously poor fouls that the referee didn't have the cohones to step up and deal with. It was an entertaining game, but the referee almost lost control of it. Any time you have to toss a coach at the international level, something is wrong. (as a ref, tossing coaches on a weekend is no big thing...) Referees need to protect the players better. I don't think a foul was even called on the play, if I remember correctly.

Studs up tackles always endanger another players career. FIFA already deals with them pretty harshly. Maybe it's time to start penalizing refs who don't enforce the laws correctly in the course of the match.

Here's hoping Pablo is ok. We may be looking at less than 50% of our total games without our "captain."

6. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    "Pope, Mastroeni Out For Sunday's Gold Cup Final"

Thanks pecker head :) I was going to watch the game tonight!!!! ... put an [R] in the topic!