Pablo Santana Soares at Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by LandonDonovan2018, Jan 4, 2019.

1. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Pablo Soares is a 16-year-old midfielder, born on 3/8/2002, who currently plays for Mönchengladbach's U17s. He's played 15 games this season for the U17s and has two assists according to Transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pablo-santana-soares/profil/spieler/596377
    https://www.fupa.net/spieler/pablo-santana-soares-884886.html

I've confirmed with sources that he WILL be part of the U17 group for the Youth Summit starting tomorrow though I have zero understanding of his U.S. connection. I'm assuming some connection through his parent's place of birth. Perhaps another military kid.

[​IMG]

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if I was honest, he's nowhere near the 1st name that pops up when thinking about Gladbach U17 prospects.

3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Yea well, I do remember a U-17 German captain and of Bayern Munich, Fabian Hurzeler.

the Germans are really good but not perfect at this thing.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never rated Hurzeler and he never played a competitive game for Germany either, never really made it past U17 either. Besides getting a Germany call up doesn't mean that much since a lot of players that don't deserve call ups get them and plenty get ignored for a long time too. Tend to think it's all over the place when it comes to U15-U20, a ton better U21-Senior. A lot of the lower level NT coaches are hacks too. It's also very easy for players to struggle once they get to U19 Bundesliga or higher.

as for Soares, I'm surprised that no one here knew he was German America. What happened to your detective work? USSF, beat you to the punch. I usually find out who is German American through you guys too.:laugh::p

TheFalseNine repped this.
  5. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scored a goal in one of the friendlies played in the camp. He apparently has US, German, and Brazilian nationality.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    makes sense with a name like Pablo Santana Soares, Soares is Portuguese, which means Brazil or Portugal.

the Southampton RB Cedric Soares is German born to Portuguese parents.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    scored his 2nd of the season, winner in a 3-0 win over Duisburg U17.

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    pretty expected that both him and Wentzel are moving to Gladbach U19 next season. Eligible in U19 for next 2 seasons.

also looks like TM, has him as being born in New York City. Wonder what's his German connection though. His Surname isn't German. Is his mom German or is he one of those who's been in Germany long enough to have become a citizen, or both?

Wentzel on the other hand seems to have a full German family but dad worked in USA so was born there.

Always interesting to see the backstory of players. And especially when they are from the other rarer route born in USA. Ian Hoffmann for one seems to have German paternal grandparents (also surname), also born in Connecticut, USA. Same goes to Leon Flach, born in Texas. Another Texan was the above mentioned Fabian Hurzeler, lol.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. SOLOJUVE

SOLOJUVE New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Sep 14, 2019
    i know his parents , he was born in NYC 19 years ago from a German mom and a Brazilian dad , therefore he is a US citizen . When he was little their parents moved to Germany to pursue their careers .He has been part of Borussia Galbach Youth academy since he was 6 . He is now with U19 of the club . He would have been eligible for US, Germany or Brazilian international games but he decided to be with US team . He is a promising attacking midfielder

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think he decided anything since he was in Germany U18 back in Dec 2019.

well anyways, Soares recently extended his Gladbach contract but was not called up to 1st team Summer Camp but 2 other 02s were and both of those guys are midfielders.

and then today, Gladbach gave pro contracts to 3 02s (2/3 are ones from Summer camp), none which are Soares/Wentzel, doesn't bode extremely well for their 1st team chances.

Soares was deployed in LB and midfield last season and there are already 3 midfielders from U19 with pro contracts from 01-02.

makes you wonder if 1st team chances are more likely for him if he's a LB.....

charlie kennan repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made an appearance for BMG II:

Borussia: Olschowsky – Wentzel (85. Schlosser), Lieder (85. Santana Soares), Gaal (85. Boeder) – Lofolomo (65. Moustafa), Lockl (71. Kemper), Kurt (87. Atty), Italiano (46. Skraback) – Beckhoff (65. Quizera), Meuer (85. Arslan), Schroers (71. Touray)

12. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Transfermarkt says he has made two appearances for Borussia Mönchengladbach II this season

13. NoHammiesAltidore

United States
    Jun 28, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States