Pablo Playing Brazil

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by prk166, Sep 3, 2007.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's nice to see Pablo called up. BUt what does that mean for the Rapids? Who steps into that role in the midfield? LaBrocca despite looking like a deer caught in the headlights against Chivas USA many moons ago? Ugo? Does FSL loan Kyle back to us for that game?

http://njmg.typepad.com/sbi/2007/09/us-roster-vs-br.html

Forwards: Davy Arnaud (Kansas City Wizards), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Josh Wolff (1860 Munich).

Midfielders: Clint Dempsey (Fulham), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (Heerenveen), Bobby Convey (Reading), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids).

Defenders: Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United).

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Everton FC), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake).

2. area815

area815 Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    AC Siena
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Clavijo thought his whole Sanneh at mid experiment worked, I would expect to see him at d-mid, with Colin, Medhi and Cookie (crosses fingers) rounding out the midfield.

3. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who is this pearce guy? now i kno altidore prob isn't ready to play against brazil but when is he gonna get his debut? are there more friendlies coming up that he or adu might get a shot at?

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, you mean trading Beckerman and letting Wasson go wasn't well thought out? I'm sorry, you aren't a "true fan", Clavijo will get you your season ticket money once he makes the playoffs. :D

5. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    good to see Pablo in the mix... veteran experience in the back is always a good thing! :D

LA will be w/o landy cakes when they play the Rapids, so I don't think that not having Pablo will be an issue...

Linking Brazil's roster just in case your screen name is fhnkeeper03 or teddy_montoya and you're still undecided about making this trip... ;) remember... how many times to we get to play Brazil @ home? Sam's Army baby!!

http://njmg.typepad.com/sbi/2007/08/brazil-announce.html

USA!! USA!! USA!!

6. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heath Pearce's wikipedia article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Pearce
    There's some controversy as to who should be the starting LB. Some people think it should be Pearce over Bornstein or vice versa. Of course then you have others who say BB is showing favoritism in choosing Bornstein.

The USMNT plays Catalonia on Oct. 14th and Switzerland on Oct. 17th and we're rumored to be playing South Africa in November. I can see Adu getting a call up to the Catalonia match as it's close to Portugal, but I don't imagine we'll see Altidore at least until the end of the MLS season. So maybe against South Africa and any friendlies thereafter.

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Interesting mix in the midfield, Convey is a player I really like but his call up last time was puzzling (fresh off an injury - not in form), he showed that he really wasn't ready and now gets called up again? BB's son is a lock, Beasley left, Dempsey right, Pablo to settle the middle of the park with experience?

8. BVgolski07

BVgolski07 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never seen the pearce guy play but I'm a fan of bornstein. For defense I'd say Spektor, Bornstein, Onyewu, and Bocanegra

9. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    not in the roster... Dolo is my pick for right D!

No Parkhurst and Clark is disappointing...

Davy Arnaud in the roster... huh!? :rolleyes:

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread can be closed:

11. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    My guess is, by adding Wolff and Arnaud, Bradley is bending over backwards to create chemistry for Eddie Johnson, since the kid's been just too frustratingly inconsistent so far in his USMNT career. Once this experiment fails, hopefully Bradley leaves Johnson home for good (or until he learns some game and fixes his head) and tries out some forwards who haven't spent 3 years showing next-to-nothing when it counts.

12. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Illness? I wonder what kind considering I ran into Pablo at Qdoba on Monday and that's the last place I'd eat if I was sick.

13. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    stay away from Qdoba for a while.... ;)