Pablo Campos traded to RSL

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Jul 15, 2009.

1. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    This needs its own thread.... link

Traded for the 2010 2nd Round pick we got for sending Kyle Davies to FCD. The Brazilian monster forward will be in RSL training tomorrow. Does this now make Yura more expendable? I think so...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVUwhEIE7Q"]YouTube - Pablo Campos Highlights[/ame]

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Amen. I'm actually more excited about this kid than I am about ReK, but maybe that's because I haven't seen either of them play...

A 2nd round 2010 draft pick seems like a good deal to me!

3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope there is one more addition to the squad, but I certainly do like this pick. We practically got him for nothing (we had nothing, got something, gave it away, now got something again... get where I am goin here)

this guy, from the highlights and what I have seen of him this season, seems to be a good fit for the system we are playing now. yes he is a great target guy (he is big) but he also has the ability, it seems at least, to play with his feet quite well (he is brazilian of course) and has a knack for finding the back of the net...

for those stat junkies out there:
    he only has 2 assists (1 shy of Yura's whole career, ha ha) and 2 goals
    BUT
    he only has taken 11 shots, 8 of those on frame.
    If he can score every 4 shots on goal, or every 5th shot... he is a HUGE upgrade from what we got now

4. JesusKreis

JesusKreis Member

Nov 15, 2008
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a nice physical target for us. It's good to see us get something out of that whole Davies thing.
    Sure hope he's upgraded his goal dance...

5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like his goal dance... and those jerseys

6. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That's because MLS circa 1996 called and wants you back... ;)

[​IMG]

7. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Is he not the guy who got the Yellow card for diving against RSL? I thought he played pretty good. He's also equaled Yura's career assist total, with 2 THIS SEASON.

8. rimshot15

rimshot15 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good deal for what we gave them. I'll take him over a 2nd round pick for sure.

9. ajr_RSL

ajr_RSL Member

Sep 26, 2007
    Mesa, Az
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He missed one of the most open headers I've seen this season in one of SJ's early home games, which affected his playing time thereafter for a month or more.Did Pablo score 47 goals against that unfortunate first opponent in the red shorts, or was the same set of goals shown from various angles?

I am optimistic. We wanted him last year I think, and perhaps the fit will be good.

Oh - who is his agent? McSomething? ;)

11. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't San Jose recently get this guy? Why did they want to get rid of him for a draft pick? Did they need salary space?

12. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    I thought that guy was no longer dealing with RSL because they are just too mean.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had heard, and i wouldnt quote myself on this either so take it for what its worth (nothing pretty much), they were going after Nedved.... seriously
    (unlike everyone else going "yeah we could use that guy")

14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe he is trying to have all of his players on the team, then one day... they all suddenly are playing in Denmark:rolleyes:

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    almost all of the san jose posters saw dumping him as a good move and are amazed they got what they did...
    now, I take that with a giant grain of salt as those guys (in my own personal opinion) dont see the game so well, but it is a little disturbing...

16. Bthing

Bthing Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Mixed reviews over on the San Jose board. Some speculate they are opening up some space for someone. Others calling him Compost, and happy he is gone.

Time will tell. He sure scored alot of goals previous to coming to MLS.

17. Dickov Del Horno

Dickov Del Horno New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    This could be the reason... as reported by a SJ fan.

I'm not 100% sold on this guy... and I seem to be one of the only ones who feels this way. So, I'll stop bitching and cross my fingers that he turns out to be the Brazilian Jared Borghetti (minus the douchiness & age).

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully he is not a hot head, thats the last thing this team needs

19. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to quote myself, but this was a big moment - a bad miss that set a tone of futility in front of a jazzed up home crowd. It would sour many of us, too. Then there's the sublime toying with Berhalter later in the year that drew a penalty - more of that guy, please. :)

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like johnson has some competition for pk's

21. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yeah, except that if blowing a wide open chance doomed you to the bench, Yura would have been riding the pine the first third of the season.

At RSL, coaches seem to have tremendous patience for some players and not so much for others...

22. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Campos' a decent player. Some good, some bad...

He has a pretty good touch, ok speed for a big guy and can win balls in the air.

But he's also pretty lazy, mediocre finishing, and needs others to bring him into the game.

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more referring to the timing and nature of the miss, what the team had done to claw back and get chances, and how deflating it was. Even the highlight won't show it well enough - it was its place in the ebb and flow of the game that really mattered. Sell out crowd, opening match, five minutes left, last chance really for San Jose (and he wasn't the only one to miss) in a 1-0 loss to New England.

I don't judge him on this, but can see where it went sour fast between Campos and many E-quake fans . . .

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    considering we got him for next to nothing (a draft pick for a guy we really had no chance of getting it seemed) I understand rolling the dice on him. If he works out, great, if not, we didnt really lose much here did we

25. neophyte

neophyte Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    The Brazilian Deuchar, or the Brazilian Jacqua?