P2P - which is best?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Maczebus, Mar 12, 2004.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

could just be a problem file, it happens from time to time

2. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    True enough but that would mean that every file at ****************.com has some problem - so I thought that it might be me. I'll continue to delve....

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

could be the website too i suppose - try the suprnova site or mirror

4. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey...If you want to protect yourself...this is nice little program to run with any P2P...I use it with Emule....go to this site below and read all about it.

http://methlabs.org/methlabs.htm

It's called peerguardian...its a nice tool that blocks out those *certain* servers that the *certain* big boys use to find their *certain* copyrighted material..... :)

I have checked out the program...it is **spyfree**...and free for download...and will update for you with any new *certain* IP address that are established to hunt you down... Its a IP blocker with a built in list of worldwide servers..

~~~Worm~~~

5. quicksand

quicksand Member

May 7, 2000
    Brooklyn
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peerguardian is indeed a good idea. But if you're going to use a P2P don't disable uploads like Kryptonite suggested. If you're scared don't download. Otherwise you're just making others take a risk for you, which is a rather crappy thing to do.

6. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Argee....you should share...not fair for some of us to and others not.....even if you set your uplaods with 2-3 folks able to share with you...Peerguardian will let you know if someone is checking you out......

For those that do not want to share.....just move all of your files away from the uplaod folder...or burn them and clear out your box.....a general rule now-a-nights is.....50-75 files then dump...

Test your files....alot of nasty-bugs going around!!! :mad:

~~~Worm~~~