P/I/P Season 28 Game 29: LA Galaxy vs Minnesota, 9/20/2023, 7:30 p.m. PST Apple TV

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I remember how everyone hated on Leonardo yet when you look at defensive stats he was actually almost up there with Omar. He, like Mavinga, had the ability to give that one or two flubs a game that directly resulted in a goal, resulting in the hate lol.

2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might even be Good Enough for the English Championship. Wonder if a team there might pick him up someday.

3. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hat Trick Hero
    Billy Sharp

4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match winner scoring his first Goal in the Galaxy kit:
    Diego Fagundez!

6. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raheem and Son
    As a dad, I personally enjoy it when the kids join in, adds a lot of character to pressers

7. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whoscored gives Billy a 9.3. MOTM easily.
    upload_2023-9-21_10-33-9.png

9. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Footmob gives him a 9.6.
    upload_2023-9-21_10-36-13.png

10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Our 4th goal should be “Team Goal of the Week.” Absolutely sublime interplay and finish.

11. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I loved about our goals this game. All of our goals were in the 18. They all were team efforts of a sort. None of them were 1 player just taking things into their own hands and just having a go.

This is what we've been missing.
    Goal #1: Winger play (Boyd) getting the ball and cutting back to the center, Sharp goal on the rebound.
    (Oh how I've missed having players roughly at the backside of the goal mouth ready to pounce on a rebound)
    Goal #2: Set Piece goal off of Yoshida's head to Sharp's foot. Was it already going in? I can't tell from the replays but either way, Sharp is right place right time and its an actual corner in a dangerous spot (Boyd took the corner)
    Goal #3: Edwards going forward acting like a winger, loses the ball but keeps at it and uses his body to redirect a failed clearance into the box where Sharp just pounces on it. Not the most elegant of assists but take a bow for the effort Edwards.
    Goal #4: Boyd again with the good winger play to get it to the touchline and cutting back where a late run by Diego just smashes it home.

12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Impossible to not fall for this guy. I can see why his fans hated to see him go even during a down season. He’s just a winner. Has the attitude of a Keano, Donovan, etc.

Don’t get me wrong- I don’t expect the goals to continue tp come as easily as they have in this very small sample. But his “give it your all until the final whistle” winners mentality will always be there. And that is a mental toughness this team has missed since Bruce left.

13. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's definitely reminding me more of Keane than any other pickup we've had, with definitely more of a positive attitude (Keane always seemed kind of a serious sourpuss lol)

14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Agree 100%. But for #4 don’t forget to also credit the amazing pass by Puig to Boyd that started the whole play.

15. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Keane and Sharp share that killer instinct. And while Keane was Mr Pointy Shouty during the game there wasn’t a cheerier guy off the pitch. He and his family have a real joy for life.

16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal number one was a pretty great team play as well

17. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume we will sign a big-time starter DP striker next season. But I can’t think of any reason why we wouldn’t bring Sharpe back to come off the bench or start in select games. when you’re a poacher I think you can hang on a little longer as you get older.

18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    True. I still don’t know for sure who made that fantastic initial pass that launched the whole attack. Some say Mavinga but I can’t tell from the highlight reel.

TrickHog repped this.
  19. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Provided you aren't as breakable as Chich.

The Beautiful Gamer, TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  20. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It was Leerdam.

skydog, TrickHog and mbar repped this.
  21. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just rewatched. You ain't lyin'
    Reminds me of that gorgeous splitting ball he had to Chich his first season with us that made ALL the highlight reels.

The Beautiful Gamer, skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  22. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also Shoutout to Tyler Boyd. He's been crucial for us down the stretch and last night was no exception. Directly involved in 3 of our 4 goals.
    2 were runs to the touchline and cutback to the center
    1 was a corner kick to a dangerous area.

23. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Hey, was with you in spirit. ;) :thumbsup:

I don't know those others. :cautious:

The Beautiful Gamer, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  24. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Heath tripped head first into the biggest trap game I've ever seen. It would be nice if we could come close to playing like this on a more consistent basis, the defense not withstanding. But I agree those goals came from teamwork. Something we hardly ever see now adays.

If Sharp can continue his goal run we may have found a good egg in this summer signing window. He's putting up Chicharito numbers. Interesting even at 13th place.

skydog, hav77, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  25. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    And the 15 games in 4 hours. They have got to spread that out. It's fine for the I-only-watch-Galaxy fans but other fans love to keep up with the league. Friiggin Apple!

skydog, TrickHog and ProudNatRN repped this.