P/I/P Season 27 Game 23: LA Galaxy at SKC, 8/6/2022, 5:30 PT on Unimas

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Aug 4, 2022.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And just for the record, I'm woke AF, don't mind participation trophies, think being PC is a good thing and in a super-competitive industry, I'm one of the very best in the world at what I do. So I don't buy any of that garbage.

But the Galaxy do indeed suck. Badly. That was embarrassing.

2. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can confirm this because TrickHog's IMDB page told me so :D

hav77, Lazy Assed Assassin and skydog repped this.
  3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    :(

Dawdler repped this.
  4. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the turd on top of the sh!t sandwich. Unbelievable.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  5. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Maybe this guy then?

6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It was a very nice pass and finish. Araujo and Solloi make a good pairing.

hav77, TrickHog, shelbo and 2 others repped this.
  7. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It honestly made me angry. I hate when a react that way to a game but Araujo’s nonchalant way of just sort of pushing it towards his goalkeeper with an opposing player breathing down his neck is inexcusable.

skydog, TrickHog, shelbo and 1 other person repped this.
  8. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feelings are bad

skydog repped this.
  9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to remember. Are there any bottom-feeders that LAG has NOT lost to? Other than Chivas of course.

Geneva, hav77, Dawdler and 1 other person repped this.
  10. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's still lots of dads that're hard-asses out there, even many who still go overboard to the point of being a toxic influence on their kids. The whole "participation trophy" thing is kind of just a meme / stereotype. The weird thing is I never saw any participation trophies handed out in many of the "sissy" activities I was involved in as a kid, like the science fair or spelling bee (I got 1st and 2nd in those respectively -- for 2nd I got NOTHING!) But in general, I don't know how much "harm" this really did in terms of creating a generation of entitled brats, for instance. There isn't a ton of evidence to support that.

Still, it reminds me the sitcom idea I had a few years ago where Lavar Ball, Tiger Woods Dad and The William's Sisters Dad all raise a kid together in the same house.

11. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just money, honestly. There just aren't enough invested individuals paying serious attention (hate to say it). That'll eventually change.

skydog, Dawdler and TrickHog repped this.
  12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the top 2 biggest DP failures in the league, don’t we?

shelbo, ProudNatRN, natfaninla and 4 others repped this.
  13. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't help that our tactics are laughable either.

skydog and Dawdler repped this.
  14. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he is not traded or loaned out in the office season I am going to be pissed.

15. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but so are we sadly.

16. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't the worst just the dumbest.

shelbo, hav77, skydog and 1 other person repped this.
  17. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horribly bad move and I knew Vanney would trot it out.

JPAR and Dawdler repped this.
  18. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This!!!

JPAR and Dawdler repped this.
  19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who has recently navigated getting a couple of kids from kindergarten to teenage years (yikes) in various sports, I think that when you’re talking about rec sports (Little league, ayso, etc) I firmly believe in participation acknowledgement. It’s damn hard for some kids to overcome their fears and participate in practice and games and learn all the lessons that come with playing on a team and being coached. acknowledging that at year end is ok by me. I feel like parents lose sight of that with this whole talking point when talking about kids under 12.

Now for kids that self select into more competitive environments then maybe not so much.

The Cadaver, 73Bruin, MPNumber9 and 3 others repped this.
  20. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mbar’s thoughts for rest of season:

-we must get 6 points in next two home games and use that to go on a run. That’s it. No other option.
    -we should go all in on the 5-3-2 (use Vasquez in Puig’s spot until his visa) and sit forever costa and Cabral. It’s the best hope we have.
    -if we fail to get 6 points, start giving massive playing time to Neal, Perez, Saldena, Aguirre Dunbar and look at plans for next season. At this point send Costa to the moon.

-pray that LAFC falls into the “oh this game suddenly means something and we haven’t played in 13 days” trap in the playoffs that happens to SS winners. They look pretty good though.

21. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got a chance to watch the "highlights." What an inept preformance, as usual. This team is swiftly becoming harder and harder to be a fan of.

TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  22. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think there is a team in the league that is more negatively impacted by heat, humidity, altitude, wet field conditions, dry field conditions, turf, etc. over the last 5 years then us. I’m ********ing sick of it.

shelbo, ProudNatRN, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  23. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #298 The Beautiful Gamer, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Highlight Time Folks

I watched this game twice, yep twice, because I couldn't believe what I saw the first time. And after doing so I came to the following conclusion,...

Three sets of apologies needed to be taking place after that game in the locker room.

1) Leerdam, Gasper, Delgado, Brugman, Sega, Cabral, Costa and Araujo each owe Williams and Bond who were the best defenders in this game hands down an apology for making HORRIBLE LAUGHABLY BAD TURNOVERS AND OTHER DEFENSIVE MISTAKES!!!

2) Costa and Cabral both owe DeJan and Chicharito an apology for not creating any legitimate service for the ENTIRE MATCH!! Our forwards are not Zlatan Ibrahimovic or a Didier Drogba type who can create a shot from nothing or play as lone striker that can hold up the ball. THEY REQUIRE CONSISTENT SERVICE!!! That or they need to be partnered up with that type of striker so that they can poach their misses. DeJan is better than Javier at being a lone striker but not by much. That being said,Cabral was basically non existent this game and Costa was no better.

3) Coach Greg Vanney OWES THE ENTIRE TEAM AN APOLOGY for starting out the game on the back foot by not going with the best lineup of players from the start, and for the terrible game strategy of playing fullbacks that are less prone to create with overlap runs when you KNOW that you don't have a center attacking mid in the game to help your wide midfielders to create service. Also for 80 minutes of having the galaxy press high against a team that bunkered all 11 guys into the final third on defense and simply waited on a turnover to then spring a fast break counter attack that put our goal keeper in constant horrible situations.

What a terrible terrible game out of LA. They deserved to lose.
    How dumb you can be to wait so long to change the CLEARLY FAILING GAME PLAN!!!

Under my posts I quote Sun Tzu. His quote basically means that just because you know a person's playbook doesn't mean that you understand exactly HOW and WHY they beat you.
    The laughable tactics in this game are the kind of thing that I have seen get coaches fired after games.
    Vanney please do the following,....

-Stop playing Costa as a winger. He is not consistently quick on the wing and burns out to the point that he stops playing defense. He has been good the last few games but has always been subbed before he completely burns out. This lack of pace happens to all wingers. They eventually have to played more as forward in the name of prolonging their career. It's why CR7 is still solid. Take Costa and put him up front either out wide or centrally. You waste him otherwise.

-If you know you don't have a true CAM demand that one of your center midfielders stay back on defense. When they both push up and create a turnover you leave your center backs in 2 against 3 or more on the counter.

-If you are going to deal with teams that bunker For The Love of GOD STOP PRESSING!!!
    Either hold the ball back and make them come out or throw your forwards in the box and lob in long balls from distance until one of them gets a shot off. Plus if your forward loses the ball then you have enough men outside the final third to stop the other teams counter which also forces the creation of space. This is how Chicharito finally got enough freedom to get his first goal.

THIS IS SIMPLE STUFF!!! I DON"T GET PAID FOR THIS AND EVEN I KNOW THIS IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS F.F.S.!!!

There needs to be a serious gut check sit down in the locker room where guys start taking responsibility and working out what it will take to get through the rest of this season with maximum effort. This kind of piss poor play is not acceptable.

Geneva, shelbo, MPNumber9 and 9 others repped this.
  24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, you beat me to it. Working my way through the thread lol.

25. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Araujo has regressed significantly this season.

TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.