P/I/P, Match 17: Revs @NYC, Sun 10/11/2020 7:00pm [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Oct 9, 2020.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So, it’s Sun., 10/11/20, but broadcast at 4:52 pm or 7:00 pm?

3. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to mess with your head a bit more, it's Sunday but at 4:30 PM. The article was posted by Elizabeth at 4:52 on 10/8. I suspect at that time it was scheduled for 7, but it was moved to the 4:30 time slot (probably when the Pats game was moved, or because ESPN has the 7 PM game and wanted a better matchup.

** MODS ** If the 4:30 time is correct, can the title of this thread be changed to reflect it?

BTW, my Comcast autorecord of my "other" team has decided that since I asked for Arsenal games on NBCSN, it's recording the English Super League game tomorrow.

sean'o repped this.
  4. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that Lee was one assist behind somebody for some team record. Since he fed Teal on the goal.... doesnt he now have it? Not that our announcers have said anything

5. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did Joe Piscopo become the announcer for the Revs? Hey, I'm from New York, he's from New York, he's also from New York. He went to college in New York. It's like every game there is a subject he going to stress to excess.

6. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    MLS on-field reffing seems to have become more wretched this altered 2020 season, if Revs’ last and present game are any benchmark.

7. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    PRO has always been bad. Watching the revs this year, somehow its definitely gotten worse

8. Skelet0r67

Skelet0r67 New Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Nov 26, 2018
    Anyone else annoyed with Davies constantly talking about how Steffen is better than Turner? We get it, Steffen is on the bench at Man City, it doesn't change the fact that Turner is having a better MLS year than Steffen ever did. He at least deserves a call up and a few starts on the international level. Its pretty easy to say that if it weren't for Turner we would probably be at the bottom of the table right now...

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Polster with a professional dive to earn the game-winning PK. Nguyen takes the PK and scores (at least Bruce learns from his mistakes...)

Skelet0r67 repped this.
  10. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs currently in 6th place in the East, with 6 games left. Two against PHI (2nd place), the other 4 against teams below them in the standings.

If the Revs can take care of business in those 4 games, they should finish top 6, which will avoid the play-in round of the playoffs (7th place to 10th place in East).

11. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Davies with possibly the GOAT quote (speaking to Brad) "If you were the referee there would be 1000 stoppages" or something like that. Loved the dead silence afterwards! :ROFLMAO:

Skelet0r67 repped this.
  12. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two things on Davies
    1) I dont respect his judgement on anything. Poor judgement almost cost him his life and virtually ended his career
    2) Anybody that doesnt remember Luis Fangoso doesnt know the Revs. Brad nailed him on that one... over n over lmao

[​IMG]

Skelet0r67 repped this.
  13. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't see any point in dragging that tragedy up at this point - I think it's actually a really low blow. Criticize Davies for his playing, his commentating, whatever, but he and the other victims paid a huge price, no matter who made what decisions. When people have lost so much, it's pretty cruel to be playing the blame game, particularly when all you know about it is what you read.

As for Fangoso, it's a nice inside joke when you bring it up once every 5 years or so - Brad so over-played it that it just turned into pandering.

This broadcast team is so, so bad - it's driving me crazy. And, knowing that BF is director of communications or whatever, means that he's going to have the job as long as he wants it, or until there's a total implosion in that part of the organization, is incredibly depressing.

Crooked and A Casual Fan repped this.
  14. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Im actually kind of impressed Brad found a natural segway to bring up Fangoso in. And honestly, not knowing about such a big part of team history is a knock on Charlie. He'll recover, but its the sort of thing that will forever mark him as a tourist

15. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Wow, the difference an early goal makes (when you can repel the initial response). For the most part, our defense did quite well, though NYC's tight interior passing really had us scrambling around the top of the box to prevent shots. At the end of the day, they didn't allow any shots that Turner couldn't handle (okay, one!) - and that's the name of the game for a defense.

- Buchanon still continuing on a very bright path - the fouls that he's drawing show how seriously opponents take him. Imagine what he'll be able to do when Gil can set him up with 3 defenders to get past.

- Bunbury continues to be one maddeningly lovable enigma - he almost always gets chances, but every now and then he manages a really good finish. Well done Teal!

- And what a brilliant assist by Nguyen - well worthy of his 50th - burning the NYC offside trap brilliantly.

- Polster's penalty award looked very weak to me - I actually thought that when he went down on the 3v1, it was a more likely penalty, but they never showed a replay of it to get a good look. I have no doubt that NYC was and is furious about it, but that's there problem this time. We've been on the other end plenty of times. I also think there were a bunch of obvious fouls against us that didn't get called, so ...

- If getting the result is the over-arching goal (and it is), well done boys. It's an unbalanced, one-off kind of season, but I'm pretty sure this would be right up there as our best road-season ever.

- I think McNamara's familiarity with the field was a huge help - regardless of Davies' dismissive statement that you'd know all you needed to after one game on a field.

- Also, well deserved kudos for Arena, not only for a good starting lineup, but perfect 57th minute (or so) sub, when we were really starting to sag. A triple-sub was just what the doctor ordered in reviving the energy on the field - and by the 80th minute, it was NYC that was looking tired and discouraged. I wouldn't say their goal was against the run of play (and they deserved one from their overall attacking level), but it just felt like the Revs were managing the game quite well at that point.

BrianLBI repped this.
  16. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me Davies ancient history showed a lack of good judgement that ended badly. His announcing, when he said no foul on on Farrell was totally wrong and also showed bad judgement. He thinks that because he played soccer, he knows all. He said about tweets he received...."thats why im in this chair and fans are not." His attitude and opinions makes me wish Mariner was back cause he actually accomplished something and was almost always correct. Davies, not so much

firstshirt and Skelet0r67 repped this.
  17. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Great points - I forgot about this reverse zinger from Brad. Can't remember which one happened first.

18. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't blame Charlie for not knowing Fangoso, that was years before he was here, and is a side story (although a good one -- Taylor Twellman is a part of team history, Fangoso just isn't quite the same). Love that after he got tweeted at about Fangoso that he wanted to see clips of his play.:p and Brad strung him along.

I wonder how many viewers googled Fangoso --and found the spanish word muddy?

NFLPatriot repped this.
  19. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the elementary school in California again, that they drafted Fangoso from? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #20 RevsRule, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    That whole Luis "El Lobo" Fangoso thing was just brilliant. I still laugh every time I think of it. Where have those days gone?

Fangoso sinks a full volley!
    [​IMG]

21. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Fanguso memorabilia

Attached Files:

22. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just watched the game this morning. Great assist by Lee although Teal almost blew it. Overall a good team effort. When did they get the new guy Delamea? ;) good to see him shake off some cob webs. I thought Buksa played well. Big fan of Tommy Mc. He is not the most gifted but he plays 100%.
    Revs remaining games. I see a potential 9-13 pts out of this especially if Bou comes back healthy and hungry. Philly at Philly may be hard but its the last game of the season and unless Philly are playing for a home playoff game I can see Philly sitting a few players in that game so its possible to take 3 there. Nashville, Montreal and DCU should be 3pts each but Montreal on the road is always an adventure
    @Montreal
    Philly
    @Nashville
    @RBNY
    DCU
    @Philly

23. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Agree totally Lee, Buksa and McNamara.

The interesting thing on Bunbury's goal was that he shot with the wrong foot. Wrong in the sense of expected or usual, but those are the toughest for a keeper to anticipate and in scoring, IMO, it's the unexpected that frequently generates goals - and this one clearly caught Johnson by surprise. Whatever thought process or instinct led up to it, classy finish!

24. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't let him off that easily. Charlie grew up here in New England.

RevsRule repped this.
  25. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    I thought Toni was awful. You bring him on up 2 to close the game out. His specialty is winning balls in the air. To give up a set piece goal, and for him specifically to be beat on the play, tells you that his best skill isnt even MLS level.

2 new CB in the offseason please (1 for toni and one for mancienne)