P/I/P, Match 15: Revs vs TFC, Weds 10/07/2020 7:30pm [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Revs in 2010, Oct 7, 2020.

1. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't say the Revs really played badly. Toronto is the top team in the East, and the Revs were really on the front foot against them most of the game. Toronto created very little, and there's a pretty strong consensus their one goal was unearned. And while the Revs weren't super dangerous around the Toronto 18, they did earn a penalty. So by rights, the Revs should have won 1-0.

But they didn't, and there's the rub.

rkupp repped this.
  2. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    One game, getting some service, isn't really enough - he needs a realistic chance to get a rhythm and build confidence.
    A lot of ex-players seem to have that 'let 'em play' mentality. I'm guessing subconsciously they're thinking that the fouled player should have been able to play through whatever.

But, in the penalty area, they often agree with any contact being called a pk. I guess you're right, it does sound like 'striker's bias'.

4. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    It wasn't just the shooting opportunities though. In possession he was routinely short circuiting attacks as well. Im not suggesting he be launched into the sun, simply that maybe he not see the field much until the 2021 season starts

RevsRule repped this.
  5. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree but he's not the only one. Bou also loses the ball alot too

tsb11 repped this.
  6. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    For sure!

Bou has been very frustrating for exactly that reason

7. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, we go through times when it seems like no one can complete a pass (to someone in the same kit, anyway).

8. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I think Bou's been pushed into a role that isn't natural for him. He's having to do more to create his own shot, which leads to a lot more ball-handling than there should be.

I don't disagree that he's been maddeningly bad at turning over the ball at times, but I think all would be fixed by using him as a target rather than a creator.

9. tsb11

tsb11 Member+

United States
    May 31, 2018
    Well, in 4 games with Lee on the field Bou didnt exactly start looking better