P/I/P Match 15: Revs @ MIA, Wed 07/21/21 7:30p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jul 20, 2021.

1. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm mostly away from New England so watch the games on ESPN+ which always uses the home team feed. Ray was trying to be a homer, but he couldn't stop talking about the Revs in Blaugrana-esque terms. He does know the game and couldn't say enough about Gil and the pleasure in watching him on the ball.

2. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In heat like that you want to score early because both sides will be exhausted by the end. Glad the Revs scored early and very often, though Miami did look threatening in the first 10 minutes and if any of those had been on target we may be in a very different mood this morning.

rkupp repped this.
  3. frankieg73

frankieg73 Member

New England Revolution
    Portugal
    Apr 8, 2001
    St. Petersburg, FL (not my choice)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hudson is often a joy to hear but I wonder if he's showing his age. There were moments last night where he tried to apply his creative phrasing but after he got half way through he realized he talked himself into a corner with complete gibberish, acknowledged his error, then stopped.

4. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    #29 A Casual Fan, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Lots of good performances last night, exciting to watch. Good to see top-of-roster guys AND reserves all put on a good show.

At the same time, I'm trying to stay even-keeled, as it is hard to overlook the other half of the context - just how awful and passive Inter Miami was

(also remaining even-keeled for now given how the Revs, despite being a "good" team, aren't yet consistent enough against teams very low in standings).

Inter Miami looked like Revs did at low points of Friedel's tenure, or during the summer swoons under Heaps like the ATL 7-0 beatdown.

asctester repped this.
  5. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Surprised to see Traustason on the right and right-center, but it seemed to give him a big lift.

A Casual Fan and NFLPatriot repped this.
  6. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of firsts for the Revs: first game in "Miami", first win in Miami, and the first time Federico Higuain came into a game and didn't score against them!! :D

The Revs played well after again another slow start. I'm not sure why this team doesn't get off to a better start. In their losses and ties, they have a tendency to give up early goals. The Revs have played 15 games, they have given up 18 goals, of which only 5 goals have been in the second half. Those 5 goals occurred in just 3 games. And one of those shouldn't have counted...Philly!! Teams are going to realize that they need to jump all over the Revs in the first few minutes of the game. Miami tried but they couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. 1 shot on goal the entire game is pretty pathetic.

7. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    Prophetic.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They mentioned during the TV38 broadcast that the Revs haven't scored 6 in a game since 2004 (6-1 at home vs Colorado).

I remembered a wild game with the Metrostars in 2005, but Revs lost that one 5-4.

I checked the "biggest winning margin" list, and the Revs have never won by six goals, although they appear on the loser side 3 times: 0-7 to ATL (2017), 0-6 to CHI (2000) and 0-6 to RSL (2009).

The last time the Revs netted 5 goals was at home vs MIN in 2017 (5-2).

patfan1 repped this.
  9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States