P/I/P Match 14: Revs @ ATL, Sat 07/17/21 5:00p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jul 13, 2021.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I mentioned a few games ago when he finished a chance and we won 1-0. I just wish he did a better job on these opportunities, because I really feel like he's getting a lot of chances each game.

As mostly everyone has said, pretty lackluster performance, especially against a team that was missing so many players. But usually we somehow blow that type of game, so it's nice to see that we got the three points. Really not much else to say outside of that.

Also, anyone else feel like the entire ESPN story about this game was Josef Martinez? I almost expected to see a RIP Martinez towards the end of the game.

rkupp repped this.
  2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I don't think so, myself.

Yes, there was the clear mistake against Toronto, but then on the 2nd goal, he barely got off the ground on a shot from distance.

Then against Atlanta, can you really say you weren't holding your breath just about any time Atlanta shot on goal? He just looks slow and not real confident. I know it's tough comparing him to Turner at this point, but even comparing Knighton to Knighton of a couple of years ago, he just seems to be missing some quickness/athleticism and the confidence that comes with it.

He has gone a long time between starts, so he may be still rounding into form - I sure hope so, otherwise ...

BERich repped this.