P/I/P Game 21: LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders 11/4/20, 8 PT on Unimas

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A definite improvement! Dom has really shown us something in his 2 games.

TrickHog repped this.
  2. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well glad this nightmare is over. I won't waste time or breath on what I assume the club thinks is football, it ain't! So 1st and foremost Klein needs to go I'm sorry he's a cool guy to have a couple of beers with but sucks as team president. Next everyone (just like gary oldman in the professional) needs to be let go except like someone mentioned Araju. I don't care if we eat 15 million javier you're fired! Pavon sorry che but not gonna pay 20 mill, Jona you got until the summer transfer window to show us something or you're out! Now thanks dom you can stick around if you want but get me Keano in now! Not after the new year or after the holidays I said NOW damn it! We can't waste time with indecision. Let's give pink slips and start building the way Keano wants to . Get everyone signed and sealed by end of January, in February start 2 a days, begin the 2021 season with blistering pace and never look back. Oh and if there is anyone not down with that or the way Keano runs the squad? Don't let the door hit you in your pansy ass on the way out! I'm sick of it! Let's get back to where we belong no more Mr. Nice all inclusive, diverse and all that crap club, we are elite and a cut above we are not like anyone else we are the standard of football in this country let's start acting like we have a pair (ovaries included ladies).

ProudNatRN, JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, getting beaten by three or four goals would have been more of the same. Going toe to toe with a very good Seattle team is something that would not have happened this year under GBS. Just further evidence that DTK was way too slow on the trigger and handed Dom the reins of a lost cause. Yes, the late late goal looked like Galaxy in years past. But it was still a step up for the 2020 team.

ProudNatRN, Berks, 73Bruin and 6 others repped this.
  4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly I was referring to missing the playoffs.

5. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I think @TheCadaver's take is very good. A team missing two DPs, starting Zubak, Bingham, Kitchen, Yony and Pipo outplayed the current MLS Cup champions for long periods of time. I think this was one of our best performances of the season (low bar, granted) and, excepting that we needed a win here, this would be a good result under normal circumstances. It also shows how badly GBS under-performed.

It was nice to see Hernandez get his goal and it was well-worked. It's the build-up and combinations we really want to see more often. Guy seems to have good rapport with his teammates, so hopefully something to build on. I'm sure having the young Alvarez combine with Hernandez made AEG have to collectively change their pants, but it was nice to see.

Yony is athletic but seemed a step behind everyone else in his passing. Hard to judge the guy, as he's still adjusting to his team and hadn't played for months prior to that, but he routinely kinda overlooked what seemed like simple opportunities to spring Pavon or other players, instead passing it back. On some occasions, it's like he clearly saw the pass and made the safer one instead. So maybe still getting to know / trust his team?

That pass from Lletget for Zubak's gilded chance was my pass of the match. I don't give the guy credit some times, but I'm glad he got the armband. In a team that's been up and down and a lockeroom that's had to withstand some big personalities, I've always felt Seb turned in an honest shift every time he came out, no matter what position he's asked to play. He hasn't always had great performances, but he never just hangs his head or goes thru the motions -- and that's saying a lot in a really bad team. He deserves a championship before his time as a G is over.

ProudNatRN, skydog, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Seattle was missing five starters and is currently in a bad streak (just one win in the last six games). We were the better and the most effective team, but our opponent was not that good.

I saw (big) improvement but the bar was very low. I'm afraid that with Dom, the better is the enemy of the good. Just in the two games he has coached, he already made a few errors (Bingham over Klinsmann? Using Feltscher twice when you need to protect a goal? Subs happening too late against Seattle?). To be honest with Dom, it should be fairer to see him with a better squad.

ProudNatRN and TrickHog repped this.
  7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New report is that Klinsmann was injured. But don't know if it was a real injury or a Chicharito "injury".

The Cadaver and JPAR repped this.
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I saw it too, I was referring to the RSL game where Klinsmann was indeed on the bench.

Overall Dom has turned a lot to the veterans since the coaching change. No Klinsmann, DePuy, Traore, Harvey, Efrain, Koreniuk... All could have had an argument for a starting spot. So far it has worked.

TrickHog repped this.
  9. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, shitseason is over finally, let's wait for FO to start building foundation for another shitty season :)

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My SOS comment mainly applied to the 93’ goal. LA Galaxy - crushing hopes since 2017.

TrickHog repped this.
  11. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I am making a list and checking it twice.

OUT:
    Kljestan
    Cuello
    Feltcher
    Giancarlo
    Corona
    Bingham
    Zubak
    Depuy*
    Steres
    Wild*
    Insua*

*Depends on how much they make.

IN:
    Anybody under/up-to legal drinking age.
    Pavon - If something can be worked out that doesn't involve tens of millions
    Jonathan - negotiated down to TAM
    Araujo
    Klinsmann - Only as a backup. He is clearly not ready to start.

73Bruin, skydog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  12. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #137 El Futbolisimo, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Oh yeah, left the best for last. :)

Yony - Tricky, do we have a large enough sample of him playing at the level he can
    once in form and adapted to this team? He was bought up by Benfica on January of 2020 and he is here on loan for the remainder of season. Do we make arrangements for another season or give him back?

Chicharito - Just paid ten to transfers him. Another 18 million guaranteed for the next 3. Does not seem like he is going anywhere. Do not expect the FO to eat another large contract.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...confident-javier-chicharito-hernandez-charles

Add Kitchen to OUT list.

13. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All depends on new coach, knowing our FO i don't expect the right hire. Most likely they will hire some European washout or MLS washout.

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  14. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    While I agree with your feelings about many of these players, there are those pieces of paper called contracts and several of them have contracts that have years to run. I don't think that the roster turnover will be close to what you are proposing.

MPNumber9, ragbone, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Of course. All this is all tongue in cheek as to what I would do if this was my team. If I owned it. Mentioned before, as you will remember, was that Galaxy has very deep pockets and eating a few of these contracts would be fine for the betterment of the team and resurrection of Galaxy's distinction in the league. We would find the players new homes in trades I believe. For most part, all the OUT guys are not complete losers just some not fitting in or time to renew with others.

Just noticed I also left out Lletget. I think it's my mind playing tricks. I have mixed feelings about him. We have seen him for the longest time not making much of his playing time but then there was that streak of really great performance by him so I am at a loss to pull the trigger on him. Probably I would give him one more season. :thumbsdown:

natfaninla and TrickHog repped this.
  16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think we are as bad as we look. GBS did the players no favors, his formations did not complement his players and he did very little tactically to help them. We need an upgrade on defense. I think Kitchen needs to go and I think we need a better goalie. Lletget has been solid and stable in the middle, in his defense, I think he has been moved around in position basically every game this year. Players need stability and direction and time to be at their best.

Let's bring in a leader at CB, let Araujo take RB and get a better goalie. Replace Kitchen and add a target CF for Chich to play off of and I think we can be a contender (Pavon needs to stay). We need a great coach who stresses a system of play that fits the players. This is quite doable in the off season.

El Futbolisimo, napper, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.