P/I/P Game 20: LA Galaxy vs RSL 11/1/20, 7:30 PT on Spectrum Sportsnet and ESPN+

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.08.44 AM.png

The second Dom Kinnear interim era begins with the first of three must-win games in order to keep our playoff hopes on life support. The first time around he fell 1-point shy of getting the Galaxy into the playoffs by going 3-1-2 in his 6 games in charge. Can he go 3-0 this time? Does he make radical lineup changes or just small tactical adjustments? Do we finally stop playing a high-line? Is Chicharito magically healed and available to play now that GBS is gone? Tune in Saturday night to find out the answers to all these questions and more....

Berks, skydog, kaburu and 3 others repped this.
  2. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    More importantly than is Chicharito healed, is the questions of whether he plays and if so is he effective. A slow ineffective sour pea would be a repeat of the failed effort that we have seen from him all year. If he is available and Dom doesn't start him, then that gives credence to the idea that he is a locker room cancer, just doesn't have it any than or both.

kaburu, TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I give you an A+ for marketing @TrickHog -- you managed to make this crap fest sound like something I would want to watch. Have you ever considered a side gig with QVC? Cause if you can market this year's Galaxy, you can sell anything!

MPNumber9, TrickHog and JPAR repped this.
  4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm prepping to try to sell my new film!

:)

MPNumber9, hav77, skydog and 1 other person repped this.
  5. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Funny how we go from being negative and frustrated that game threads were being put up a couple hours before matches to 3 days in advance! Even if we don't know who or what's going to happen, the relief is palpable. Hope is renewed today godammit ! :thumbsup:

GO GALAXY ! ! !

hav77 repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you're watching...on Sunday.

shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn it, you ruined my plan to avoid disappointment.

:D

Berks, shelbo, 2in10 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd love to see us go out there with a 3-4-3. I know it's a little crazy, but with how attack minded Araujo and Insua are, I think this would work.

----------------------Chicharito----------------------

--------Pavon-------------------------Lletget-------

---Insua------Corona-----Jonathan------Araujo----

------------Steres-----Gonzalez----Depuy-----------

---------------------Klinnsmann----------------------

MPNumber9, TrickHog, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Dom just said Chicharito is out. He hasn't been at practice all week. If there was an MRI, Kinnear hasn't seen it. What a joke Chich is.

shelbo, ShortyMac, kaburu and 4 others repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So this is Javier “trying to do better”? Hate to see him try doing worse.

shelbo, 73Bruin, MPNumber9 and 4 others repped this.
  11. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The MRI thing is such a red flag. I hope we ship him off. Obviously a club cancer. We can do better.

ShortyMac, MPNumber9, kaburu and 3 others repped this.
  12. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same Bat time, same Bat channel. Hopefully the re-new Bat inspires the rest of the roost to greater things.

TrickHog and hav77 repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given his play, staying out of the lineup could be his biggest contribution.

Berks, shelbo, 2in10 and 9 others repped this.
  14. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pull down those Chicharito billboards, False advertising. And I would like to have Chicharito looking up at an Ethan Zubak billboard. Two can play at the disrespect game.

2in10, Skevin, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.
  15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    It will be interesting to see what reaction comes out of this team now that the pulled the trigger on Schelotto. Last time around after Sigi there was a surge under Dom's first on interim stint that was very pleasant to say the least if not a day late and a dollar short. This usually happens as coaches get fired and teams feel some pressure off them and play more relaxed and are more effective.

I don't really care about playoff chances at this point. Just watching the team to see how they do collectively and pencilling in the useless players that are just drawing a check.

To be honest, the Chicharito situation is what it is now that the blunder is done and contract signed. Its either gonna get dealt with or not. Nothing to do now but give it time. He's not going anyplace anytime soon and more then likely he will be given next season before anything is done. Just a gut feeling or all this candy I've been swiping from the kids in the guise of checking it out.

Berks, 2in10, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  16. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if things are going to get any better, but this Galaxy team has been tough to watch. Of course part of that is that I ditched Spectrum last year and don't have the channel anymore, but even when I have gotten to watch the games, it's been bad. Most of the days, I just didn't care that I couldn't watch.

Here's to hoping things turn around. It's been a long 5 years.

shelbo, ShortyMac, 2in10 and 5 others repped this.
  17. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Dom is limited in his choices, but I hope to see a better team vibe tonight. I mean, that’s gonna be tough since the season is basically over.

But, there’s a chance.

2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  18. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing how the team plays tonight will really tell us how many problems of the past few months were exacerbated by GBS. The last few games they sure looked like a team that had turned their back on the coach, but I guess tonight we will really see....

MPNumber9, 73Bruin, 2in10 and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    With no Chicharito, I kind of hope Augustine Williams or Koreniuk gets the start.

Or hell keep the 3-4-3 idea and put Yonni Gonzalez up top put I really want to see him play RW aka his real spot...

ShortyMac repped this.
  20. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dom goes to a 4-4-2 lineup tonight. Before Dom took over as interim in 2018, Sigi had been running a 3-4-3 most of the time in the previous few months with Lletget or Dos Santos (Gio, but also Jona once) sitting below Ola and Zlatan in his first choice lineup (although he had the two forward lineup even when Zlatan was unavailable). When Dom took over after a 6-2 loss to RSL, his first lineup was a 4-3-3 (in a 5-3 loss to Toronto), but he switched to a 4-4-2 for a 3-0 win over Seattle and basically kept it for the last month of the season. His central midfield pairing was pretty consistently Lletget and Dos Santos and he kept Steres and Romney as the consistent central defenders (In Sigi's 3 man backline, he had been using people like Ciani and Skjelvik as the middle center defender).

It's a little different this time since our roster is weak on true forwards, but a formation where the outside backs aren't bombing up the wings all the time might help our defense. Moreover, it's not like we have a true target striker. You might as well have a couple of players play off each other than try to see if Yony can fit that role.

Berks, hav77, 2in10 and 1 other person repped this.
  21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ----------------Zubak
    Pavon--------Efrain-----------Yony
    --------Lletget---------JDS
    Insua---Depuy---Steres---Araujo
    ---------------Klinsmann

Tell them to hustle and bust ass or they get yanked 20 minutes into the game (thank you 5 subs).

Koreniuk, Corona, Kljestan, Harvey and Dunbar as the potential subs.

MPNumber9 and 2in10 repped this.
  22. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the bust it or sit it imperative.

23. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect team to play better tonight, to show some heart at least, but Klinsmann still a rookie, not sure if he can play well under such pressure. So let's hope our offense can press Magic Underpants hard.

2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MPNumber9, 2in10 and hav77 repped this.
  25. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I’m a little disappointed, but the reality is that there isn’t much Dom can do with our players.

If he can change the attitude and add some fight, I’ll be happy.

skydog, 2in10, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.