P/I/P Game 2: Vancouver @ L.A. Galaxy, SATURDAY 3/7/20, 7:00pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Skevin, Mar 5, 2020.

1. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrible. Serious questions to ask of Schelotto at this point. 2nd time losing to an awful Vancouver at home in 6 months.

This team is just much, much poorer than sum the of its parts.

El Futbolisimo, kaburu, mbar and 6 others repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #152 The Beautiful Gamer, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    The thing is that Katai has great stats. On paper he should be on par with Allesandrini. I can't believe that the dude was a DP last year. I mean he has been carded in 3 of the last 4 games and he has been subbed early each time because of it or because he was winded. This is unacceptable. I mean Sasha is older than him and can go the whole 90. We just can't have this as a problem out of a 29 year old.

We might want to try the following attack lineup once everyone is healthy and out of card trouble.

Pavon---Javier---Llegett
    -----------Sasha
    Corona-----------Jonathan

El Futbolisimo and ProudNatRN repped this.
  3. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Katai has been a big step down from healthy Romain so far. Lletget has been an upgrade for him each time he's come it.

ShortyMac and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  4. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That was absolute bullshit. Credit for what Vancouver did— don’t fault them in the least for that game plan. It shows they have a strategy and tactic in mind— but that was BS.

a sell out crowd and we lay the biggest stinkiest shittiest egg you can lay. If Pete Vagenas cloned himself and made up a team of 11 players. That’s the nicest thing I can say about this.

We do not have a midfield. We lack creativity. We lack guts. Two games in and this looks like a team that won’t compete for the playoffs. KC dismantled Houston tonight btw..

I’ll say it. Fire GBS. Find a coach that can strategize. Find a coach that can adjust. Find a coach that can get our DP more than 5 touches in the first half (!!!!!).

Depuy is good. No need to beg an Argentinian for a defender. Spend money on a player that can pass the ball, or shoot. You know what? I’d settle for someone who can identify the opposing goal as the target.

5. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    OMG we are terrible!

1. Fire GBS. I keep saying this - we have no identity at all. That was literally a GU12 game of get the ball to Pavon no matter where he is on the pitch and then stand and watch him try to beat everyone.WTF

2.Chicharito did nothing at all. He has no speed, he can't take anybody on, he is too small to play a holding CF. I was expecting Robbie Keane, instead we have Pablo Angel in his last year with the Galaxy. He never gets open. Where are the goals going to come from? We have no goal scorer.

3.Why are we starting Sascha and Katai when it's clear neither is a 90 minute player. Two midfielders who can't go 90 - that's on the GBS and there is no excuse for it. Sascha was done at 60 minutes (looked good in the first half).

4. The halftime sub of Perry Kitchen killed us. We became ultra defensive and utterly predictable. Plus it left Sascha to run the whole middle. Dude is 34, legs are gone. At 60 minutes you could see Vancouver take over the midfield, that goal was coming, it's on GBS.

I have been a season ticket holder since day one, tonight I am beyond being angry, I'm asking myself why I continue to make the effort to go to every game to watch the same crap. This was not a team tonight, not even close.

6. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

7. ProudNatRN

ProudNatRN Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jun 10, 2002
    Norwalk, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  8. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or better yet, on a plane back to Europe.

JPAR and kaburu repped this.
  9. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say what? :confused:
    Just no... :ROFLMAO:

10. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you not see last week's season opener? Because that one was no better.

11. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last season, while I loved Zlatan's wonderful goals, I thought the team just somehow looked unbalanced and thought it must be Zlatan to blame. But couldn't figure out exactly why.

Well, now I know it had nothing to do with Zlatan. He single-handedly dragged this sorry group into the playoffs.

ShortyMac, Beirut, Baysider and 2 others repped this.
  12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop. The. Crossing. Insanity.

In particular from Rolf's side because apparently he still can't hit a target.

Frustrated. After watching MLS's CCL games we are faaaarrrrrr from looking like one of the front runners.

1. The fullbacks pushing up is fine, but hey have to result in low squared crosses into the box rather than the loopy crosses to nowhere (actually, usually to a member of the opponent's defense).
    2. Rolf ball watching on Vancouver's goal. And Lletget loafing when he should have been marking.
    3. Gonzalez has been garbage.
    4. Nice penalty save, David Bingham. Crappy PK, but hey, a kick save is a kick save.
    5. I wasn't as hard on Katai as the rest of you. It might be because I don't know much about his background. I was thinking eventually some of his shots would go in and I liked that he tried, but once I read the skydog's stats about how little they've actually hit the target before, I'm re-thinking things. But I didn't think he was the problem and at least he tracked back defensively.
    6. Pavon my MOTM two weeks in a row. He's passionate, and he's the only offense we've got right now. Well, minus Insua who seems to be working well with Pavon.
    7. Disappinted in Kjlestan. He looks old and slow and does nothing with the ball (except apparently turn the ball over with some dumb back heels).
    8. Hope JDS is okay.
    9. Chicharito can't do anything with our current strategy. That's on the coaching staff.
    10. Worried about said coaching staff like everyone else. We seriously look out of ideas, and I'm starting to think nothing will change.

Blegh.

13. pirozhok

pirozhok Member+

United States
    Jul 20, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defense and midfield, and offense all were much shittier tonite than I expected. 1 shot on goal, team is a total shit right now.

FlapJack repped this.
  14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a very familiar feeling after a Galaxy game. Not a good one. The second half was horrible - we had no clue at either end of the field. We push up and then give away the ball in the back and Vancouver played us perfectly. Vancouver.

JPAR and The Cadaver repped this.
  15. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    What I was thinking was- Pavon is playing like he wants somebody to notice him and get him the hell out this team- lol

Katai and Kljestan… what can be said? I still hope its just rust but Katai looks uninterested. Kljestan looks burnt out.

Agree that Chicharito without service is nothing so Guillermo better get his ass in gear and MAKE it happen or we are dead in the water, yet AGAIN!

Was never a huge fan of signing Javier for this exact reason. He needs to be a in a situation where he is not the sole goal provider but, as has been pointed out by others, a poacher. You rely on him to make things happen or be a big part of play making up top or some sort of creative individuality like PAvon and you in for a very long wait.

The FO and coaching staff chose this guy so now we have to make the team an environment he can flourish in. No two ways about it.

Vancouver!!!! for the love of God!

JPAR, ShortyMac, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  16. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    This is another home loss to a weaker team. There has been a shockingly high number of it since last year. Get beaten at home by Conor Casey's Colorado, Bruce's Revolution, San Jose, and Dos Santos's Whitecaps twice is unacceptable.

17. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doyle hits the nail on the head this week.

18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. You guys have said it all. Anyone catch any postgame comments from our team on last night?

last night’s game indicates a terrible season ahead. And, really, we don’t really have viable options on the bench to try to mix things up. This roster seems very ride or die on like 15 players. Feels like we are going to die.

sigh.

ps- the stadium was full last night. People were pumped. The fans brought it.
    The team...

19. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    How about those Lakers?

Beakmon FC, The Beautiful Gamer and mbar repped this.
  20. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article in the LA Times this morning said Chicharito skipped the post-game press-conference, and I quote: "Two games into his move to the Galaxy and Javier Hernandez was already in hiding. How pathetic."
    GBS said he was more concerned about not winning than whether Chicharito scores or not, and "we can't force it, the goals will come".

21. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone on here still think that signing Chicharito was more of a prize than LAFC getting Vela?

22. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I can understand it. He must know every other Mexican in MLS coming in this year has now scored, including Vela. That has to be hard on Javier. He knows the service sucks and the team is slow, sloppy and unfocussed. He won't say that so he just thought F-it. Go home and don't think about this mess.

Guillermo better start getting concerned. Winning and having Javier score go hand in hand. Guillermo is the one I want to hear from right now. It's his team and should be doing all the explaining. Somebody tip off Dom to start taking notes. We may need his services again.

The Beautiful Gamer, kaburu and JPAR repped this.
  23. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying not to be apocalyptic, but I feel like this team does nothing but generate bad karma lately. It is really starting to remind me of a toxic company that loses all its best people, then goes down the spiral of only being able to attract more and more questionable talent. The careers that have been damaged or come to an inauspicious end in the last few years: AJ, Gerrard, Keane (didn't get a proper goodbye) Onalfo, Jelle, Cole (who had to beg for money he was promised), poor Sigi, Vagenas (put in position to fail), and so on. We used to be a club that sent people off to better circumstances. Players wanted to come back.

So I really hope the story of Chicharito's last few seasons as a pro aren't spent failing to live up to expectations and dodging the media, because that would really do the opposite of everything LA is trying to achieve with this signing.

24. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #174 Pennsylvania Dave, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Fire fan bombing in here <ducks> to say Katai was my favorite Fire player last year. I didn't see the match but heard Katai was sucking it up. The thing with him is the guy absolutely can suck one game then score some absolute stunners the very next game or go silent for a length of time and when it matters single handedly change the game with a mind blowing defense dismantling dribble. We were all disappointed to see him go for what it is worth. I wouldn't give up on him after one outing because that's the essential frustrating thing with him is the inconsistency. When he's "in the zone" and playing with confidence he's an unbelievable game changer, exciting as hell to watch and he had quite a few free kick scorchers here as well. 12 goals 5 assists in 2018 and only 6 goals 7 assists in 2019 but it seemed so much higher from memory. If 2nd assists were a thing in MLS there'd be a ton of those. Anyway, Good luck with that. I love the dude.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/01/02/why-aleksandar-katai-could-be-steal-la-galaxy-ben-baer

Berks, Beakmon FC, MPNumber9 and 10 others repped this.
  25. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See: Barca's current problem, change Pavon to Messi.

The Beautiful Gamer, Beirut and JPAR repped this.