P/I/P Game 16: LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers 07/30/21, 7 PT on ESPN

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 28, 2021.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 5.36.03 PM.png

Coming off their worst loss of the season, the Galaxy return home after a 3-game road trip and look to right the ship vs. the Portland Timbers. We will still be short-handed with our US and Mexican internationals gone, but fingers crossed some of the injured players are back...

Let's Go Galaxy!!

2in10, hav77 and MPNumber9 repped this.
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Sega is back but Chicha is not.

Portland is a good team. Fingers crossed.

3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Why apparently? What have you heard? Yeah, Portland has been slowly improving and now they have Blanco back and from what little I saw of him, he is good to go. A little rust but that same drive.

In general I wish Galaxy was more upfront with their information regarding the condition of the players. It is very frustrating how cryptic or downright deceitful they are regarding this stuff. By now they know what is up. Just tell the people. we can take it.

At this point nobody knows nothing. Did they take him out with a bothersome feeling like they said as a precautionary move or has this dude developed some sort of re-ocurring and/or chronic condition with that calf muscle? It is the same calf that took him out last year for a month or so. Same thing this year. :rolleyes:

2in10, hav77, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.
  4. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2in10, footballfantatic, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  5. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Don't play Vazquez at striker again please. Stick Zubak in there. I know Zubak is not great, but at least he is a real #9. We missed that against Dallas.

Just hope we can get a win.

2in10, LEM-LAG, El Futbolisimo and 4 others repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We play better at home and if Sega is back we have a good shot at winning this. Still without Chich our scoring is sketchy so we need our defense to tighten up. We need to get some of those sweet 1-0 and 2-1 wins.

7. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Our new forward can't get here soon enough. Really tough to win these games with no true scoring threat. Portland can basically go all out against us without too much worry. Would really like to see Cabral figuring his game out and get a goal.

El Futbolisimo and hav77 repped this.
  8. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep this is game will easily result in another loss if our overall defending is crap. So we can not play both Sasha and Victor in the midfield at the same time as they have played to many back to back full games and will surely not be able to go hard beyond 45 minutes. That being said, I do feel we should try Vasquez as a False 9 once more. Him doing his best Messi impression again will absolutely get us at least one goal on the scoreboard so long as our wingers make their runs. That and if we get another FIFA Power Header from Raveloson we can do what we should have done in Texas.

Cabral---------------^------------Grandsir
    -------------------Vasquez
    Saldana----------------------------Dunbar
    -------------------Raveloson
    Villifana----Williams---Sega----Araujo

El Futbolisimo and hav77 repped this.
  9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Fate has been kind to the team. Within a week Galaxy could find itself in 6th place.

Sad news coming out of Mexico. Jonathan and Gio's dad the famous Zizihno has passed away due to Covid 19. He was 59.

"El mundo del futbol mexicano está de luto. Francisco Geraldo Dos Santos Javier “Zizinho”, padre de Jonathan y Gio, falleció este jueves a la edad de 59 años por causas que aún no han sido reveladas. Se trata de uno de los exfutbolistas de América y padre de los hermanos Dos Santos."

skydog, 2in10, napper and 5 others repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks. Covid has just been horrible.

skydog, 2in10, El Futbolisimo and 2 others repped this.
  11. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #12 El Futbolisimo, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Tragic. Makes you appreciate your loved ones even more. Jona is warming up for the Canada match. He has chosen to stay with the team. Probably the professionalism his dad instilled in him. Keep in mind this happened last night.

Correction: This happened today. Jeez

skydog, 2in10, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna be at a screening of my new short film on the east coast tomorrow night, so I'll miss the game, but I hope to catch the replay online later that night or the next morning. I hope it's a good one!

skydog, El Futbolisimo and hav77 repped this.
  13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard he passed on the telecast but not of what. 59 is so young. Tragedy. :(

skydog, 2in10, El Futbolisimo and 2 others repped this.
  14. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both my parents had it and both ended up in the hospital. My poor sister caught it twice. Now the Delta Variant is out here and because of its viral load it can spread way faster than the original alpha version. I am glad the J&J vaccine is great at taking out mutant strains.
    I watched the game between Mexico and Canada saw how everyone was rallying behind Jonathan. My prayers go out the Captain and his family. I wonder if he is going to want to play in the Final now?

TrickHog, skydog, 2in10 and 3 others repped this.
  15. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On paper, I liked the Vazquez as False 9 idea. But, I agree that we can’t have him and Sacha together.

I’d love for Vanney to stress defense this time. I know we upgraded with players. But, team defense needs some coaching.

I’ll be there tonight.

I’m not hopeful and I’d be happy with a draw.

Galaxy!

TrickHog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  16. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have a pretty accurate read on our team’s capabilities and am predicting a win, loss or draw.

TrickHog and MPNumber9 repped this.
  17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good luck with your screening Trick. Win more awards and stay as safe as you can.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Well, those who didn’t want Vasquez as a false 9 got their wish, but Kjlestan and Vasquez are still starting. Only other change of note is that DePuy rotates in for Steres.

TrickHog repped this.
  19. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Here we go. Do or die!

TrickHog repped this.
  20. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    So Sega doesnt get to start. Hopefully we get to see him in there before the game has gone to pot.

TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Meh….we are missing a lot of talent on the field. Not terrible lineup, not a great one either.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm more annoyed that our bench is "meh". Who can we bring on that's a game changer? I miss having a Gordon. Sure he never scored every game, but that 90 + 1' header was always a possibility...

TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  23. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Cabral, Grandsir and Zubak need to find their scoring shoes.

TrickHog and Bilgediver repped this.
  24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Missing 3 National Team level players will do that.

TrickHog repped this.