P/I/P Game 14: LA Galaxy at RSL 07/21/21, 7 PT on Spectrum SportsNet

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 20, 2021.

1. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yes. As MP9 mentioned, LAFC lost last night against a highly motivated Portland with Blanco back in action. I saw the last 20 minutes or so of that with Timbers snatching all 3 points away from the Goats in dramatic fashion in the last few seconds of the match. Very tragic... :sneaky:

We are still in third place in the West. KC was kept to a tie by San Jose. Seattle bastards play tonight against a scrappy Austin who just might turn into a trap game for Sounders. Let me know if you need a link to watch that match.

The one that concerns me is Colorado. Those guy have been quietly crafting a good team and won last night v Dallas. They have a game in hand over Galaxy and are but a point away from leaving us in their dust.

I do wish Vanney was right about Chicha coming back this weekend and if Sega is good to go, I will be very relieved. We need help!

hav77, TrickHog, skydog and 2 others repped this.
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey hey let's not get too hasty there...

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  3. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All hail Klejstache!!

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  4. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Gregg tried. Julian turned him down. Some podcast interviewed and it came out as Julian wanted to stay with the Galaxy and keep playing consistent minutes. Gregg said he was left out because Julian wasn’t ready to make the decision on who to represent.

I think on current form he’s fighting for Reggie Cannon’s spot on the roster. Whether that’s back up RB or starting RB. I think Araujo’s ceiling is higher than Cannon’s, but Cannon has the edge on him right now.

JPAR, hav77, ProudNatRN and 2 others repped this.
  5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Villafana is very tidy on the ball and has historically been an assist machine. I think the season is wearing on him a bit though.

Amazing how far he’s come from his storybook origin story in MLS.

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed that he might be straight up tired.

And agreed on the comments on Dunbar. Kid does keep getting minutes, so Vanney must see something there.

TrickHog repped this.
  7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

Cabral has one more game to keep me on his side.
    I am jumping ship if he sucks this weekend.
    This game was a draw for 2 reasons.
    The fight of our midfield and Grandsir being our only forward willing to bust his butt to at least try to get the ball into dangerous spots.
    We lose this game without Grandsir, Sasha, Vasquez and Raveloson.
    I am not going to give Dunbar much grief. He is still really raw and rarely sees the game in general. If he is playing it's because beggars can't be choosers.
    We need a solid for real deal 2nd Striker. When our starters get back we will be better but that 2nd Striker hole is biting us yet again this year.
    The sooner we can fill it the better.
    Until then the below lineup is the best we could potentially put out with this roster.
    Just a matter of where you want to put Sebastian and Vasquez depending on the situation.

---------------------------Chicha
    Llegett---------------------------------------Grandsir
    -------------------------Vasquez
    -------------Raveloson-----------JDS
    Villafana---------Williams---Sega---------Araujo
    ----------------------------Bond

We need to actually beat Dallas so let's get this over with. Time to go to Texas!!

El Futbolisimo, shelbo, skydog and 3 others repped this.
  8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Cabral failing to finish doesn’t bother me as much as his lack of hustle. The latter is completely under his control. He’s not lazy but he’s not aggressive either. He should watch how hard Araujo plays and try to emulate.

9. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. He seems very indecisive. With his speed and technique, he could create a lot of danger just with pure hustle, but he always seems inbetween decisions.

10. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999

The Beautiful Gamer and skydog repped this.