PBP: P/I/P Game 13: LA Galaxy v. Houston Dynamo, 5/22/2015 at 7:30 PM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by hav77, May 18, 2015.

1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]
    Record: 3-5-4 (W-D-D-L-L-W-W-D-D-D-L-L), 14 pts, 7th in the West (-1 spot)

vs.

[​IMG]

Record: 4-4-4 (W-L-D-D-L-W-D-D-L-L-W-W), 16 pts, 5th in the West

Head-to-Head: 6-5-8
    Venue: Victoria Street
    Time: 7:30 PM PST
    TV: Univision Deportes

Last game: 3/21/2015

Inspirational photo of the week.
    [​IMG]

2. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to right the ship! If we aren't taking care of business on the road we damn well should be getting 3 points at home.

Hoping for a better result this time around vs Houston, I'm still bitter about the 2 points we let go week 3.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Irish man better be playing.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Houston looked very good against Portland. We looked very bad against Orlando. I recall the words of Bruce last year in Colorado – something along the lines of “we’re going to find out what kind of team we have now”

5. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Only if he's 100%. I would hate to rush him back as an overreaction to the Orlando game and then lose him for a longer stretch. I also would hate to have him rush back in an attempt to prove to the Irish coach that he is ready for national team selection, and then have him out for both. Our problems are deeper than just Keane.

hav77, The Cadaver and Berks repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I don't want to rush him back. But if he's ready, let's go. We are dire.

Benny Dargle repped this.
  7. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they may sit him out. It could rain on Friday, and I don't think wet grass meshes too well with a recovering groin injury.

I hope he does play though, I miss the little Irish guy :cry:

hav77 and Berks repped this.
  8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I read that he had already been selected for the Ireland squad.

9. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    He was on the preliminary list from which the manager will choose the final squad, but the final selections have yet to be made I believe.

The Cadaver repped this.
  10. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like the last time we saw him play was in 2014, that's how long it's been. Or what it feels like.

hav77 and The Cadaver repped this.
  11. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kinda do, too.

[​IMG]

LEM-LAG, Berks, 7E23 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's my lineup.

-------- Perk ---------

Rogers----AJ---Omar----Sorto

Vayrynen---Juni--Lletget---Mendiola

------Keane------Gordon------

bence : Gyasi, Ish, Leonardo, Villareal, Maganto, Garcia, Penedo.

Experiment time 2.0

now is the time to find 18 players who can play well enough to make this squad consistantly.

We are carrying roughly about 10 players on this team who have about 6 weeks to prove they are LA Galaxy material. After that bruce should be putting his Alexi Lalas (GM) hat on and moving some dudes out of the first squad and onto G2, other MLS teams, or onto Avalon Blvd getting the first Uber car outta dodge.

This team shouldn't be burdened with mediocrity ever. Those players can take "their" brand of football to another unfortunate set of eyeballs who have to watch and bare the lameness that is their game.

socluis90 repped this.
  13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Story up on MLS website that Keane is fully training again and will hopefully make the 18. And that Villareal is 100% and might get the start. Also says Gonzalez was held out on Sunday for precautionary reasons and will be ready to go on Friday, but Rogers and AJDLG are questionable...

Also Buddle and Walker are finally back training...

And that's your Galaxy injury report.

14. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just win boys 3 points must be ours!

15. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Perk is injured and out for the season.

16. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Los Angeles Galaxy v Houston Dynamo
    StubHub Center (10:30pm EDT)
    REF: ISMAIL ELFATH
    AR1: Ian Anderson
    AR2: Marco Arruda
    4TH: Alejandro Mariscal

17. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  19. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not looking forward to this one... Not looking forward to any until Gerrard is on the pitch and Bruce makes some changes

Hushx and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  21. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berks and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  23. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang that was a straight up Thug Life response LOL!!

24. edcrocker

edcrocker Member+

May 11, 1999
    According to Scott French, "A.J. DeLaGarza appears uncertain after missing training Tuesday and Wednesday. He's been playing with a foot injury that has bothered him since preseason."

Here is a link:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...eane-could-return-action-friday-vs-houston-af

If DeLaGarza is bothered by a nagging injury and Robbie Keane and Robbie Rogers are fully healthy, here is the line-up I would like to see the Galaxy start tomorrow:

--------------------------------------Penedo---------------------------------------

Gargan---------------Gonzales-------------------Leonardo------------Rogers

------------------------------Juninho------------Vayrynen-----------------------

Ishizaki-----------------------------------------------------------------------Husidic

-----------------------------------Zardes---------------Keane------------------------

1. Back Line

If DeLaGarza is not fully healthy, I would start Leonardo at center-back next to Omar Gonzales. Leonardo has played better than Tommy Meyer over the last three seasons and played much better than Meyer against Orlando on Sunday.

However, if DeLaGarza is fully healthy and played well today in training, I might start him (instead of Leonardo) next to Gonzales. I think DeLaGarza is a more proven, less mistake-prone MLS center-back than Leonardo. And, in the past, DeLaGarza has worked better with Omar Gonzales than Leonardo has.

If Rogers and DeLaGarza are not healthy enough to start, I would start Baggio Husidic at left back and Dan Gargan at right back. I’m pretty unfamiliar with Oscar Sorto, the other reasonable option at outside back. And I thought Husidic was not bad at left back against Orlando. He wasn’t clearly responsible for any of Orlando’s goals, and his passing seemed okay in the match.

But if Bruce Arena has good reason to believe that Sorto would play well tomorrow at right or left back, perhaps it wouldn’t be unreasonable for Arena to start Sorto at whichever outside back spot Sorto is more comfortable, and start Gargan at the other outside back spot. Husidic is inexperienced at outside back. And although Husidic was not bad at left back against Orlando, he didn’t look great there. For one thing, on the fourth goal, he didn’t do a particularly good job defending the cross that eventually led to the goal. Here is a link to video of the play:

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...ando-city-sc-vs-la-galaxy/details/video/38977

If Husidic does start at left back, then, assuming Jose Villarreal is healthy, I think Villarreal should start at left midfield. Villarreal played well there before his injury.

2. Mika Vayrynen

I thought Mika Vayrynen played decently against Orlando. His passing and decision-making were okay, and he was reasonably active. He also has played more games this season than Rafael Garcia (10 versus 6) and played significant minutes in more games this season than Garcia (9 versus 4). And, overall, Vayrynen and Garcia have played comparably this season. So, I’d start Vayrynen over Garcia.

I thought Sebastian Lletget was pretty good in his 21 minutes on Sunday. He passed the ball fairly well and made good decisions on the field. But I’d start Vayrynen over Lletget tomorrow. The former has much more experience than the latter and likely is more game-fit. Lletget also has very little experience with his teammates, and Vayrynen has a decent amount.

3. If Keane doesn’t Start

If Keane doesn’t start, I’d start Alan Gordon up front next to Gyasi Zardes. Gordon is the team’s leading scorer this season, and Edson Buddle is coming off an injury. Buddle also didn’t look good in his 18 minutes against the Red Bulls on April 15. He turned the ball over too much and wasn’t particularly active.