P/I/P Game 13: LA Galaxy "at" Vancouver Whitecaps 07/17/21, 7 PT on Spectrum SportsNet

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because we have nobody else?
    They're trotting out Augstine to see how he is but Greg doesn't trust him as much as Ethan.

And Ethan did come close a few times.

FlapJack and TrickHog repped this.
  2. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zubak is a good MLS third choice striker. Not his fault we are making him be the number two.

Berks, El Futbolisimo, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  3. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t see a thread:
    Is the only way to watch LAG ESPN+?
    I have Xfinity.
    My apologies for the slight derail.
    Thank you.

4. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I agree. With Chicha it's at least 2-0 at halftime. Problem is Zubak can't finish but we have relied on him for being the backup striker for the last two years. Right now I would kill for a Alan Gordon or a Chris Pontius.

skydog, JPAR, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  5. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Local broadcast is Spectrum Sportsnet, so you need that if you are in the SoCal market. If you are outside of SoCal, local games are carried on ESPN+ (this is the same for all MLS markets).

mbar, Tifoso and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  6. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

UGH!!!
    What a perfect example of an utter collapse.
    The ride we were on this game got slippery when Vasquez and Sasha started to get beat for pace in the midfield and begin to cause turnovers.

Then Grandsir picked up a knock began getting beat and also started turning the ball over as well.

The wheels came off the ride completely the minute we pulled Raveloson.
    At that point it was only a matter of time before we ended up in a ditch.

Our playmakers were effectively out of the game at minute 70 and our subs weren't committed to basic man-marking or holding basic defensive formation; causing Vancouver to stay dangerous for the rest of the game while we played with our backs to their goal from minute 70 to the last whistle.

Our depth failed us this game folks and legs of our old men in the midfield finally caught up to us.

shelbo, Geneva, Bilgediver and 1 other person repped this.
  7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got Xfinitiy also so ESPN+ or come to these forums to find an online stream. I post them whenever I get a chance. Lately been finding really good ones on YouTube.

8. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I truly appreciate it, sir!

9. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then get somebody else, perhaps?

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  10. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it's not Zubak's fault. If I were him I would make the most of every moment of playing time in MLS, because I would surely realize my time is limited. Have to put this one on Vanney for not having a plan B behind Chicharito.

JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  11. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea the YouTube streams surprise me. I think it'll only be a matter of time before someone catches the poster and stops.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  12. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed this game - a good one to miss it seems. Weekend soccer for Galaxy and US Men was underwhelming/disappointing. What an opportunity to gain ground on Seattle, who lost to Minnesota.

skydog, ProudNatRN, Berks and 3 others repped this.
  13. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    We did, their names are Grandsir and Cabral.

14. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    #139 El Futbolisimo, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    At least the Nats have an excuse. Canada is a good team and maybe a dark horse in the GC.

Galaxy played a dead horse. Between Vanney and the guys, managed to prop it up, slap some wheels on its legs and quickly got run over by it. Seattle lost their first game of the year and KC was tied by Austin. We would be in second place right now and within striking distance of Seattle going forward. Instead we are now level in games with both of them and Rapids and LAFC biting at our heels. More than that, the shitshow is back. I thought we were done with that version of Galaxy but no. Basically playing with zero DPs for a long while. And mr magoo is regressing. Completely lost now. All we need now is Jona, Efra or Lletget to be injured in GC and I am folding up my tent.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Honestly we looked like a team that has barely played with one another out there. No one really stepped up and controlled the game. We looked completely complacent after the first goal, and really seemed to have given up all hope of going for a 2nd. The dull play mixed with basically 0 fans there made this a horrible watch. Maybe the players felt the same way I did. It was so eerily quiet, and my hype to watch the match died slowly as the match went on.

It's pretty clear our team lacks depth, but to be fair, look at how many crucial pieces we are missing. Any team that loses 2 DPs, and one of your best CMs is going to struggle. Just expected a bit more fight.

MPNumber9, Berks, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  16. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    To be honest I would have been ok with 6 point out the next 3 matches this time last week. Now maybe 3 is more realistic but going on a 3 game losing-streak is not out of the question if things continue like this. 0 points. Yep

TrickHog repped this.
  17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blegh. On the second goal it also drove me nuts Saldana was literally watching the play go down while the Vancouver was standing there all by himself. I don't get it with him. At all.

Listless.

Cabral is starting to annoy me. And as we know from the Perry Kitchen days, it's not good to make me annoyed because I will just pick on you. He just seems awfully....floppy.

Bummed that Williams was involved in the goals too, but at least he has an excuse.

Get well, Sega.

Still liking Grandsir's improvement and Raveloson.

When is Chicharito's calf going to get better?

Man, this game was slow. On top of a USMNT game that gave me hives.