P/I/P Game 11: LA Galaxy vs Sporting KC 07/04/21, 7:30 PT on Spectrum SportsNet

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Jul 2, 2021.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 6.47.42 AM.png
    Another home game and another chance to face off against a team above us in the power-rankings and prove we belong in the top tier of MLS teams. No Dos Santos or Efrain who have departed for Gold Cup prep with Mexico, but Lletget is still with us and our new D-Mid will be in the building, although maybe not on the field just yet.

Hopefully the defense can continue to improve and Chicharito and the rest of the offense will provide fireworks on the fields for the fans before they get the traditional fireworks display post game.

My younger daughter attended the first July 4th game at HDC when she was riding shotgun in utero, and the family is going one more time before she heads off to college next month, so really looking forward to this game.

Go Galaxy!

Berks, ProudNatRN, ShortyMac and 10 others repped this.
  2. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first in person home game in forever! Go Galaxy!

Berks, ProudNatRN, ShortyMac and 8 others repped this.
  3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we win we are ahead of KC with TWO games in hand. Really remarkable season so far for us.

last weeks game was one of our best.

unfortunately no JDS or Efra. Nice that we keep Lleget for two more matches before we lose him AGAIN to national team duty. Unsure if Grandsir is back from visiting his baby in France. New DM should be available.

not sure if KC is missing anyone.

I’d like to see:

Chicha
    Cabral grandsir
    Vasquez Lleget
    RAVALEYSON (sp)
    Villafana depuey Sega Araujo
    Bond

2in10, JPAR, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.
  4. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    SKC will be a much better barometer of where Galaxy is at. They are basically Galaxy mid-west to a degree. Great offense with decent mid and suspect defense with the exception of keepers. Both are very good.

SKC is in the #2 position (to our 3rd) currently and also has been named as team of the week but that means little in the greater scheme of things. Keep in mind KC has two more games played than Galaxy. KC beating Colorado and LAFC and falling to Portland. Galaxy beating Vancouver and San Jose and falling to the Seattle bastards. Similar yet not unlike results.

I like our chances very much or at least I am more than hopeful. We should be able to take the wood and apply it to KC. Russell is not the same as before. He has lost a step. Pulido suffered an unfortunate injury on his foot. He either raked or was raked by sharp cleats and has a cut that required stitches so no way we see him even dressed, I assume. Busio is not a game changer right now tho he is a person of interest and word is he might not even be there due to call-up for GC. The dude that worries me is Salloi. That guy, similar to our very own Chicharito is on beast-mode. I'd make sure the backline knows who this guy is and what he is about. Coulibaly especially, he will have to assist with keeping this guy in check and Araujo will have to earn his paycheck and rep with this nut running around loose in his neck of the woods.

I know Lletget is with us for two more matches before he leaves for the Gold Cup. We should also lose JDS and Alvarez but I just don't know when. Anybody heard when they are leaving? Chicha hopefully wont get the call last minute.

This is Galaxy's game to lose. Should be a great match.

GALAXY!!!

2in10, napper, TrickHog and 5 others repped this.
  5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would like our chances more if we had a single real DM on the field. We will miss GDS's work rate in this game.

shelbo, El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  6. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely gonna see a lot of youngsters in upcoming matches. Cmon G's

skydog, TrickHog and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  7. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Well rats! Vanney confirming JDS and Alvarez wont be there this Sunday. It's gonna suck this Copa Oro thing. Oh well.

LenPa, 2in10, skydog and 1 other person repped this.
  8. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, SKC is still solidly good, but not great. Salloi is in good form now. I’m hoping Saldaña is ready to start. I think Lletget and one of Vazquez/Sacha can help him. Lletget should be key this time. Just as long as we don’t lose, I’ll be happy.

Galaxy!

El Futbolisimo, mbar and TrickHog repped this.
  9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Galaxy has to play with grit, determination and heart. I want to see more of that side of the team.

IOW, play like Switzerland (minus the shitty red card call) in the Euro Cup!

GO GALAXY!!!

kaburu, 2in10, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw the time. Dang, Independance Day in prime time.
    Whew. Hopefully we can earn those fireworks.

2in10, JPAR and TrickHog repped this.
  11. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And SKC won't have Busio.

2in10, napper and TrickHog repped this.
  12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? We’re keeping Lleget. Why would KC not have Busio?

The other question for them is how pulido has recovered from his knock last week. Unless he’s with Mexico already like our two guys.

TrickHog repped this.
  13. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming. I didn't know we would be keeping lletget so I really don't know.

2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  14. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Supposedly the two Greg's traded Lletget spending more time with the USMNT earlier this year for a late Gold Cup arrival. Puido is reportedly already with Mexico.

Berks, 2in10, TrickHog and 3 others repped this.
  15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of want to see Busio in person. I hope he plays.

16. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I listened to Jonathan Bond’s interview (immediately following Vanney) and damn that guy is sharp and focused. I hope we can hold onto him until he retires.

2in10, TrickHog and El Futbolisimo repped this.
  17. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in his upper 20s.Long past the point of considered on the rise. He's in the prime of his career. This is arguably the first real chance he's ever had of starting.
    So I don't think anyone will come calling (especially as its only "lowly MLS"). So as long as we can keep paying Bond what he thinks he is owed, I think we're good.

skydog, TrickHog, 73Bruin and 1 other person repped this.
  18. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    He just turned 27 (Galaxy site) or 28 (Wikipedia) a month ago - so he might have another good decade on those goalkeeper tires. He did start one season while on loan to League One team Peterborough United (whoever the hell that is) but yeah it appears he's been a backup everywhere else. I'm a little surprised he was never considered good enough to land one of the 44 starting gk jobs in the Championship and EPL combined. I mean he's not de Gea - but he's no Cudicini :)eek:) either!

ProudNatRN, 2in10, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  19. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Mexico took on Nigeria at the Coliseum this evening. Dos Santos and Alvarez saw PT second half. Jonathan scoring. Pulido did not get a "knock." Dude is out with foot stitches. No matter which team he is with.

20. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #20 Bilgediver, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    lmao. I tried talking about how Cudicini was for us in a Hotspur/Chelsea forum (I forget which) and they attacked me viciously.

hav77, 73Bruin, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Flappacini!

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  22. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thinking about Bond's age I got curious about the longevity of keepers, so I googled. Average age of starting Premier League keepers is 29.1 with 40% aged 29+. The five oldest are 35,33,33,33 and 32, suggesting that typically the very best keepers start to decline around age 32-33, but that varies depending on the players genetics, training, burnout, injuries, etc. (David de Gea lost his starting job this year at age 30, but I don't know how much of that was was age related vs other factors.) Anyway my conclusion is that Bond likely could be a great keeper for us for at least the next 5 years, if he wants to.

Bilgediver, 2in10, 73Bruin and 1 other person repped this.
  23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game day!!!!!!!!

(Also, Happy Independence Day)

kaburu, hav77, skydog and 4 others repped this.
  24. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Not to invalidate any of your research which is spot on, but we can always hope that its miles not age and that he has Buffon like longevity. Buffon was still starting all meaningful competitions for Juventus in 2018 when he turned 40.

TrickHog, hav77 and skydog repped this.
  25. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol Goalkeepers like Buffon are freaks (in good ways), Petr Chec too.

hav77 repped this.