P/I/P - Black Diamond Run #7 - Rapids vs Wayne Rooney's DCU, Sat. 4/13/2019 7PM

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Apr 12, 2019.

1. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Rapids host the black and white DC united at the Dick at 7 on Saturday. Post thoughts, predictions, and clever things here.

2. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I put this in the other game thread not realizing it was not for Saturday's game.

I received an email from the Rapids saying:

Some more info on the project website.

3. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    While I may not be optimistic for this game, I'm happy to see Rooney in the flesh!

AlbertCamus, Sports Yak and Andy126 repped this.
  4. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I'm hoping the formation is the same as in the Orlando match, but with some better tactics defensively to combat Rooney and Acosta. Really, I thought the Rapids ability to quickly able to advance the ball last Saturday and create chances. Unfortunately, the tactics were once again wrong in terms of accounting for quick counters.

If Rubio's close to 100% I wonder if he gets back into the starting lineup? Hard to imagine the Bassett won't start again. And who knows about the back line - it's a work in progress.

I'm anticipating a tight, competitive match.

Totoro, Sports Yak and Andy126 repped this.
  5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  8. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    What the heck is Altitude Now?

9. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Cold as heck again. Rapids with their backs to the wall. Same coach. I'm putting a sack over my head so that no one can identify me, but 2-1 Rapids win with goals by Rubio and Serna. Yes, that Serna.

ogre1976 repped this.
  10. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm curious about Orlando's rightback Ruan. That guy was *really* fast and was dominant like few fullbacks I've seen in MLS, incl. Yedlin. He led one of the breaks by taking the ball all the way upfield off a Rapids corner and just blew past all the Rapids safety defenders.

Some of that no doubt is the Rapids' squishy left side. But Ruan still had the ability to exploit it as a fullback. The Rapids should have had a plan to adjust, especially after Elis just ripped them apart on the same side. But MLS teams are not used to seeing fullbacks like that.

Maybe it was just the Rapids, though. Looks like he spent time with Internacional but did not play with them in the Serie A season and has only played Serie B in Brazil.

11. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Rapids at home against a pretty good team, but Rapids with as many GF as DC after 6 games each... so I'm feelin' it today. 3-1 Rapids win over DC with Wayne Rooney providing most of what DC has to offer today, which is attempts at exploiting CO defensive lapses that were somehow addressed during the past week of training. Goals by Kamara (brace) and Acosta.

12. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    From the app store:
    AltitudeNOW is the official live streaming APP of Altitude Sports.

Download AltitudeNOW to your iPhone or iPad and begin streaming live Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets and Colorado Rapids games wherever you are. You can also stay connected to your favorite Altitude Sports shows including:

13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I know this has been posted earlier, but I am wondering if there will be more traffic than normal eastbound on 270 between I25 and Quebec? It's already congested on Saturday evenings around 6:30 or so, slowing down travel time to DSGP. With the I70 closure I would think it could be worse. Much worse.

14. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    First of all, I need to read my writing several times before I post - the second sentence doesn't work. Hopefully the basic idea got through.

What I am thinking here is with Acosta and Price playing side by side and deep the Rapids seem to be good at holding some possession and then advancing the ball through the midfield. Now, of course DC has seen this on film and will have a reaction, but having Acosta sitting deep but allowing him to go box to box makes a difference and puts him in a role where he can excel. And it takes the pressure off Price trying to hold the bottom of the diamond by himself.

Andy126 repped this.
  15. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    So does one need a cable subscription in order to login to get the game?

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

17. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Wonderful.:(

18. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone is dying to subscribe to a 0-4-2 Rapids subscription...........

I do think they win tonight (no reason just a feeling).

R

19. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My attitude toward tonight's game...
    [​IMG]

I hope I'm proven wrong.

SccrDon, Dom. FC, kucsdat and 3 others repped this.
  20. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Vines at leftback.

Can't make it to the game tonight. I see video on Altitude now, but no sound, which I guess is no big thing.

21. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    NEvermind, audio was me, not them.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  22. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    #22 Totoro, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    The MLS lineup diagram looks all kind of wrong. DC looks like they're in a 3 back with Arriola as a right wingback.

Rapids look like they're in a 4-2-3-1 with Price and Acosta as the dmids. Bassett on the right, Rubio on the left.

Edit: at any rate, Arriola is playing like a winger wide right. (Our) Acosta is mostly playing back but came forward for an overlap on the left...total football!

23. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Feilhaber scores! Smith header off corner looked like it hit Feilhaber just wide of the post; Feilhaber recovers to knock it in.

24. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Whoa, Howard almost with a huge howler. Drops a room service cross from Arriola, Birnbaum can't react in time and the ball goes off him wide near post.

25. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Interesting that DCU is not testing the left side the of the Rapids' D. Different guy back there, but still, the last two games...