P/i/p: #9 - La Galaxy Vs Ny Redbulls 05-05-2012

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, May 3, 2012.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Writer's note: We need help.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Definitely see us winning this one.

3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We better be winning this game. And we should be winning it by more than 1-0. NY is missing 7, SEVEN, of their starters.

We may see Agudelo + Cooper up top, but I suspect Backe will go with a 4-5-1.

I will never be so glad to see our regular starting line-up. Assuming LD is playing his third game in a week.

We need to be abusing their d-line.

4. gears

gears Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo is only fit for 30 mins, tops. Either we go with a 4-5-1 or play with Cooper and a bench warmer like Jhonny Arteaga.

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to demolish them with a starting XI, nothing less than 4-0. Bruce needs to make a statement to the league saying you may beat our C team but when our full squad is out there we are force to be reckoned with, and Landon needs to say we are pissed

6. juan agudelowns

Apr 27, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Fixed that for you

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Am I the only one that doesn't fear Agudelo at all? I think Cooper is a bigger threat just because he can finish pretty well. If anything we have to limit Cooper's chances cause he only needs a few decent chances to score. Agudelo is raw talent right now. I think he can be very good but he is pretty predictable and AJ shouldn't have too big of an issue.

8. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Richards moved up top with cooper.

We desperately need to win this match, but I'm worried about it. LA has been NY West this season: lot's of stupid mental errors on the defensive side of the ball. However, having watched a number of NY matches, and all of the hilights, I think it's hard to overestimate the impact Henry has had on the club. His individual brilliance has kept them in matches. Cooper has benefitted enormously from the defenders that Henry draws, and from his vision and passing. That said... our defense has the ability to make this depleted NY offense look good :(

Crimen y Castigo repped this.
  9. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruce... don't f*ck this game up. I hear Lieweke has Steve Sampson's number on speed dial.

ummm... (thats of course if stevie still has a phone.)

10. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else hate the new BS?

Pretty weak thus far.

Anyway, it's time to force our will on a team. If it's not a weakened NY, then we've got bigger problems than we thought.

Deep Wilcox repped this.
  11. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

kaburu repped this.
  12. kilobio

kilobio Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    it doesn't matter at this point.. LA's season is already ruined.... no more SS for us.

13. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We won't get the SS this year, but we can still qualify for the playoffs. We need to win out, though.

14. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Bruce is doubling down on the Seattle gameplan and starting the medical crew and Cobi Jones in the midfield, a yellow cone in for AJ, and (unbelievably) Cristman up top with Barret.

15. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dearest Margaret,

It has been nearly a fortnight since I have written last, and for that I require your forgiveness. Our regiment is tired and hungry, fighting our way through the western campaign, yielding not in the mountains nor while defending out home against two gruesome waves of attack. We hoped that the previous struggles early in the war were behind us and that we would march North with confidence.

Some of our troops remained at home to rest while we continued into the rain soaked forests, at the behest of our General. He is a veteran of many wars, from the proving grounds of Virginia to the narrowly being defeated by the Hessians in World War 17. His experience is unmatched among generals in this land. We have confidence in his knowledge and abilities, but it has begun to wear thin. He is headstrong and confident in his ways, which haven't changed much over the years. It may be this reluctance, perhaps inability, to change which will be his, and by consequence, our, downfall.

Our morale had improved with our victories, however, and our belief in more remained. The great North Western army is powerful, but we had nearly always managed to repel their attacks and claim victory. Upon the General's orders, however, we became disheartened. Several of our units were left home, including the 23rd Heavy Artillery as well as the 2nd and 7th Calvary units, citing the grueling journey as reason for our more experienced units being left behind. Instead, several militia units were taken with us and defeat was all but assured.

O' Margaret, how we fought. Dodging fatal blows early in the engagement, but we held strong. Though our militia units were bending, but breaking wasn't in our minds. Yet, we did. We couldn't hold the middle ground, and our front lines were woefully outmatched. It is unclear if some of these militia units are even trained how to hold a weapon, much less versed in the tactical nuances of battle. I weep at the thought of relying on these regiments. Perhaps they would be better suited to carry a flag, or perhaps a piper.

The battle was lost before it began. It would have been a famous victory should our weakened and unskilled army have pulled through, but alas it was not to be. Those among us prayed to their various gods, but we were sent home defeated. Looks of disdain and scorn were thrown at our General, and thoughts longingly cast to better times.

We now return home to defend against an onslaught from the wealthy North Eastern army. Previous battles have left them beaten and bruised, but a wounded animal has nothing to lose. With our army being at near full strength, however, their is hope among the camp. A decisive victory with few casualties would do wonders for morale.

The turnaround is short, and rest will be hard to come by on the long march home, but we must soldier on. We must continue to fight for our people. Our General, as stoic as ever, assures us we will prevail. We must prevail.

Yours,

Cozmo

Geneva, Finley, kaburu and 13 others repped this.
  16. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if Galaxy does not thrash Redbulls like DC did or Better then im sorry but we are in some deep shhhhhhhhhhh!

17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are missing SEVEN out of their XI. Good god we should be CRUSHING them, especially after the line-up Bruce fielded Wednesday.

18. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GalaxyKoa, wow. That was awesome.

ragbone repped this.
  19. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on this. We have to kill them this game after resting all those players on wed. With all the time our top players are going to miss in a little over a month, its going to be really nice, or terrible, to see who steps up. This will be a great position for buddle to get back in the swing of things and a couple of the reserves to step up and possibly play a starring role. We should have used this time to create a little bit of cushion for the summer but I guess we are going to do it the hard way. Hopefully this is the weekend where we start to be more consistent.

20. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bruce's near-capitulation in Wednesday's game makes this a must-win. That shambles has to be justified somehow.

21. GalaxyMike

GalaxyMike Member

Nov 26, 2007
    The City of Angels
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a must-win. If there is a higher power I pray he gives Bruce the vision to have seen enough of Sarvas to continue using him, and enough of Barret, Cristman and Jordan to stop using them...

ragbone and drew coho ohio repped this.
  22. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

so f ing true.. im sick and tired of the B team.. Play Keane and Buddle up top and we will win this f ing game.. i sent a text to Edsonn saying this is the f ing game to make a f ing statement .. there is no other.. put Henry in our rear view mirror and kick som serious ass motherfckers!!! Lets do this shit and rule this league goddamit!!!!!!!!!

GalaxyMike and ragbone repped this.
  23. ChrisV323

ChrisV323 Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny i sent a Txt to buddle saying were in 2010:D

7E23, GalaxyMike, Finley and 1 other person repped this.
  24. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

25. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    lol hell yeah... why the f not.. Edson needs to score baby score tomorrow damit!!!!