P/I/P: #33 - LA Galaxy v. Seattle Sounders; Sun 10/19/14; 5:30pm PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Geneva, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN2

LA Galaxy take on Seattle Sounders FC at StubHub Center this Sunday

Fans advised to arrive early for Sunday’s game
    LA Galaxy will honor Landon Donovan before match vs. Seattle at StubHub Center

and most importantly:

Alan Gordon to buy kegs of beer for supporters groups

Matt Doyle: " I said last week that I expect the Seattle vs. LA series to be the best in regular-season MLS history. Even with this weekend's losses, I still feel that way. These teams are legitimately great, and you should feel free to freak right the hell out all week in anticipation."
    [​IMG]

2. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I am indeed already freaking right the hell out.

JUST F'N WIN!

GO GALAXY!

Topper and Geneva repped this.
  3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    I will be there.

Geneva repped this.
  4. joshmartinez122

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Massive games the next two weeks. The last two times we lost this season we followed up with wins. One of those wins was against Seattle on their home field 3-0. We have players who have played in big MLS games before. We are the more experienced and talented team. If we send a message to them at home on Sunday I have a feeling the pressure will cause the Sounders to fault at home the following week.

What needs to happen? We need to win the battle in the middle of the park. If we do, we will be able to put pressure on their suspect defense. Both teams have pretty good attacking ability but where the Galaxy really had an advantage over the Sounders is in the back. If everyone is back healthy this weekend I hope to see our favored lineup (in my opinion).

-------------------------------------------Keane---------------------------Gyasi---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LD----------------------------Juninho-----------------Sarvas-----------------------------------Baggio--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rogers------------------------AJ---------------------------Omar----------------------Gargan------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Penedo-----------------------------------------------------------------------

phoenixhazard and Geneva repped this.
  5. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not going. Kind of can't believe I'm not going. However, I will make an attempt to be there for the playoffs.

6. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    More of this please.

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just win, Gs.

8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    napper repped this.
  9. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Haha! I love Cozmo. I never paid much attention to him until last year and some of the things he does are pretty funny. I hope he's cheering like that on Sunday come 90' +

Berks repped this.
  10. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Punish them. If we are healthy we will. LD and RR overlapping will make Yedlin wish he was rotting on a bench in the EPL.

Just need Omar to be SMART. he is one yellow away from not playing in the final leg (which means LEONARDO would). He CANNOT fall for derpsey's fake tough guy crap. If our back line is 100% healthy/available over the two legs we are the better team.

Someone has to be in his (AND THE LEAGUE'S) ear about this.

11. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going with the family and sitting near the ACB.

If we lose either of the next two games I'm going to vomit, because I hate seattle, all of its residents, and every suburb of seattle. There's a reason why God blankets seattle with clouds - - it's because he's embarrassed and tries to keep it covered up.

I mean, no one really likes to end up in seattle. No father comes home and says, "Hey kids! I got great news! We're moving to seattle!!" It's more like: "Aw shit. I've been transferred to seattle. F__k. What the hell are we going to tell the kids?"

BTW, I hate The Douche Dempsey too. What a whiney little puss face. He could be trampled in a stampede of pissed off cattle, then you could drop his lifeless body into a wood chipper and I would be mildly amused. He and seattle were made for each other.

socluis90, napper, StillKickin and 6 others repped this.
  12. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So, Keano or no Keano this weekend?

13. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    serious?

14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get there early people. Also there will be free parking and shuttle to the stadium at South Bay Pavillion

15. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Only 62 minutes for Ireland in Germany. He’ll play 90 on Sunday, barring injury or an early blowout.

Grok repped this.
  16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Can’t quite tell if the game is sold out or if just discounted tickets are sold out …

http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2014/1...rs-fc-only-remain-through-season-ticket-membe

17. Grok

Grok Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good news. Got worried when I saw he was in the IRE lineup today.

18. therahzee

therahzee Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O
    The cheapest ticket left on StubHub is $106. Only 235 left total on that site.

20. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    2-0 for the lads!

21. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -----------Zardes---Keane-----------
    Donovan--------------------Ishizaki
    ----------Juninho---Sarvas----------
    Riley--Gonzalez--AJDLG--Gargan
    ----------------Penedo----------------

Subs (3): Rogers, Husidic, & Gordon

In my mind Ishizaki goal and overall performance against Dallas earns him the starting RM spot. Especially since we're going to need goals, a draw is a disastrous result for us. Husidic can sub in for him late once we're trying to close the victory.

Keane's the captain, but with the international travel he has had do, perhaps Gordon can sub on for him. Keane can hand the armband to Donovan to wear in the final moments, in his final regular season home match.

Hopefully it's Rogers turn this week to get 25-20 minutes so he can get back into the groove and test that damn hamstring.

Leonardo did fine last week. But with Seattle's craftiness upfront, we need AJ centrally, to use his speed and intelligence to snuff out the Seattle's direct attack.

edcrocker and MPNumber9 repped this.
  22. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read today that they've added bleachers to both north corners!

23. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    Unpopular opinion alert:

This home and home means about 1/100th as much as the one vs RSL/FCD/whoever that follows in in the playoffs. I mean listen, I hope we win as much as the next guy. But win/lose/draw, just keep telling yourself:

Supporters Shield without MLS Cup in Landon's last year is an epic failure.

So have fun this weekend and next, but keep your eyes on the real prize. Say it with me again.

Just one more time. So we all remember.

24. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason why that's an unpopular opinion is because any MLS trophy not won in Landon's last year is an epic failure. Team form is not a switch that can be turned off and on. It's important that we regain our form and enter the playoffs on a role and feeling good. The best way to do that is to put Seattle in their place.

25. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beyond simply the supporter's shield, 1st place in the West means we face a team who has played the extra play in game, which certainly can be significant. Specifically with the away goals rule this year, I'd rather go into the away leg facing a team that played 3/4 days before as opposed to one who just had proper rest. Not to mention that it may end up being Portland or Vancouver as opposed to RSL or Dallas.

henryo, MPNumber9, JuiceBox and 4 others repped this.