P/I/P: #28 - LA Galaxy vs Philly Union 10/07/10 5:00PM PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by tsaldana3, Oct 6, 2010.

1. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]VS [​IMG]

Watch - ESPN 2, ESPN Deportes
    Listen - 1150 AM 1330 AM

Previous Game

LA Galaxy 2-1 Chivas USA

Current Position

1st in West
    1st in League

16-6-5

Galaxy Injury Report
    (As of ???)

OUT - ???
    DOUBTFUL - ???
    QUESTIONABLE - ???
    PROBABLE - ???

Predicted Lineup

--------------------- Buddle --------- Donovan --------------------

--------- Stephens ----------- Juninho ------------ Beckham -------

------------------------------- Birchall ----------------------------

----- Dunivant ------- Gonzalez -------- AJDLG ------- Franklin -----

------------------------------ Ricketts ----------------------------

Note:

I'm fine guys, just been busy calling the SLOW insurance adjusters.... Finally got one check issued. The other case is held up because they are giving me the runaround. They don't know whether " the policy was active at the time of the collision" ughhh....

Anyways, finally getting a new laptop tomorrow, so that should help with me getting the threads up quicker. Right now what's killing me is having to come and catch up on everything (not just bigsoccer :p) on my desktop. I've missed a bunch of games because of this also.

2. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    INJURY REPORT
    OUT – None
    DOUBTFUL – None
    QUESTIONABLE – Gregg Berhalter (Neck – Strain), Dema Kovalenko (Right Adductor – Strain), Leonardo (Left Quad – Strain)
    PROBABLE – None

oh yeah BTW we beat chivas usa 2-1

Previous Game

LA Galaxy 0-2 Chivas USA

3. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Yabba-dabba-doo!!!"

4. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd like to see the same lineup as sunday - if only just to validate that it's a viable option. phily isnt great, but they're not CUSA bad. that said, they've had some major galaxy-summer-2010-like lapses in defense in recent games, and i think we can expose them. if we can manage a 2 goal lead, then i think you'll see cazumba, and jordan in on the wings to allow birchall and stephens to tuck inside. does anyone know of gregg travelled with the team???

BTW...i think this will be a close game. 1-0, 2-1 given our propensity to play to the level of our opponent.

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like others have mentioned, I'd say rest Landon on the bench and bring him in later if necessary.

6. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [LINEUP-4-4-2]Kirovski, Buddle, Stephens, Gold Balls, Juninho, Bowen, Dunivant, Gonzilla, N-E 1 But Leonardo, Franklin, Ricketts[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

I'm all for LD resting, as has been the consensus amongst this group. I think KIRO has done a decent job as the "other forward" and I absolutley love Bowen to start on the wing....

As for the midfield, without a doubt the Beckham-Juninho duo has to continue to get minutes playing those roles if that is infact how we will roll for the playoffs...

Defence: anyone but Leonardo in the center and we will be alright.

LD can sub for all i care, but hopefully,as always we can put a few in the net early and bunker down for 3 points. the less minutes LD plays tomorrow the better for us all.....

As stated above playing to the level of our opponents has been our achillies heel, however the boys need to seize this opportunity to close the goal differential gap with RSL.... 4-nil to the Galaxy:cool:

7. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what's the highest seasons' points total for the galaxy since 96'? Are we on pace to break it?

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. 68 in 98. Which is the all-time league record.

We could become only the 3rd team in league history to hit at least 60 points, joining the '98 Galaxy and '05 Smurfs. Two wins and a tie is what we need for that....

9. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and I hope we [obscure Nowak reference]send Philly to the hospital [/obscure Nowak reference].

10. galaxy500

galaxy500 Member

Jan 21, 2010
    LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is a must win or tie game. No losses from here on out.

11. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    who is the ref?

12. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    open cup at titan?

13. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Fixed the score for you.

14. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think that quote has something to do when he was the dc united coach and they were playing either a reserve game or a college game and he told one of his players to send a guy on the other team to the hospital (I probably just got that all wrong so someone with a better memory please correct me).

15. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think it was DC against NE. A NE player was being excessively physical and Nowak was reported to have said "send him to hospital" meaning that the players should retaliate against him - although Nowak denies it.

16. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is one awful idea. We need 3 points and cannot afford to rest our best player.

17. cliche_guevara

Jun 1, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I thought it had something to do with Nowak being a racist prick by yelling at a Black player to "go back to Africa" and denying that by saying that he was yelling at the player to "go to hospital" - because he was injured or something.

18. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And 1st in our hearts.

There's a $149- ticket on StubHub. Two rows up from the Galaxy bench. I work about 100 miles from PPL park. Even with epic Trenton and Philadelphia rush hour traffic, I could get there with about an hour to spare and make it home from the game about 1:30 in the AM.

That is, if I hadn't taken the train in this morning :-(

Can't wait for this. The ballpark is going to be packed. There are 10 total tickets available on Stub Hub. 10. I hope we murderize them. Let's get those three points!

19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and yes. As I recall, Nowak claims he yelled "go to hospital" -- some who heard him thought he yelled "go to Africa" and others thought he was yelling at his own players "send him to hospital" i.e. retaliate.

Only Nowak's thick Polish accent knows the truth.....

20. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Yeah, I am sure he made the trip, will start and score a dam goal in Philly.. what.. they think they can just no hit my Cincy Reds and get away with it:mad:? No NO way are they going to win this game today. Philly fans need to come back to earth and today is just the day to do it!!

Landon will play and play just fine.. Maybe he ate something that just didnt agree with his stomach? Maybe.. but today is a new day and he has had 3 days to get over it and after today look forward to a good break before playing again.

Philly fans get ready to eat some dirt with those Geno's or Pat steak sandwiches.

GALAXY 4 Uncle Ben's 0

21. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm suggesting that Landon take a rest because he looked gassed late in the last game. However if he's ready to go, more power to him and the squad.

22. drew coho ohio

Apr 15, 2008
    Columbus OH USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

He did..he really did.. but heck he's our Captain and just has to suck it up..

23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Save your money and go to the USMNT friendly against Columbia. Steve Goff reported this morning that they have only sold 6,000 tickets for that game thus far.

24. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Great call... I think because of that Bruce does play him today, although being it was a nationally televised ESPN2 game, I should have known better than to think it was possible LD wouldnt play all 90.

Give it all you got tonight LD, then lay out at the beach for 8 or 9 days and rejuvenate....

25. sanda

sanda Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Virginia
    Another hour and I am off work to PPL Park. So freaking excited. :D