P/I/P: #17 - LA Galaxy vs Man U; Wed 7/23/14; 8:00pm PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by 73Bruin, Jul 23, 2014.

1. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    The Man City game a few years ago will always be a special one for me but I haven't had any interest in going the past couple of years.

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That the one with Magee's beauty of a goal?

esco300 repped this.
  3. Esc-soccer

Esc-soccer Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Inland Empire, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EMBARRASSING!, fired Bruce ASAP BECAUSE I am pledging not to buy Another La Galaxy tickets until he is gone. "NOT LOOKING LIKE ONE OF MLS BEST FOR SURE"

4. tsaldana3

tsaldana3 Member

Apr 26, 2008
    TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It still hurts to lose a game 7-0. No matter the opponent, or the stakes. It's still not good to lose a game( that's not a scrimmage) the way we did. My concern isn't for the vets, but for the kids that played tonight.

5. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I'm officially done with Bruce....... I'm tired of all these back passes from the final 3rd .

6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It definitely hurts, but I will be over it as of tomorrow. We lose to Seattle? Much more hurt. That's more what I meant to say.

The kids will think they are invincible again tomorrow. Honestly? Most concerned about Meyer, Opare, Leo and Penedo. Think AJ will rebound.

Sigh. Way to overreact there buddy.

7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woof. After the 2nd I pretty much fast forwarded to the end. Unfortunately, the Galaxy fans in attendance couldn't do the same.

Jesus, we're gonna have to hear so much crap for Sounders fans over this if we don't smash them.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Esc-soccer repped this.
  9. Esc-soccer

Esc-soccer Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Inland Empire, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CALLING FRONT OFFICE! 4less tickets for me until Mr. BRUCE is replace, thank you. family sofa here we come.

10. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably for the best that I missed this one. Though I'm not sure what anyone should expect against a Van Gaal coached United team. He can coach circles around Bruce even when he doesn't have the best squad.

11. Esc-soccer

Esc-soccer Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Inland Empire, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the sort of stuff that just pisses me off:

Lisa Bregman @LisaMBregman · 13m
    Sat w/ non @mls fans during #LAvMUFC game, they thought LA shouldve fielded first team for this game to prove quality of league. Thoughts?

Those non MLS fans recognize there is a league going on, right?

13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got their money, and the only injury was to a reserve player… if anyone wants to stop supporting the team because we got waxed in a meaningless game by one of the best teams in the world who was wanting to make a statement in a big way, well go right ahead….

I'll wait until after Monday night's game for a real assessment of where we stand...

14. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You see, we Rev fans are lucky.....or wise. After seeing Kraft drive us into the dust, we kinda knew what would happen when a ManU or a Benfica came strolling in for a friendly bunch of chump change. So we stopped showing up for these in numbers, and the change was more chump than the opposition had expected, and so no more mid-season friendlies. Now we can get all our 4-1 and 4-0 drubbings direct from 100% grade A MLS opposition. It really feels so much better that way.....:cautious:

rokstedy, 7E23, TrickHog and 5 others repped this.
  15. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Lesson learned. Rather then sit among a bunch of eurosnob posers who need cues from the jumbotron to sing their "teams" songs, I'll just profit off of them and sell my ticket, ignore the game and save myself the embarrassment.

Highlight of the night: Zardes got the ball on the sideline, dribbled past a few Man U players and then laid out the worst pass ever. This guy who had been waving a giant United flag all game stands up and says, "THATS MLS FOR YOU!!! HAHAHAH!!!"

3 Minutes later security shows up and drags his ass out because he was too stupid to read his ticket and find his own seat. That's euro-snobbery for you.

cleschke, rokstedy, Berks and 5 others repped this.
  16. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    3 hours in traffic there and 1 hour home so I could watch Tommy Meyer do ??!## I'm still not sure what that third goal was.

I expected a loss but I could have done without the 3 gift goals in the first half. I knew when Donovan and Omar didn't start that Bruce was managing for this weekend. I have no problem with that actually. Really I'm just upset with myself for subjecting myself to the game by failing to sell my tickets. And my poor son, really didn't like seeing them roll it up on Galaxy II.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  17. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    back from the game, sat in the first row in the supporters section ACB and it was fun and took away from the product on the field, I never saw the goals cleanly.

that being said the performance was pathetic and I'm embarrassed to support this team, but I will till I die.

there seemed to be a 80- 20 split in supporters and it was disgusting they played Manure commercials at halftime and every time they scored and it made me nauseous, I will never attend a euro trash friendly again.

but credit to our section and ACB who brought it but it still sucked i HATE that euro snobs still rule here in America and till it stops, the MLS is still a Mickey Mouse league.

still upset!!!!

Flex Buffchest repped this.
  18. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mixed feelings tonight. 39 years ago I started a love affair with United that has never waned. But to see my hometown Galaxy done like that hurts. I have taken immense pride in some of our previous performances against Europe's finest, even though we were outclassed in nearly every instance. Economics and history play a huge part in this game we all love. Bruce didn't stand much of a chance in this one, and managing the way he did saving players for Seattle is smart in the long run. I hope the young players DO learn something from the hiding they were given tonight. I hope the FO got a piece of the gate. I hope we schedule more games against top teams, so that I can take my kids to see the best players on the planet, and I hope to God we never see a scoreline like that again.

rokstedy and SOCCERMARINE repped this.
  19. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have every reason to believe the OC Blues and Seattle will win this weekend.

20. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had skipped the last few Euro friendlies but attended this one. Wow that was embarrassing to witness that live. I don't mind losing but that was just bad.

I know its a friendly and it doesn't mean much in the big picture but I'd prefer we take advantage of the situation and try to make some new fans by playing to win. Just a waste of time to throw out a weak lineup and play like crap in front of 90k fans like that. Just replace us with another Euro opponent and move on with this. We might make money today but we lost a lot of potential money in the future.

PS I don't miss the Rose Bowl.

21. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a streaker on the field at the end of the game. Anybody caught that?

On the flip side, the REAL LA fans wore Galaxy jerseys. The rest were useless shills that got no business being at the Hub.

22. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic. I'll take one 8-0 James Rodriguez-er, Real Madrid special waiter, gracias.

23. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strangely enough, it's these scorelines that make me proud of my team. I kid you not: the LA Galaxy are my personal dakimakura. Even if I treat them like a punching bag at times, in the end, being proud of my favorite team in MLS and everything they've done since they were brought to this world is how I get my sleep at night. Or day.

24. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

25. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005