PBP: P/I/P: #05 - LA Galaxy @ FC DAllas; 4/13/13; 4:30 PM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No kidding. Looks what happens when fans actually start showing up in Frisco. They might be better off with empty seats.

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right. It was a penalty/red card. Painfully clear.

But I don't think Bruce really thinks otherwise. I think he was just protecting his player. Or at least I hope that's what he thought he was doing.

3. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Bruce is in full-on snark mode, he'd probably challenge and snarl at a statement about the sky being blue. I wouldn't read too much into that one except just pure pissage at losing the game.

Berks and The Cadaver repped this.
  4. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PK/ejection is 100% Leonardo's fault. Yes, it was soft. Yes, it could have been waved off. However, it was a completely reasonable call by Toledo, and it was completely preventable by Leo just being a little less casual on the ball.

On the goal... I found it ironic that we have had so many free kicks and corners called off for jostling in the box, and yet AJ got tackled and thrown to the ground on that play, basically clearing the space for John, and there was no call. Like the PK, it's pretty much what you would expect in that situation. It's just frustrating that, if they are tightening up the calls in the box, we end up on the wrong side of that one.

5. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which unfortunately he has shown a tendency to do at the worst possible moments.

I just don't understand why bruce keeps shoving him out there.

6. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because up until that point he was very good. That seems to be the case with him though. Looks very good for most of the game and then in an instant it all goes bad on him. I really want to like Leo. He obviously has the ability to be a good player in this league but the mistakes are getting to be too much. At first I thought it was just bad luck and it would work itself out but it just seems to steamroll in the wrong direction. Maybe with this break it will improve. Maybe with Meyer providing real competion for that spot it will raise his game and Meyers game. For the teams sake I sure hope it does. We can't let these mistakes continue.

The Cadaver repped this.
  7. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is we don't need a permanent replacement. We have AJ who has proven he is better than any Giant you can pair with Omar.

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is we don't need a permanent replacement. We have AJ who has proven he is better than any Giant you can pair with Omar.

9. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would prefer Meyer to AJ. AJ is not the long term solution. Meyer looked good when teamed with Omar during our playoff run. Given that we are going to lose Omar after this season I would prefer Meyer learn from Omar. AJ proved more than once last season he has a hard time when not paired with Omar.

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Babayaro was big and talented too.

Although in his case "instant it all goes bad" was usually in the first five or ten minutes.

I haven't looked up Leo's age. Is there some reason to think he will mature or has he hit his peak. I know defenders often get better as they get older and cagey-er. I just hate to see him screwing up the team so often while he is "growing up." Can we loan him out to the LA Blues for a while?

11. shelbo

shelbo Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's 25. So, coming into his peak years. But he missed a lot of time injured, so is maybe behind the curve a bit.

12. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Babayaro is a Galaxy legend! He was "a ******* professional!" How dare you sir!