P/I/P: #04 - LA Galaxy vs. Toronto FC; 03/30/13; 11:00 AM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Mar 25, 2013.

1. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky to get a point. Thanks, Jose.

Berks repped this.
  2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Especially a flat, tiny, dry Canadian bagel.

100fyers repped this.
  3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that should be goal of the week.

ragbone repped this.
  4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Ca - NADA!

5. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell was Russell doing with the header on that last goal? Is he a Galaxy player in red? That was ridiculus.

6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This worries me. Towards the end on that sequence that led to the corner his body language said, "I'm exhausted."

We really need him Wednesday.

7. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About as bad as Leo's stupid back pass. So now we're even.

8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, in practice this week can we practice crosses? Ugh were they bad.

9. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He better suck it up, What does he think awaits him in the leagues of the old continent? League match, Cup match, Europa or hopefully Champions League match and International duty? Get that stock of 5 hour energy ready gonzilla you gonna need it.

10. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    I don't think we were garbage at all. Thought the team controlled play for 70-75 minutes Toronto never really threatened the goal, they were beneficiaries of a stupid play and a bit of individual skill. For my money it was a smart low-tempo game plan given the CCL match.

11. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have seen all of Leonardo that I care to. I'd rather see Meyer grow at the same pace he did last season and take over that spot. Leo a WAY to prone to big mistakes. His "coverage" on Osorio on the 2nd Toronto goal was criminally nonexistent. The pass back to Cudo, while exacerbated by Codo's unfathomable decision to come out, was also just incompetent. Time for something else.

EvilTree, taco jones, Elninho and 2 others repped this.
  12. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Agree Leo never impressed me. Hopefully now with LD back we can switch him to right mid and push Sean back to RB and AJ in the center.

Of course that being said both Sean and Omar have given up a goal on a stupid/bad back pass like that.

13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.

In particular the way we started was solid. Ball on the ground, smart passing.

1 bad back pass later we give TFC life and the plan goes to pot. However, we came out strong at half time.

The team had their minds somewhere else, LD was at like 50% jogging around (which was fine by me, was more interested in him stretching his legs and getting the rust out than injuring himself), Omar was tired....

I'll take the point. Bigger game Weds and it looked like the team knew it.

14. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villareal saved Culo-cudicini's lame italian ass. If we learned anything from this match, it's that this over-priced italian export is more useless than a ferrari with a yugo engine.

He straight sucks. What the hell is Josh Saunders sitting as a f*cking backup to Nick Rimando in RSL doing?

This Cudicini move could be one of the top 5 stupid player moves in Galaxy history. He has no business being on this team. 1st goal totally his fault, and 2nd goal is partially his fault for not organizing his backline while OG was pulled out of position.

Culo plays like this come Wednesday.. he easily lets in 3 maybe 4 goals.. and were dumped out of CCL again.

P.S. - good return for LD, but wow I bet he wishes he had the first shot back. He hits that we walk out of Bowel Movement Field with ALL 3 points.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  15. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well from what I saw of the match we are in CCL mode and that is the priority, Until that mountain is conquered we are gonna see these type of league matches I assume. So we take a point and now we concentrate on a tough opponent in monterrey.

16. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately we expended a lot of energy on that tie. Colin Clark can't play in CCL, but he's not good enough to start, so he comes in as a sub. He really should have started anyway just to save the legs of one of our central mids or Stephens for Wednesday. Leo will not start on Wed - it will be the Fab 4 in the back. Donovan might start, though.

100fyers repped this.
  17. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Montreal.

18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Toronto fans should be encouraged. They look like a decent team to me, which is a big upgrade over years past. I would lose Eckersley, though - too GD slow.

19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great individual moment from Jose to salvage the point. Now we gotta recover and get our game plan ready for the BIG game on Wednesday...

Berks repped this.
  20. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna give Omar a free pass because of what he did against Mexico. This tie's all on Leo for being a Santa Claus imposter for a second game. Absolutely dreadful defending from him today.

ragbone repped this.
  21. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too early. Think he might get another 30 minutes or a full half. Which is shocking if you think about it.

Next week will be interesting pending how we do Wednesday.

22. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh. It's too hard to get worked up about this game when it's kinda just filler (sorry TFC!):

Bads
    Carlo's need to come off his line. I don't understand it. Let your defense play man!
    Omar looking tired.
    Leonardo.
    Colin Clark's passing and crossing skills.

Goods
    LD getting his stretch on (and nearly scoring in 30 seconds).
    Magee's continued awesome.
    Villareal with yet another golazo (seriously starting to wonder if this kid can score "normal" goals. ;))
    Bruce seeing Leonardo and yanking him in the end.
    McBean's hold up play in general and spin to get that first goal.

?
    Whether Keane can play Weds.

Going to take the list of goods > bads since we have a big game Wednesday. Onward.

23. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, I'm sure every defender in MLS has done it at some point. But neither does it anywhere near as frequently as Leonardo.

ragbone repped this.
  24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Re: Carlo. The first three games we were complaining he wasn't coming off his line fast enough. There was even a play earlier where he was a tad late. I wonder if someone got in his ear about being a bit quicker and he over corrected.

forie and Berks repped this.
  25. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Too hot", "too cold", hopefully once he gets his form back, he will be "just right".