P/I/P: #02 - LA Galaxy vs. Chivas USA; 03/17/13; 2:00PM PST

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by WarGalaxy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It looked bad in real time, but on the replays, he clearly pulls out of the challenge and if anything Clark kicked into him with his follow through... Clark then proceeded to hold his stomach like he got caught there... it was a bad call any way you slice.

Franklin was also very lucky not to get a red card.

And Minda as well for his cleats to the knee of Magee.

Though I find it awesome (not that he got hurt, i don't want anyone hurt, even CUSA players) that Magee's knee wrecked Minda anyway and he had to go off injured.

2. respite_cdd

respite_cdd BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2009
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate plucky mother********ing underdogs.

3. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic time at the game. Pre-Post tailgating was awesome. The renters played the game of their lives and barely bulled off a tie.

Seriously Chelis.

Move down to The Whales Vagina already or just disappear completely.

On to more important competition.

4. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for seeing what Arriola can do, but can we sign him at this point?
    I don't see Lampard coming in the summer with how he's been playing as of late...maybe we go after a DP winger?

Also, did anyone else feel like Juninho was trying to take the Beckham role of spraying passes 99.9% of the time instead of playing simple?

5. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Magee's highlight was when he slipped and fell on the pitch. Or is that lowlight? Anyway, that was epitome of the afternoon for the team.

6. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think right now they get a pass since they just played on Tuesday. We had our chances and chivas tied on a small lapse. They were not outplayed and chivas was playing for a bounty on all the players legs. That being said next two games we play them we need to impose our will on them.

7. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next time we play them...FFS please, just play Galaxy soccer. None of this gong show crap that I witnessed this afternoon.

8. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We played bad, Keane needs to shoot, but Chivas was absolute trash. They are a gang of racist thugs and deserve to be banned from the league.

Hachiko, kaburu and patopreto repped this.
  9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lampard probably won't come but I do think we need a CM. Sarvas and Juninho aren't bad together but honestly you can see the difference when Beck's isnt there. We aren't getting the consistent critical passes out of the midfield. We need a wide mid too but the middle is CRITICAL.

10. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was Wednesday?

11. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also notice that Sarvas gets into too much trouble.
    He isn't committing horrific tackles, but his tackles seem clumsy.

12. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Steven Goff @SoccerInsider
    Chivas coach: "On the field, we won a point, but off the field we won a hundred points in respect." #mls

Ha. What little respect for them I had vanished in the first half with their hacktastic tactics. Serrano also promises more quotes from Chelis were he channels the SJ fans and claims that the league favors the Galaxy. This guy is a ********ing clown.

7E23 repped this.
  14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    See, that's where you went astray.

Hushx, 7E23, Beirut and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Hey Lex Luther... nobody respects 22 fouls

Berks repped this.
  16. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost think we would have been better off playing against a full strength Chivas. We seemed like the result was just granted after the sending off (which was honestly a HORRID call. I hope for the league's sake it is rescinded). We need a play-maker, Donovan or otherwise. That final pass is missing and I don't rate Keane as an effective creator.

I echo the comments of some earlier that the Sarvas-Juninho combo is just missing something. It seems there should be enough there but for some reason it's not coming off. Maybe Donovan running on the wings allows us to play that way, but we need someone to step up and want the game beyond Keane, who shouldn't be required to play-make anyway. Maybe it just needs more time.

I don't know, hopefully we're just kicking off the rust. That we couldn't finish off a horrid Chivas team with 10 men is discouraging, but I can see it being a good kick in the pants for the upcoming games and perhaps the season as a whole, and we can go into the Monterrey series with a bit more perspective.

That all being said, I just have to say: Danny mother ****ing Kaye, that was terrible.

17. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the second half. Sounds like second half was the same hackfest as the first half. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Nice quotes from Magee and Sarvas:

“That tackle, Minda had me feeling he was going to try to end me and I got a couple gashes on my leg to prove it,” Magee said. “As I was getting up, at least three of their people said to watch out because that’s what he’s known for. It’s frustrating because at that point you want to get somebody back, but you can’t get sent off, and on that tackle he had to leave the game which, for the first time in my life, I kind of smiled when the guy was leaving the field.”

"There is no lesson this game. I didnt see anything," said midfielder Marcelo Sarvas. "It was one team trying to play, the other team trying to destroy."

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/beat/2013/03/17/magee-and-sarvas-discuss-chippy-nature-superclasico

18. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Here is the Chelis piece:

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/beat/2013/03/17/sanchez-sola-describes-galaxy-team-league-office

“Tomorrow, they can fine me, they can tear up my passport, but I’m not joking. I’m not a subordinate, I’m not here for this," Sanchez Sola added. "I came here to coach a serious team, because (my players) give a tremendous effort, what they do is tremendous, I don’t want them to be affected by these type of decisions (of favoritism).”

19. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    That's where he went astray.

Berks and Beirut repped this.
  20. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AGREED!
    His crying is delicious. It was (possibly) a bad call. You tied the game. Get over it.

Those Magee and Sarvas quotes are explosive. That type of play is not good for the league.

21. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Well a dire effort to cap off a thoroughly dismal “rivalry week.” It's been a long time since MLS put out a weekend of such utter crap. They need to stop hyping what doesn't need hyping and manufacturing what cannot be manufactured.

ragbone, hav77, Hachiko and 2 others repped this.
  22. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's most ridiculous is every shmuck in MLS is celebrating this. I don't care if they hate us, we are the powers of MLS and there will always be big brother syndrome but when they cheer Chivas they are oblivious to the fact that "team" is destroying our league

kaburu repped this.
  23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah MLS needs to stop Mickey Mousing this league so much. People can learn on their own and don't need soccer in the USA spoonfed to them

Hachiko repped this.
  24. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of people on BS call MLS a Mickey Mouse League for a reason. All of you saw it this weekend.

25. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am going to go ahead and take one for the team here. The reason we drew...was because Twilight Sparkle was at the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She was supposed to cast a spell that would help the Galaxy rout Chivas by halftime, but the spell backfired and it affected their performance greatly. It did the opposite. So, I am banning Ms. Sparkle from any more MLS games because I'm not gonna take any chances in regards to our team's performance. Twilight and I have agreed to leave it in the hands of the Magee. Forever.

All right, I'm over it. I am so over it. Done. Kaput. Next game. War, next thread.