Ownership Saga: Are we sold, again? [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by mariebannerlfc, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Ownership Saga [R]

Except he never said them things to the said journalist.
    Foxsports is part-owned by Murdoch, no? A sly way of giving respectability to a pile of piffle.

2. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well than that is settled. FoxSports is part-owned by Murdoch I think, I will probably refrain from posting articles linked to there, especially if they are sketchy interviews.

3. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London

The NOTW article was written by hack Rob Beasley. This is the man who called Rafa a snide and basically slagged him off in Sky Sports Sunday Supplement show in January. He is a Chelsea fan and on the eve of a game between Liverpool and Chelsea he attempted to reopen the rift with Rafa and his owners by lying about an exclusive with Rafa. There is no way Rafa would give an exclusive to this man. Instead the interview was done by Rafa for the Spanish edia outlet El Mundo and the translated interview is here in full

'Quotes from here full interview:

INMA LIDÓN

Rafael Benitez has a dream: making Liverpool the Premier League champions, or in other words, shortening the gap created by the big spending clubs. This season that feat seems complicated, but on Sunday against Chelsea he has the opportunity to win in a battle.

How big a setback is Fernando Torres’s injury for Sunday’s match?

- It’s a big blow for us because we were counting on him playing, of course. For me it’s a confirmation that these international friendlies at this stage, when the players have played so many games, don’t make a lot of sense.

Is it safe to say that the Premier is the ideal competition for Torres?

- I think so. Fernando has adapted very well and he has demonstrated that he has great quality and the conditions to succeed.

Do you think he was in need of shaking off the pressure he had in La Liga and especially at Atletico?

- He’s arrived at a moment where he’s matured and has more experience. The change has been good for him, good for us and, as far as I can tell, it’s also been positive for Atletico.

You have described your match tomorrow against Chelsea as ‘vital’ one

- It’s very important for us to get back on track, recover our confidence and to fight, for the time being, for fourth place.

Have Liverpool given up on winning the Premier?

- It’s not a matter of giving up, we need to be realistic. There are two teams at the top that are not making any mistakes and we haven’t been getting the same results as earlier in the season. We’re still lacking a bit in terms of winning matches consistently which would give us the confidence and the possibility of fighting for something more than a Champions League spot.

Do you think people are asking too much of your team when you compare the economical power of your main rivals?

- There is a great difference on the economical level that goes back years. That is what we’re trying to close-in on and, sometimes, in order to achieve this you have to take some risks when you sign players and when you take decisions on the pitch, and you don’t always get it right. To be on the same level as Arsenal, United or Chelsea we have to do everything almost to perfection.

Behind all those teams there are big investors, and the arrival of the Americans at Liverpool has not necessarily meant the injection of cash that people expected.

- The problem is not the spending of this year, but for the last four or five years. The rival squads that were already built by spending a lot of money have kept on strengthening each of those years.

A few months back, Liverpool’s owners did not have all their trust on your work, when the team was six points from the leaders and with a match on hand. Do you think all that controversy has negatively affected your team’s progress since then?

- As a manager I could say yes. I would have the perfect excuse, but I don’t want to use it as an excuse. What is clear is that at that time we were in a good position and that we were close to winning many of those matches that we ended up drawing, and that is why we are in this position now.

But the supporters have had to march on the streets to show their support for Rafa Benitez. Do you think you will remain at the club for the two years left on your contract?

- I have a lot of confidence on our young team that is growing, with a much better squad than when we arrived. I think that the future is promising but we must think about the present.

Despite this, one of the owners spoke to Klinsmann. Do you see it as disrespect?

- At the end you just try to stay away from these things and focus on your job and not pay attention to these kinds of things because you can’t control them.

In this area,you no longer work with Paco Ayestarán, who negotiated with Athletic, Barça and finally Real Sociedad to leave your side. Are you disappointed in the way he left?

- I am very disappointed. When you put your blind faith on somebody and they disappoint you as a person, the professional aspect loses all value, it’s secondary. Sometimes the desire for power changes people. I would like to keep all the good memories but the whole situation was a surprise.

Luis Aragones is also looking over his shoulder for a replacement…

- It’s difficult to keep calm when possible names start to surface. Luis has experience, he will keep going and the team will respond for him.

You’re still fondly remembered in Valencia. Would you be willing to come back?

- I have a lot of good memories from my time in Valencia but I am happy here and I want to win more titles at Liverpool.

Do you follow closely everything that’s going on at Valencia?

- Of course. I think that the latest results in the Liga and the Cup will help them to recover their lost confidence.

What’s your opinion on the situation with Cañizares, Albelda and Angulo?

- Because of my utmost respect for the Club and for them, I feel I must not comment on the issue.
    '

Thanks to the Liverpool Way website for the above report.

You can quite clearly see that Rafa says he does not want to use the 'rift' as an excuse. This sentence was completely ommited by Beasley in order to change the context of Rafa's reply. Beasley has an anti-Rafa agenda. It is his purpose to destabilise Liverpool and get Rafa sacked. Any articles from him should be viewed with this in mind. He claims to be a friend of Mourinho and as such does not want Rafa or Liverpool to succeed.

Rob Beasley is scum and a blight on his profession. Truth and integrity are strangers to this unsavoury hack. Don't believe anything he writes as it is malicious twisted slander.

4. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thanks for that revelationx.

5. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

as gillet become a silent partner or what:confused:

6. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

smart more than silent me thinks

7. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001

Hearing from a couple of different Merseyside sources that something significant happened behind the scenes today - varying from a DIC offer accepted, to Gillett accepting same, to Hicks accepting for his share - no one appears quite sure. Think an underwater tremblor that may or may not produce a tsunami.

And more than a few of these 'sources' keep speaking about Feb. 18th as some sort of D-Day.

8. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven

I sincerely hope it is true. F vck the y(w)ank ownership.

9. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah mayne

fuck yank ownership even though I am one.

10. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006

actually from what I heard alot of fans were planning on showing US Flags upside down at the Inter Game.

so I hope you chaps dont take it personal if it happens

11. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well it would be a bit ignorant but not personal. These two are wankers and would be wankers if they were Brits, Irish, French, or Arabs. But there does appear to be a bit of undertone in both the aversion to them and to the Glazers.

12. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, I won't. I am patriotic, but I understand that is one of the ways Liverpool supporters will show they aren't happy with Hicks and Gillett.

I really don't consider those two Americans anyways...their from Texas.;)

13. Ghostface

Ghostface New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Detroit, MI

To be honest, I won't take offense to it, as it's obvious that it is only to demonstrate the dislike of the ownership, not the country as a whole, but I don't think it's a good idea.

Demonstrate with chants backing Rafa or with banners, that's fine, but this is only going to get the club in the media even more than it already is and could get blown out of proportion.

14. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

right, plus it's not really in the positive tradition of LFC.

15. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gillett is from Wisconsin. And Texans are as American it gets.

But yeah, Hicks is a fuq'ing wanker.

16. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven

I live here in the States and I won’t take it personal. Trust me there are a lot of sports fans here who hate Hicks as well. A couple of years before he bought in at our club, I had a friend that lives in Lubbock give me a 1/2 an hour lecture on why Hicks was the worst sports team owner in the world. At first I thought it was all just the hyperbole that Texans are famous for but now I know the truth.

That it why I say, F vck these Yanks but Yanks in general aren’t bad people at all.

17. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

18. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006

Why because the gave the mexicans a good kickin in the 19th century?

bollox any american state would have grabbed a rifle and gave it large if they were threatened

19. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No.

20. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bush was born in CT and spent most of his childhood there. He's no Texan.

I was born and raised in Milwaukee, harboring all the stereotypes associated with Texas/Texans, but spent my college years in Austin. Texans are great people, I assure you. The negativity associated with them (and most Southerners), is largely unfounded and uninformed. Very warm, laid-back, welcoming people who love to eat good food, drink beer, and are incredibly passionate about their sports.

There are dickheads everywhere. Our "president" and current co-owner are two of them, no doubt. Ever been to Jersey?

21. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah I know my uncle is from Dallas and I have a friend who has half his family living in Dallas as well. I have always had a good time when I go down there. The problem is that the stereotypes associated with Texans are usually confirmed by the more famous ones associated with the state (Hicks and Bush) as poor examples.

I also know a lot about stereotypes about a certain state. Apparently ND doesn't have electricity and we all speak like the people in the movie "Fargo". We also still ride horses and shoot Native Americans off of them. Running water is a new thing around these parts.

22. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Da heck d'ya mean?

:D

The greatest work in the Coens' filmography, and that's saying something.

23. Ghostface

Ghostface New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Detroit, MI

Best Coen brothers film you say?

[​IMG]

By miles. But I guess the rest of the catalog isn't too shabby either :D

24. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club: