Owen Hargreaves in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by canuck51, Aug 22, 2010.

1. JohnnyRanger

JohnnyRanger Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    @shiek, keep the personal stuff off these boards. You are free to disagree with someone, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    i was only dreaming that hargreaves would make a comeback, but i knew it would not be with the Caps; he was too young to retire and deserved another shot at Euro top-flite football

3. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    i want to promote the meeting and sell tickets and beer-- should be a sell-out! :D

4. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Lol.. a very funny and predictable post.

People need to get out to more games and enjoy instead of always being sour and miserable.

5. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    JohnnyRanger

The man who doesn't go to games and hides at home to watch games, magically challenges me to a Meeting (aka fight ) in person and calls me a coward. And I end up being the one who gets the warning!

This should be fun on here. A certain poster is always serious, negative, sour, and any other adjective that I can conjur up. He can't handle people critisizing him so he makes predictable and childish name-calling rants to satisfy his own lonely existence. Is that a personal attack? Who knows, but there is a lot of evidence to back me up.

Said poster also sent me an PM calling me a "plastic"! I have attended over 90% of home games for 31 years of Vancouver Caps and 86ers; and a guy who does not got to games calls me plastic. I think your personal friendship towards him is clouding your moderation.

Thanks for the warning though; I will heed your advice.

Thanks

TheCopperSheik

6. dewhitecapfan

dewhitecapfan Member

Jul 28, 2008
    thePLASTICsheik ? :p possible 3rd incarnation of the name?

7. piltdownman

piltdownman Member

Jun 24, 2005
    vancouver
    And now I remember why I don't post often here ;)

8. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    This is a good site, it needs more posters!

9. sportie1

sportie1 Member

Sep 4, 2008
    well... like the IronSheik, the CopperSheik is controversial, sometimes a nitwit, sometimes spot on... but he is entertaining to read and he does get people to respond, even vigorously

we dont need more boring, cookie-cutter writers

10. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Whoregreaves sympathizing makes me sick as well.

11. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Would you feel the same way if TFC signed him?

12. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I would give him a second chance to make amends for his earlier mistake. If he can some how help Canadian soccer evolve, whether that be from youth development or as an actual player on one of the MLS squads, I will commend him for his efforts. If he comes here for just one last pay day and nothing else, basically cash in on his "Canadian" status, I would not approve.

13. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The SS board has its problem people too. (And we both know who I'm talking about. *lol*)

Except for IronSheikh, I always liked this board up until the beginning of this season. The SS board seems to have absorbed 95% of all Whitecaps discussion. If I didn't hate the format of the boards so much (I can NEVER make sense of the chronology of the messages, or discover when people have responded ot my posts, etc), I would post there a lot more often.

On topic: Krammerhead is right. Hargreaves for City, and Hargreaves on our turf playing against hard tacklers with mediocre support and two entirely different performers.

14. TheCopperSheik

May 18, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    So if he comes to the Caps you are sick that people are sympathizing for "whoregreaves".....if he comes to TFC you would give him a 2nd chance.

And you wonder why we laugh at you guys sometimes.

15. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No, I would give him a second chance if he signed with the Caps as well. Notice how I said, "One of the MLS squads," not just TFC. The sympathizing part is just in general. I laugh at you for your bad reading comprehension.

Speaking of which, I can't recall people here laughing at me, or me wondering why they are laughing at me. I don't even recall ever seeing you before this exchange either. Are you stalking me or something?

MOD: Please don't make this personal. That's how this board degenerates. It's a forum, he's responding; if you don't want want responses, don't post.