owen, drawing interest from barca and madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mega montana, Nov 8, 2003.

1. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    recent rumors have michael owen linked to both barcelona and madrid

why would madrid even need him here? would he even play?

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    no disrespect to Michael Owen, but what is Madrid going to do - play with three strikers?!

3. Kell Cantona

Kell Cantona New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    If Kluivert leaves, Rijkaard already said he'd like to have Owen in Barcelona.. and Beckham said he'd love to Owen to join Real Madrid..blah but if Real Madrid signs Michael that would mean BYE BYE Ronaldo or some other galactico, and honestly Ronaldo is better than Owen.

4. ½Titanium™

½Titanium™ New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    England captain David Beckham believes international team-mate Michael Owen could play for 'any team in the world'.

The Real Madrid midfielder was responding to reports that Owen, frustrated with a lack of Champions League action at Liverpool, could become the latest 'galactico' at the Bernabeu.

Beckham, whose summer switch to Madrid has so far been an unqualified success, tried to take a diplomatic line but admitted he would recommend the club to anyone.

5. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think that Owen has at this moment the best position to be the next 'galatico'. In the last week i have read a lot of articles about it in the Spain newspapers. Maybe, his agent is trying to move the market. But there are too many rumours, and it seems that Owen wants to leave the Liverpool.

I read yerterday that Beckham could speak with Owen the next week when both play with England to say him that RM is the better option.

I don't know, i think that Florentino and Valdano must have a list of 4 or 5 players, and that they won't take the final decision until March or April.

With Owen RM should play with a 4-3-3, or quit Ronaldo or Raul. I think that the second option is impossible. The team could be:

Casillas
    Salgado, Pavon, Helguera, Roberto Carlos
    Figo, Beckham, Zidane
    Raul, Ronaldo, Owen

As i said in other thread, i think that it is a too offensive team but ......