Overheard at the ACC tournament

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by FigoB1, Nov 19, 2002.

1. FigoB1

FigoB1 New Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Virginia
    I was listening to Josh Hakala's soccer show last night (sorry, Diceson) and he had Mark Bushman on. Mark claimed while he was at the ACC tourney last week, he heard from a few sources that DC might trade the #1 pick to Chicago for Ante Razov.

Not sure how accurate this is, or if it's another one of those lame-ass rumors, but if it's remotely true, I wouldn't mind it. We need to get some players who can come in and play right away. Razov could do that. Besides, Chicago desparately needs to get rid of some salary cap money, and Eskandarian would be a good fit there.

Thoughts?

2. Etcheverry's Mullet

Etcheverry's Mullet New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Not sure what I think of this...Razov's talented, but I sort of had my eye on somebody else, somebody more dynamic

3. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, now that we've cornered the market on short midfielders, we're moving on to slow strikers.

4. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts exactly. I've never been an Ante fan. He seems to be more lucky than good. What he lacks in speed he makes up for by good positioning. He may have a knack for scoring goals but I wonder if he is the fit RH is looking for.

TS.

5. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    He's definitely faster than Quintanilla. And taller. Skills are about even.

I think he's better than anything we could get out of the draft. The question is whether he's worth what we would have to pay him.

6. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not saying much.

Seeing Quintanilla run makes me understand how all those animals got swallowed up by glaciers in the ice age.