Overbooked, August 1st

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by Killersheep, May 29, 2013.

1. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the International Championship Cup has booked Real Madrid vs. LA Galaxy on August 1st at University of Phoenix (most likely venue)

Phoenix FC has a home game that same night against Harrisburg.

Discuss

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Yeah, it's at U of P. Tickets go on sale Friday.

No one asked me (to which the folks at PFC are saying, right now, "No shit, jagov."), but I've always thought they should play a game at like 6am for the novelty factor and to use the summer heat as an advantage. They'd get a ton of local morning show coverage (and maybe some national coverage - freak show stuff like the midnight baseball game every first day of summer in Alaska) and people could go to the game and still get to work on time. This would be quite the opportunity to do that. There'd be national media in town, they could get a lot of mileage out of it.

Now, if I'm Bill Becher, I don't think I go for the schedule change, and understandably so. Coaches are interested in what helps their team win. But they probably have a slightly better chance at 6am (9am their body time) at 83 degrees (the low temp last August 1) than at 7pm at 104 (the high last August 1), and, if you did it right, there's certainly no way there could be fewer people there at 6am than at 7pm with the Galacticos playing at the same time on the other side of the Valley.

That's just me. Barring that, play as the undercard at U of P, which I would think would be prohibitively expensive.

3. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already have tickets to the Phoenix game and don't want to spend whatever the Real Madrid tickets cost. It really sucks for the team as far as finances and the environment at the game are concerned.

4. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I did a poll on a private group and about 80% of LFR are still planning on attending the PFC game, it's gonna be rough though.